Band question

A place for all Creed discussion.
creedfan21
Brand New Start

Band question

Post by creedfan21 »

Longtime creed fan here . I will be going to my 7th concert on July 27th at Harrahs Cherokee and was wondering about meeting the band. I would love to do this and all the concerts i have been to it has seemed almost impossible to actually meet them after the concert and was wanting some pointers from someone as to the best place to maybe do this. Maybe even get an autograph of an old Rolling Stone i have kept for years. I thought this might be a good oppurtunity to try and do this since it is such a small venue. The ones i have been to have always been big ampitheatres or large areans back in the day. Thanks

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: Band question

Post by Andy92 »

Try to find where the band parks their tour buses and go there after the show. That's typically where people have the most luck meeting them. If it's a small venue, security may not be as strict. It's hard to tell though. That'd be my best advice though.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

creedfan21 wrote:Longtime creed fan here . I will be going to my 7th concert on July 27th at Harrahs Cherokee and was wondering about meeting the band. I would love to do this and all the concerts i have been to it has seemed almost impossible to actually meet them after the concert and was wanting some pointers from someone as to the best place to maybe do this. Maybe even get an autograph of an old Rolling Stone i have kept for years. I thought this might be a good oppurtunity to try and do this since it is such a small venue. The ones i have been to have always been big ampitheatres or large areans back in the day. Thanks
Hey do you live in NC? They are having another show in Sept that will be in Durham.

creedfan21
Brand New Start

Post by creedfan21 »

No I live in the tri cities area of Tennessee . Only about 1 to 2 hrs from Cherokee . I can't wait I hope they play some new stuff. Last concert was Pittsburgh pa the first one after reuniting. It was awesome

Peyton
Bought The CDs

Post by Peyton »

I'm coming from Georgia.. NE Georgia.. also about 2 hours... and This will be my 14th... and I've never even come close to meeting them... got pictures of the bus... even donated a ton of money to the WAWO foundation .. (NOT because I wanted to meet stapp... I didn't even find out about the 'if you donate $1000 you get a meet and greet with stapp' until AFTER I donated way more than that... but it never happened... that was when the band was crashing or whatever... and it never happened...

I used up a ton of sick days with the shows I DID see back in the day... GOD it just seems like yesterday in a way.. and I'm waiting for Creednet to come back online.. lol

Troops4Tremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Troops4Tremonti »

Yeah by the tour buses would probably be the most sufficient. E-Rock logs in his location on instagram quite often, so you might follow him on instagram and see if they are hitting some local show the night before (assuming its a off day). My buddy Stewart found out they were going to Steel Panther the night before the MOP show in NY, and we went out there and ended gettin to talk to everyone but Stapp (party atmosphere, I guess). We were standing outside in the smoke pit when Scott Philips and Eric came out and chilled with us for a good 30 minutes. After the show, we waited by the side door and after an hour they came out one by one and we had small talk with each one. If its a festival, they might be in the VIP tent or the pit. I ran into Stapp that way at Rocklahoma. Just keep you're eyes peeled and be cognizant of the bands exit strategy. Good luck, brother!

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Where you live creedfan? Thats weird. im in tri cities too, johnson county. about an hour from johnson city, 45 from bristol.

creedfan21
Brand New Start

Post by creedfan21 »

Thanks everybody hopefully I will have some luck tonight . Either way I'm headed to Cherokee in s couple of hours I cannot wait to see tthem tonight 3rd row :). Austin i'm in kingsport tn so I'm thinking about a 2 hr drive for me .

Troops4Tremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Good luck man! Let us all know how it goes..

Peyton
Bought The CDs

Post by Peyton »

I got a letter from Harrah's the day before the show.. or maybe a couple of days... and got a meet and greet.... it was a great night... the guys were all so nice... even though they must hate doing that kind of thing... they were all really sweet..

creedfan21
Brand New Start

Post by creedfan21 »

Well i have to say that was on eof the BEST Creed shows i think i have seen . The energy was great and it helps that i got to meet all of them but Stapp too. I met Flip, e-Roc , and Mark outside after the show and they were awesome to talk with. Got a few autographs and let them be on their way but they didnt seem to bothered at all. Somebody said Stapp hopped on his bus right after the show and was gone already. We went outside right after the show and made it out there probaly within 10 minutes of the last song too. Oh well though i didnt mind i have some pictures i will post and do a review on the Cherokee thread when i get a chance kind of tired i just got home as well. But to end the band did an awesome job i only have one complaint and wished they had sang a new song but i wasnt expecting it anyways :)

Troops4Tremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Awesome news! Glad you got to meet 3/4ths, better than nothing right? I think that's how it typically goes though, unless it's an official meet and greet (lame compared to seeing them outside the venue lol). Mark gave me backstage passes a couple months ago and we were all hanging out for 2 or 3 hours and didn't see Stapp one time. Accidentally had Brian sign Weathered too lol

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

^ Lol that's pretty awkward :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Peyton
Bought The CDs

Post by Peyton »

yeah... the official meet and greets might be lame... but it's better than never meeting them at all... for me it was anyway...

Troops4Tremonti
TABN.com Citizen

He was fairly tanked so he didn't care lol. The first two times I saw em were meet and greets and it was a fantasy lol so it is definitely better than nothing and still worth the money.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Better than giving Stapp a copy of Blackbird. lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.