Creed Back Together Soon !!!!

A place for all Creed discussion.
MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Creed Back Together Soon !!!!

Post by MidnightToker »

cheesedip1 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:39 am Hey let me know if this is allowed or not, discussion wise.

Were Tremonti and Stapp ever friends?

I guess I never really thought about it. Maybe they were at first or maybe they were only a little bit, or maybe they were always just band mates and thats it?
They were definitely friends at the beginning, in college. No question about that. I think the relationship started deteriorating when fame and money started to have an influence. Maybe they are incompatible personalities who just got along at first, or maybe they grew to dislike each other. I think by the time the Weathered tour started it was clear they weren't friends anymore, just doing it to keep the cash money rolling. I believe Stapp's drunken Chicago incident was somewhere around 2002, and I know Mark was furious about that.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I think one of them stated that it was during the touring of Human Clay they knew it wouldn't last much longer or something that effect

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

They absolutely were friends and used to be extremely close. Everyone says it was Human Clay where things came undone, but I think it was after Weathered.

In this video Mark says Stapp is like one of his blood brothers and how he and Stapp had Thanksgiving together for many years

https://youtu.be/-Z2KGaxx4YM

Look at the vibe between Stapp and Flip here. C'mon. Even after everything does this look like two guys who hate each other? Stapp even pokes fun of himself and Flip's laughter sounds like genuine friendship. If they kept this energy together Creed would have never broken up. This video hurts cause Stapp says Creed was gonna go harder for album IV.

https://youtu.be/SR4InDSsWj8

Devil Inside You
Isolated

There's one more video of them recording To Whom it May Concern where they are dicking around in the studio and its one of my favorite Creed videos ever. Mark is pulling items out of a lunch bag and Stapp is recording him doing it while they talk like idiots. It reminds me so much of Billy Madison. I hate how uptight they became.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

still waiting for that reunion lol jk

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Was listening to this slowed down version of Rain. Don't ask why as I don't have a good reason :lol

But... anyone else think Mark's solo sounds better this way?

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

:cloud9
Last edited by MaraCarr on Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Atlanta!

Post by MaraCarr »

:cloud9

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Here they are at the Rangers game:

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I don't know where else to post it since there isn't a "The Random Creed Thread" and I don't know if I want to start that thread, but it's nice to see someone outright admits that they like Creed and interviewers may sneer at that notion, but the person gives their reasoning why they like this band in their own ways. I don't know who SZA is, but she seems all right with her reasoning.
After telling the interviewer, "I know! I know!," she then asked, "Wait, you know what’s crazy? Do white people hate Creed and Nickelback? Why? Black people love them! They rock! That shit is bomb! Why do you all hate it so much? That voice…"

When the interviewer noted that they were "kind of cliche," SZA responded, "I like Creed so much — 'Higher'? Why are you hating on it? Have you ever felt more inspired and uplifted in your life? I’m in the car and I’m blasting 'Higher,' I feel like it’s a gospel song, the vocals are going crazy and it’s also somehow slightly romantic, it just feels so fun. Because even if it’s cliche, he’s so fucking dead ass! I will be a Creed fan forever. Like, it started just on a whim in the shower, 'Oh, let’s play this,' and then it became a week of Creed and Nickelback. (laughter)."
https://loudwire.com/sza-defends-love-c ... -dead-ass/

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

that's cool. glad people are liking them again

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

So yeah, seems like Creed is doing yet another reunion. I'm torn. Was an AB fan before I discovered Creed and I haven't followed the previous drama terribly closely but I know they had 2 falling outs presumably tied to Stapp and then he had a mental health breakdown later on. I'm always down for more of anything Mark is passionate about but at the same time, for someone who has talked about how toxic the industry is, he sure is willing to keep letting Stapp back into his professional life. Anyway, excited for folks that were too young to see them tour before get a shot now and for Mark to be able to showcase the stuff he's written that he feels is better suited for Creed

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Fish Tacos wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:27 pm So yeah, seems like Creed is doing yet another reunion. I'm torn. Was an AB fan before I discovered Creed and I haven't followed the previous drama terribly closely but I know they had 2 falling outs presumably tied to Stapp and then he had a mental health breakdown later on. I'm always down for more of anything Mark is passionate about but at the same time, for someone who has talked about how toxic the industry is, he sure is willing to keep letting Stapp back into his professional life. Anyway, excited for folks that were too young to see them tour before get a shot now and for Mark to be able to showcase the stuff he's written that he feels is better suited for Creed
Do you have a favorite Creed album? I've noticed the I discovered Alter Bridge first crowd always tends to pick the same Creed album as their favorite and I'm curious if you like it as well

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Devil Inside You wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:46 pm
Fish Tacos wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:27 pm So yeah, seems like Creed is doing yet another reunion. I'm torn. Was an AB fan before I discovered Creed and I haven't followed the previous drama terribly closely but I know they had 2 falling outs presumably tied to Stapp and then he had a mental health breakdown later on. I'm always down for more of anything Mark is passionate about but at the same time, for someone who has talked about how toxic the industry is, he sure is willing to keep letting Stapp back into his professional life. Anyway, excited for folks that were too young to see them tour before get a shot now and for Mark to be able to showcase the stuff he's written that he feels is better suited for Creed
Do you have a favorite Creed album? I've noticed the I discovered Alter Bridge first crowd always tends to pick the same Creed album as their favorite and I'm curious if you like it as well
Human Clay

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I have listened to My Own Prison and Full Circle in full, but I think if I have the enthusiasm to listen to the other two albums, I may like Weathered the most if the songs are on par with Bullets, One Last Breath, and My Sacrifice.
Mark, if anything, has a larger amount of tolerance when things went awry than most people in this industry can handle. I mean it's going to be around 12 years since Creed last played a show. I think they would agree for the band come back if A. Everyone has their marbles and mental priorities in order and can handle a long tour in big venues without anyone having a breakdown and B. When the time comes for everyone to do other things, everyone would be on the same page and not get upset about it.