Scott's Book Excerpt

A place for all Creed discussion.
chtimixeur
On The Rail

Re: Scott's Book Excerpt

Post by chtimixeur »

GazEd wrote: I would really be surprised if a human being did not want the band (or any other thing, like, company, or whatever) that made him well-known and pretty rich to be relevant or remain the main priority.
Then why does Mark focus that much on Alter bridge (semi-successful band, only in Europe) and his solo project, instead of focusing on Creed, the band that made him rich and famous ? :P
Creed seems like the least of his priorities these days, and I would be extremely surprised if there was a fifth album in the next few years. I'm pretty sure from 2013 on, it's gonna be Alter Bridge/Solo projet/Alter Bridge/Solo project/Alter Bridge/Solo projet/Alter Bridge/Solo project... with a short Creed tour every now and then when he's short on cash. His heart is clearly not into this band anymore.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

chtimixeur wrote: Then why does Mark focus that much on Alter bridge (semi-successful band, only in Europe) and his solo project, instead of focusing on Creed, the band that made him rich and famous ? :P
Cause it's not the same for everyone, maybe? Mark has got AB, solo, Creed sometimes and guesting here and there while Stappy only has Creed and nothing else.
chtimixeur wrote:
Creed seems like the least of his priorities these days, and I would be extremely surprised if there was a fifth album in the next few years. I'm pretty sure from 2013 on, it's gonna be Alter Bridge/Solo projet/Alter Bridge/Solo project/Alter Bridge/Solo projet/Alter Bridge/Solo project... with a short Creed tour every now and then when he's short on cash. His heart is clearly not into this band anymore.

Seconded.
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

In the early '00s all the '80s bands were going out on nostalgia tours, playing their greatest hits and raking in big bucks. Ten years later the '90s bands are naturally doing the same thing. May sting to some but judging by the way things have been going this seems to be the case with Creed.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

NytestrykerZ wrote:In the early '00s all the '80s bands were going out on nostalgia tours, playing their greatest hits and raking in big bucks. Ten years later the '90s bands are naturally doing the same thing. May sting to some but judging by the way things have been going this seems to be the case with Creed.
Except for the big bucks part :lol

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Micky wrote:i was surprized at that too. But he may not mention it strictly because he knows they left him to start something without him, y'know? Probably hurts his pride or whatever.

I loved the sections about Creed though, do like how eveyrbody was put to blame in the book, not just Stapp and we got to hear his side of the story.
I definitely understand that, but isn't a tell-all book the perfect place to address something that may have hurt his pride? Like Jared said, he's said good things about Alter Bridge in the past, so why not even mention them in this book? I don't know, there's something about the phrase "Mark's other band" that just makes me feel like Stapp is being a little bit childish about the whole thing.

But I agree with you, I do enjoy hearing Scott's side of things. Now we just need books from Mark and Myles!

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

I think I've found the only references to Alter Bridge in the book. There are four, I believe, none of which reference AB or Myles by name.

End of Chapter 18, talking about the end of the Weathered tour:
In the meantime, I suffered agonizing withdrawals. I was climbing the walls. I reached out to my bandmates for help, but they were off forming a new band with a new singer. They never checked up on me. They moved on, as if I had already died.
Chapter 19, talking about financial stuff while living in Hawaii after the Creed break-up
Later I found out that my fears had become a reality: my handlers, including Alan Meltzer, had cut and run and were working with this new band Mark had formed.
Also in Chapter 19:
Mark and Flip, who had reconnected with Brian Marshall, also had no interest in making music with me. They had continued with their new band and had found another lead singer.

And Chapter 23, about the Full Circle period:
Only a few days later, I was shocked to hear Mark's announcement that his other band was releasing their third record and had set dates for a European tour. They'd be going in Creed's place. Suddenly our international tour was off.

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

I love Alter Bridge and I would have liked to see Stapp mentioning them in his book by name. Nevertheless, I can understand his attitude, I guess there's still some bitterness that only time can heal.

I still give Stapp credit for saying "Alter Bridge is alive and well" in an interview, shortly after the re-union. Obviously the AB-Tour that he's talking about in the book, brought back some of his bad feelings on Alter Bridge. Wish he will overcome these gaps between him and the rest of the band some day.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

You guys are looking to hard for something negative.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

nagpo wrote:You guys are looking to hard for something negative.
I find it to be more strange than negative that he wouldn't mention them by name. That's the arrogant side of Stapp. It's just like when he got pissed off about the cross promotion on Twitter and started blocking AB fans. Mark was apologizing to fans and didn't know what Stapp was doing or why.

Stapp seriously doesn't like the existence Alter Bridge, and the fact that he just repeatedly calls them "the other band" or "the new band" in his book is proof of that. I think it's interesting and I wanted to share with the board these examples of when he avoids naming the band. I'm not necessarily looking for something negative. It just says a lot about Stapp, in my opinion.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

Fuck it. Found an international shipper and ordered. Love Stappy. Must-read!
I saw lation

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

GazEd wrote:Fuck it. Found an international shipper and ordered. Love Stappy. Must-read!
People in this thread don't seem to like e-books. That's how I got mine for $15 and I had it as an instant download. Put it on my cheap e-reader and got through most of the book in the past few days.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

I don't like the idea of getting e-books for the same ammount of money as a real (in this case even in hard-cover!) book. If it was 3 times cheaper, I would have no probs with that I think.
I saw lation

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

I think I've seen Myles talk about Creed once.. Yet no one seems to pick up on that?

I think some people might be over-analysing this, yeah it's strange he doesn't refer to Alter Bridge by their name, but calling them "Mark's other band" is rather factual.

Wylde 1919
Bought The CDs

Post by Wylde 1919 »

I personally, believe that Stapp knows AB is close to going big, and they will leave him behind. Not that they will leave Creed behind. But, changed or not, Stapp can't get over the fact that Mark, is building his brand beyond Creed. And he is resentful of the the other guys, having what he don't, success outside of Creed. His still blames others for his short comings in my opinion. And until he can get a solo career going he will always feel resent. By the way I still don't believe The Great Devide sold a million copies. Just my two cents on this subject.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

Going big? They've probably already reached the highpoint of their career as a band. They will never be popular in the US like they are in europe. AB will never be as big as Creed was. Don't kid yourself.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

nagpo wrote:Going big? They've probably already reached the highpoint of their career as a band. They will never be popular in the US like they are in europe. AB will never be as big as Creed was. Don't kid yourself.
One does have the right to dream of something like this though.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

I have had similar dreams myself. I'm used to them crashing down.

Wylde 1919
Bought The CDs

Post by Wylde 1919 »

Well AB is still touring more places, and made more albums than solo Stapp. So I would say AB is for sure still growing a base.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

It's easier too do all then when your label isn't blocking your every move.

Wylde 1919
Bought The CDs

Post by Wylde 1919 »

Labels tried to hold AB down, but they seemed to get by that and keep going. Not trying to be a dick about Stapp, but to many people think he's a victim. I think if he where to look in the mirror, he would see that he was, or is his own worst enemy. Writing a book and blaming things on Mark, or anyone else is kind of petty. Put yourself in Mark, Flip, or Brians shoes, you get to start anew without any drama inside the band you do it. Stapp kind of reminds me of Sebastian Bach, has mega success early, loses it, and blames Snake Sabo, labels, and Doc McGhee for all of his problems.