Scott's Book Excerpt

A place for all Creed discussion.
Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Scott's Book Excerpt

Post by Them Bones »

Am sure Stapp is strictly writing from his perspective of things.. He writes that the real purpose of the reunion "seemed" insincere to him.. But aren't fans also getting similar vibes from Mark and the other guys? not to blame anyone, but why is that Stapp has been blamed for everything.. Am sure it was everybody involved in the band.. Am a huge fan of Mark's, I wouldn't want Creed to stop making music again cuz of what Stapp has to say in his book, but I don't think theres anything wrong with Stapp letting out finally, cuz he has been getting a lotta shit over the years.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I'll also say again that we don't know yet how that chapter ends, and there's one more chapter after it. We don't know what he ends up saying after venting some frustration. I'm interested to read it though.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I think Stapp's theory about Windup sabotaging Full Circle's promotion is a bit stupid. The record was simply not as good as the previous ones, most people had stopped buying records, and most important, a lot of fans had moved on (which happens to 99% of bands).

Here is a quote from Fred Durst from a recent Kerrang interview (love them or hate them, but Limp Bizkit pretty much had the same kind of career as Creed : huge in the late 90's - breakup in the early 2000's - comeback in 2009, with a member wanting to promote his other band) :
Say in 2000, there were 35 millions people who connected with this band. 12 years later, a lot of those people have moved on. We were a moment in time and it's over"
(...)
We did it bigger than anybody and we're not gonna do it again. It's fucking impossible and we don't want to. We just want to jam and have fun. We're just happy to be doing it. When we're not, we'll stop.
(...)
People need to stop comparing us now and to that success.
(...)
We could make the catchiest song of our entire career right now and it just wouldn't matter. People move on and they're supposed to. Generations are supposed to connect to new things and have a new voice that represents who they are now. That's not us.
:bow for being so honest.

I'm also not very sure it was the smart thing to call the 2009 reunion "insincere". Seriously, who believed all their PR bullshit about reuniting and being brothers again ? Watching their interviews on CNN and such, anyone could tell it was just for the money, but who cared : Creed was back, and that's all that mattered.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Full Circle was far from a good album, but it was better than a lot of albums that were released that year.. And it most definitely was not promoted like the previous Creed albums... Talking about interviews, Stapp always seemed genuinely excited about the reunion, cant say so much about the other guys.... And the question about moving on, I see a lotta people who never knew about the existence of Creed up until now, really diggin the music. The first three records by this band, however modern or simple and radio friendly people wanna call them, those three records were pretty damn good.. My Own Prison was a killer album.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

They all seemed excited about the reunion.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

As Andy said....
It seems everyone is getting it locked in their heads that the reunion wasnt about friendship and such, but theres more after that part, and before, I'd wait till the whole thing is out before jumping to sure fire conclusions.
Not to point a finger, I too thought that at first, but when I saw them on stage in 09, and 10, there's no way those smiles on stage were a puppet show. As genuine as it gets IMO.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Wow indeed. Definitely sounds like the reunion was exciting for the guys in the beginning but it all went downhill from there. I still want to know what happened to Scott's voice in 09 which I'm sure he'll explain. You gotta give him credit for speaking the truth about things though, not just Mark's mistakes but his own. No one is perfect or without fault. Other than that I'm glad he spoke out about Wind Up... it just makes me wonder what they're going to think about all of this.

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

At the end of the book, Stapp talks about going to the Betty Ford Center for rehab (possibly after the Brazil solo tour cancellation?). Mark called while he was there. Unlike the old days, Mark and the guys are going to patient and understanding of Stapp as he continues to fight through his demons. I think that's important to know.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

austin. wrote:I dont think i, or any of us, have heard the balcony story, so i imagine this book will be all honesty, cant wait
No, I remember that one. I always thought that might have contributed to some of his issues. That was in some article in the news when it happened.
Photobucket cash grab.

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

I remember that balcony story, but what I remember is that the article said he was in a party and somehow fell. His details on that book sound sad and exciting to read.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

chtimixeur wrote:I think Stapp's theory about Windup sabotaging Full Circle's promotion is a bit stupid. The record was simply not as good as the previous ones, most people had stopped buying records, and most important, a lot of fans had moved on (which happens to 99% of bands).
It's kind of depressing to have your virtually unpromoted record hit #1 on iTunes and #2 overall on the Billboard 200 and still have your label not promote it further. The album didn't sell as many copies as the first 3 because of the piracy age we're in, but in comparison to other albums in this era, Full Circle debuted well. I don't think it's unfair to say Wind-Up has promoted the band poorly since the reunion...because it's true.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

BTW that chapter pretty much explains why Scott stopped the AB tweets and cross promotion. I still believe Michael's intentions were positive though. It's a shame things worked out that way but hopefully that negativity is behind them. They seem to be having fun on the current tour.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

George wrote:I remember that balcony story, but what I remember is that the article said he was in a party and somehow fell. His details on that book sound sad and exciting to read.
yeah, that's what i remember too, it said he was at a party and fell off.
Photobucket cash grab.

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

This link has pretty much the first 60 pages of the book as review, except for a few pages.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/141436 ... 1_1&sr=8-1
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

So ... did anybody read this yet?

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

It just came out yesterday...give it some time. I should have it tomorrow.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

austin. wrote:Seems we weren't the only ones thinking Creed was getting the short end of the stick and just for the money, that seemed to be Scott's thoughts at first.
we weren't just thinking, we were stating fact..
austin. wrote:At this point (where they are in 2012) I'm sure it isn't that way now.
riiight... :X

The book seems like an interesting read.. might pick it up!
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

Desi
Brand New Start

Post by Desi »

I've just ordered my copy of the book and I can't wait to get it! :)
02.06. 2011 - Ursynalia Warsaw Student Festival. My first AB show!

Peyton
Bought The CDs

Post by Peyton »

I got 3

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

why