Creed Back Together Soon !!!!

A place for all Creed discussion.
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: Creed Back Together Soon !!!!

Post by Timotheus »

Dan Dando wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:38 pm
Devil Inside You wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:26 pm
nagpo wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:17 am I wish he would flat out say it so i can move on with my life tbh
If the downtime from COVID didn't lead to them finishing that Creed album nothing will. Even Limp Bizkit finished their album
I think Mark is hoping for a situation similar to what the band Journey went through around 2007/2008. Don't Stop Believing was famously used in the series finale of The Sopranos in 2007, and as a result there was a big resurgence of interest in the band. The following year they brought out an album and it was their first album to go platinum since 1996. That album made it to number 5 in the Billboard 200 chart and stayed in the 200 for 42 weeks, where as the album they released a couple of years before the Sopranos finale peaked at number 170 in the Billboard 200.

Now don't get me wrong, I can't imagine a famous HBO show featuring Higher or With Arms Wide Open anytime soon, but I think this is the kind of cultural moment Mark is looking for before he can embrace the idea of more Creed.
Kinda similar to what's happening to Kate Bush and Stranger Things at the moment. That's a pretty good point. Though even in that situation, I'm not sure if they'd release a full album. Maybe they'd do some late night shows or a tour.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Summer tour would have been announced by now. A lot of shows from various bands have already filled up most spots in the local amphitheaters. Plus, you would think their first big tour in a decade, if it's announced now, would have been made a lot more noise of a buildup if it were to happen. Sometimes, maybe it's best to accept reality on reality's terms as I hear a poker coach say when it comes to unfavorable scenarios.

What did Mark say he wanted to do after the solo Europe tour is done? Do another solo round in the states or do more Tremonti Sings Sinatra shows?

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Alter Bridge
Tremonti
Sinatra

Rinse and repeat.

Sorry, Stapp, no time for you! :shrug

PS : this thread should be renamed "Creed not coming back to your town any time soon". :lol

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

yeah the gap between the last reunion was shorter than this. I'm not waiting on creed anymore. i don't think creed will happen again. I'll be listening to their music probably my entire life, but I don't expect any new music. New in the sense that they write new material. I think they still probably have a b-side or 2 hidden away but that's it.

I'm not waiting on mark tremonti anymore. There are other bands out there.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

https://www.loudersound.com/features/mark-tremonti-on-creed-alter-bridge-frank-sinatra-and-the-bungee-jump-initiation wrote:It felt like a high-school reunion, but some of the old tensions returned and that’s why we haven’t done another one since. That’s not to say we won’t, but the tension is an issue.
Honestly don't know what else there is to say about it. I'd personally never go back to an old job where I left because of negative experiences with colleagues. Let alone twice. If this happens ever again, I can't see it being more than a short-lived tour.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

They had a couple of bad days 10 years ago, and he's still not ready to forgive (is there's anything to forgive at all).
Just call it a career, then, and move on for good.
What's the point of pretending you're gonna come back one day if you still hate Stapp just as much as you did back in 2003?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I don't think it's about forgiving. It's about knowing some personalities just don't match. The same way you'd approach a romantic relationship. Would you go back with your ex-partner a third time, knowing it went wrong twice already?

Btw, "couple of bad days"... Stapp was still lying and talking shit about the other members on public television years after the second reunion happened. He even admitted doing so. This goes way beyond a few bad exchanges.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

What do you mean?
Which lies?
Can you be specific, please?

I know he told Mark he didn't deserve to be in a band like Creed, and in a way, I kinda agree with him.
A band of this magnitude should be treasured by all its members, but anytime Mark talks about it, you can feel his distaste for it, and almost his shame.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

This is an older post, I posted a while back.
Remember when Stapp starting doing all those interviews in 2012? He was bad-mouthing Mark and the other guys publically, was saying it was their fault there was no new Creed record. Saying his side of the street was clean. That Mark was being dishonest. That is was Mark's fault he couldn't pay his bills and take care of his children. This was not one interview, there were a bunch of those, on national television. This caused a bunch of angry threads on this board, blaming Mark, saying he's a tyrant. I can't imagine the tweets, phone calls, conversations, annoying interview questions Mark had to endure about this subject.

This all happened during Stapp's "honest", holier than thou book-tour by the way.

Few years later Stapp admitted in that Wikipedia Fact or Fiction interview that he lied and that the real reason those sessions were put on hold, was because he was relapsing.
I know he told Mark he didn't deserve to be in a band like Creed, and in a way, I kinda agree with him.
A band of this magnitude should be treasured by all its members, but anytime Mark talks about it, you can feel his distaste for it, and almost his shame.
So what? He obviously values health, stability and family over his career. The idea that Stapp deserves to be in a band like Creed more than Mark is laughable considering everything that happened, but sure, let's give him that. He's got everything that it takes to deserve Creed. How's that working out for him?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

I just find it laughable at this point that people can point the blame on Creed not being together on Mark. It's like completely ignoring the history of the band and what caused the breakup in the first place, twice. Hey, let's try it a third time now, I'm sure everything will be different.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

VigilantSteve wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:29 pm I just find it laughable at this point that people can point the blame on Creed not being together on Mark. It's like completely ignoring the history of the band and what caused the breakup in the first place, twice. Hey, let's try it a third time now, I'm sure everything will be different.
Sounds like me and a personal relationship I've had for years. This time, it will be different, I thought 10 years ago. Now 30-year old me understands better and that we are not entitled to anything that comes our way and that nothing is a given. Relationships we've had long ago, that was good, aren't guaranteed to be good now and that there's should be no bad blood nowadays. It's fine that I got one way, she goes another. That's how life goes sometimes.

I imagine this may be how Mark feels when it comes to Creed.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Then, if that past relationship is that toxic, break up for good and don't let people believe you're gonna get together again.
That's what I don't understand.
If Mark is that ashamed of his Creed past, what's stopping him from ending Creed forever?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

chtimixeur wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:16 pm Then, if that past relationship is that toxic, break up for good and don't let people believe you're gonna get together again.
That's what I don't understand.
If Mark is that ashamed of his Creed past, what's stopping him from ending Creed forever?
I don't think he wants to effectively end it, but I agree he could be more open about it.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Man it would be cool if we could at least get those unfinished songs to be finished, like More Than This and whatnot. Even if there wasnt a new tour.

Not holding my breath though.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

In that same article Mark mentions how a negative review from that same magazine (and many like it) inspired him to form Alter Bridge. Which the interviewer than proceeds to brown nose saying "we got Alter Bridge right immediately" or something to that effect.

That is the only thing I disagree with Mark on regarding Creed. The fact that this still bothers him is baffling to me. When so many people love and want your music why should it matter what your shit talkers think? Fuck that magazine. Those publications are basically non factors in 2022 and the fact those "professional" opinions still influence Mark is ridiculous.

But that's basically it. Stapp is a really solid dude now and while I think Creed deserves a second chance, Mark also deserves consistent happiness which he clearly gets from Alter Bridge and Tremonti band. His Sinatra project was beautiful and is easily gonna be in one of my favorite albums of this year. Stapp blew it in 2012 and that's that. I get a lot out of his solo career and I'd rather have My Own Prison, Human Clay and Weathered than risk another Alter Creed record.

I also partly agree that if Creed is done for just end it. He talked an insane amount of shit about Creed and Stapp for years after the first break up and was adament about "Creed never playing music again". I understand he's more mature now but idk what's stopping him from just saying Creed is over. He wouldn't be pestered about it if there was something that direct out there

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

VigilantSteve wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:29 pm I just find it laughable at this point that people can point the blame on Creed not being together on Mark. It's like completely ignoring the history of the band and what caused the breakup in the first place, twice. Hey, let's try it a third time now, I'm sure everything will be different.
I get why Mark was really pissed the first time, but not the second time.
They basically had an argument. Stapp told him how he felt, and that a band of Creed's magnitude should be cherished and become a priority. What's the big deal about that? Why can't two leaders of a band have an honest conversation about the current and future states of a band?
It baffles me that a band that was that huge has become a 4th priority in Mark's agenda.
I'm not saying Stapp is an easy dude to work with. He has an ego, and has proved to be difficult from time to time. But most frontmen from rock bands are like that.
Had Creed stayed active, it would probably have remained an arena band, like Nickelback for instance.
These days, I'm not even sure they could sell out a theater run.
What a waste!

Timotheus wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:59 pmThe idea that Stapp deserves to be in a band like Creed more than Mark is laughable
Not what I said. I was specifically talking about Mark's love-hate relationship with a band of Creed's magnitude.

Timotheus wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:04 pm I don't think he wants to effectively end it, but I agree he could be more open about it.
The mystery to me is why he won't officially end it.
My theory is that he doesn't want to have to talk smack about Creed and Stapp while doing press for his other projects, so he's chosen to put Creed in indefinite limbo. He's just not interested anymore at all and has moved on, but he will never make it official. Anytime he's asked about it, he can then use the same excuse again and again, which works fine since no journalist ever tries to know more about it.
The last 10 years can be summed up like that:
"Sorry, no time! Maybe a short tour in a couple of years, but I can't promise anything, 'cause i'm busy!" :shrug

Devil Inside You wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:24 amWhen so many people love and want your music why should it matter what your shit talkers think? Fuck that magazine. Those publications are basically non factors in 2022 and the fact those "professional" opinions still influence Mark is ridiculous.
:bow

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I get why Mark was really pissed the first time, but not the second time.

They basically had an argument. Stapp told him how he felt, and that a band of Creed's magnitude should be cherished and become a priority. What's the big deal about that?
That's just one of probably many confrontations that happened. The reunion failed because Stapp was relapsing, as admitted by Stapp himself.

The argument that frontmen often are difficult to work with, and that's why Mark should tolerate Stapp's crap... Never should you let a colleague shit over you in any profession. Doesn't matter if it's your boss, let alone an equal member of your team. That's called self-respect. And let's he honest, Stapp needs Mark way more than the other way around.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

It’s already known where my sympathy lies in this whole creed-shit. I’m one of those that is happy that it’s over and not in the way of so much better music. But that’s just an opinion. I’m surprised over and over again following this ongoiing discussion about who is to blame when over all that happened to this band.
Does it really matter ?
Mark just does not feel any urge to get back to something that disappointed him twice. And he must make a final statement that is is over ? Why should he ? Also his decision to make and not forced by a bunch of people in some thread on a forum of his new band.
Question !
If they all were able to return to the old Creed-days, but with the knowledge and experiences they possess now, who do you think would make complete other choices opposed to that were made then ?
Mark or Scott ?
Answering this question could answer some other questions that are raised here over and over and over and over again.

By the way. I’m not a Creed hater or something. I like the albums but am so much happier with the music that came later with AB and Tremonti.
Might even go see Stapp solo when he visits Holland next year.
But basically i’m happy Creed is finished and not blocking so much better music beiing produced.
And do I care that Mark did not make a final statement finishing that band once and for all ?
No, couldn’t care less.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

chtimixeur wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:16 pm what's stopping him from ending Creed forever?
Devil Inside You wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:24 am He talked an insane amount of shit about Creed and Stapp for years after the first break up and was adament about "Creed never playing music again".
I feel this is the main reason why he doesn't "end" Creed. He very much put an "end" to Creed after the first breakup, until it suddenly wasn't the end and he had to go back on his word and they got back together. I don't think he wants to have to go back on his word in case situations do change in the future, and ultimately this is probably what best keeps the peace from all the most relevant parties involved, even though it understandably leads to some level of frustration among a subset of the fanbase.

And for all we know, maybe he does truly intend to and/or have a desire to return to Creed again someday. Why should he put an end to something just because it doesn't fit the timelines of our expectations?

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Hey let me know if this is allowed or not, discussion wise.

Were Tremonti and Stapp ever friends?

I guess I never really thought about it. Maybe they were at first or maybe they were only a little bit, or maybe they were always just band mates and thats it?