SCOTT STAPP To Play FRANK SINATRA In Upcoming RONALD REAGAN Biopic

A place for all Creed discussion.
MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

SCOTT STAPP To Play FRANK SINATRA In Upcoming RONALD REAGAN Biopic

Post by MidnightToker »

This is surprising news...

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/scott ... an-biopic/
According to Billboard, CREED frontman Scott Stapp will portray Frank Sinatra in the upcoming biopic "Reagan". The film, which is due next year, will include a scene of Sinatra singing at the Ambassador Hotel's Cocoanut Grove club in Hollywood, where he performed at a fundraiser in 1970 for Ronald Reagan's second California gubernatorial campaign.

"Sinatra in performance mode was an exercise in restraint," Stapp said in a statement to Billboard. "He had this steely, stylish swagger and his sheer presence commanded a room. I was excited to join the cast and blown away by the on-set attention to detail, style, and overall production."

"Reagan" is directed by Sean McNamara, produced by Mark Joseph and written by Howard Klausner. Stapp joins a cast including Dennis Quaid, who portrays Reagan; Jon Voight as a KGB agent who tracked Reagan for 40 years; Penelope Ann Miller as Nancy Reagan; Mena Suvari as Reagan's first wife, Jane Wyman; Lesley-Anne Down as Margaret Thatcher; and Kevin Dillon as Jack Warner.

"We are honored to have Scott in 'Reagan'," McNamara said. "Scott's known for big, high-energy performances, so it was a thrill to see him shift gears to embody Sinatra's contained charisma."

Stapp is known as frontman for CREED (over 50 million albums sold worldwide), and for his work as a solo artist who released the platinum-certified "The Great Divide" (2005) and "Proof Of Life" (2013), which featured his first solo Billboard No. 1, "Slow Suicide".

In July 2019, Scott released his first album in six years, "The Space Between The Shadows".

Stapp went through a highly publicized, drug-inflamed meltdown in 2014, after which he entered into an intensive rehab program. Stapp also lost custody of his three children during this period, while also missing a court hearing and allegedly threatening to kill President Obama.

After completing rehab, Scott spent the following year in intensive therapy. Although he was initially diagnosed with bipolar disorder, it was later determined that it was severe depression that led to addiction. Now nearing six years of sobriety, Stapp spoke to Men's Health about health and fitness in 2019 when his comeback album was released, saying, "I hate to use the word, but I guess it has become my new addiction."

nagpo
On The Rail

Re: SCOTT STAPP To Play FRANK SINATRA In Upcoming RONALD REAGAN Biopic

Post by nagpo »

This could be good. Quaid and voight are great actors. I hope it really protrays reagans hatred for commies and how bad his first wife was and how awful hollywoof was to him once he became president. I fyou look at sinatra, stapp could look like him given the right movie magic. Would be strange to see him dance tho lol. but from what i gather it'll be a small thing, kind of like Myle's appearance in that one movie.

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

I dont know what to expect. Can he act? Seems like maybe be one scene.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Kreuger wrote:I dont know what to expect. Can he act? Seems like maybe be one scene.
yeah i bet it's like a one scene type of thing. will be interesting... worst thing possible is that he'll look goofy. best thing is that we might get a good sinatra cover.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

As far as whether he can act or not, I stumbled upon this gem...... But agreed. If it means a new song showing off more of his range, I'm completely up for it. So happy Stapp is doing well. Can't believe its been 6 years since everything went to complete Hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW4BgJmcqeo

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Weird choice indeed.
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but these are big shoes to fill.

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

Devil Inside You wrote:As far as whether he can act or not, I stumbled upon this gem...... But agreed. If it means a new song showing off more of his range, I'm completely up for it. So happy Stapp is doing well. Can't believe its been 6 years since everything went to complete Hell.

Hahahaha. That video is classic!!! Hopefully this next acting gig goes a bit better.

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

I bet Scott gonna do cover for My Way. Surprising choice indeed. Can you imagine Scott live cover going "I DID IT MY WAY... yeah... COME ON! SING IT! I CANT HEAR YOU BACK THERE..." :lol

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Devil Inside You wrote:As far as whether he can act or not, I stumbled upon this gem...... But agreed. If it means a new song showing off more of his range, I'm completely up for it. So happy Stapp is doing well. Can't believe its been 6 years since everything went to complete Hell.

How have I never seen this LMAO Epic. That's great meme stuff

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

Ive never seen that either. But hes not gonna change the style when hes playing the role.
Scott Stapp:

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

I don't think he'll sing anything but lip sync and act.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

George wrote:I don't think he'll sing anything but lip sync and act.
why hire a baritone singer and not have him sing

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Kreuger wrote:Ive never seen that either. But hes not gonna change the style when hes playing the role.
how do u know

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

That's a completely fair take on the subject by eddie

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

nagpo wrote:
Kreuger wrote:Ive never seen that either. But hes not gonna change the style when hes playing the role.
how do u know
Why would he? Hes playing a character. Hes gonna do it as close to the real deal as he can.
Scott Stapp:

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Kreuger wrote:
nagpo wrote:
how do u know
Why would he? Hes playing a character. Hes gonna do it as close to the real deal as he can.
Oh I thought you meant 'Stapp is not going to change his style when hes playing the role.'