Post by Troops4Tremonti »

Check it

"I'm sitting on an entire Creed album"

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ge ... music.html

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: NEW! A Glimmer of Hope

Post by Jaded Rescue »

It's nice to hear Mark would be open to it. I kind of figured the chance of it happening were next to nothing after Stapp had his breakdown a couple of years back. Glad to see Stapp doing better, though, and I certainly wouldn't be against hearing these tunes.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

What exactly is different though? We always have known he has creed songs on the backdrop and that he has a pile of songs for creed, ab and solo. The big news here would be a change in motivation for a new creed record and he plainly states that he has none in comparison to keeping the flow of ab and solo material. He obviously prefers that stuff and wants to keep exercising that muscle. In his own words, maybe in years we'll get another one. When they're in their 50's. Who knows what could happen until then.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Pretty much Nagpo just confirmation Creed will happen again one day. Tremonti is a creative genius and lives for it. No way he takes Creed 4 to his grave without putting it out. Not a chance. One day guys, can't wait!

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

yeah. I guess we have that at least. but do you not count full circle as creed?

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

Great news. But it will be a while until we hear it. Maybe it is Mark letting Scott know "finish those lyrics to those demos, bruh" (not that Mark talks like that, hahaha).

So what do songs do we know of?
- Devil Inside You
- that anthemic one recorded live
- More Than This
- Wasn't there something about a song being a cross between Faceless Man and My Own Prison (Faceless Man Prison?)

But I don't know if it was just me, but I heard a lot of Creed influence in A Dying Machine

Troops4Tremonti
TABN.com Citizen

I read a recent interview of Mark saying that Creed would reunite if people wanted it badly enough.

Has anyone else noticed the strategy that Mark is using here when asserting these points?

1) The window is open - translation - convince me, Stapp.
2) If people want it badly enough - translation - if someone offers us enough money.
3) We're still paying off Wind Up (now bicycle or whatever) - translation - sure would love a big paycheck.
4) I'm too busy right now, maybe a few years down the road - translation - don't give us a low-ball offer.
5) I'm sitting on an entire Creed album - translation - give us an offer and we'll get a record on the shelves super quick.
6) Last time we reunited, big venues were only 60% full - translation - fans: if you want it, come and get it.

Other points to consider:

1) Myles has been busy with Slash and it doesn't look like it's going to end soon.
2) Tremonti band could be due for a break - 4 albums + 1 book in 5 years is a lot.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

They also say the next ab will be next year but at the same time claim timing issues. They really shouldn't rush it. Do creed instead.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Or just take the time on the AB album.... ;)
Thanks Timo!

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

austinjhnsn wrote:Or just take the time on the AB album.... ;)
we've had enough of those and the last one wasn't that good. Time for creed. been almost 9 years this month since the last record.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

nagpo wrote:
we've had enough of those

nope

/captain obvious flies away
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Troops4Tremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Lotha wrote:
nagpo wrote:
we've had enough of those

nope

/captain obvious flies away
I have to agree with the former. AB has 5 records now and like 200 live DVDs.

There's nothing obvious about AB not needing a break. They can "take their time on the next AB album" after Creed.

All that said, I'm sure we'll all get yet another stale AB album next year and I don't see a Creed reunion till at least 2020, although it would be fitting to do something for the 20th anniversary of Human Clay - considering it went diamond.

Any AB records go diamond?
-(insert the real captain obvious)
-(also insert "it's not about the money" comments)
-(also insert "the music business is different now" comments)

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Any Creed singers that are poison to work with?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Troops4Tremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Timotheus wrote:Any Creed singers that are poison to work with?
No, I can't think of any.

"I wouldn't be here right now if it wasn't for Creed."
"I appreciate everything we did with it."
-MT

"Creed has sold over 28 million records in the United States,[5] over 53 million albums worldwide,[6] and was the ninth best-selling artist of the 2000s."
-Wiki

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

the ab vs creed shit is stupid. My post just meant that it's time for a new creed record. It's been a long time. Stapp seems stable and his voice is better than it was in 09. AB TLH was a very divisive record amongst the fandom I think and instead of rushing the next one maybe they could just do something else instead. By rushing I mean both mark and myles seem to be busy with other projects and have said so themselves that scheduling is an issue. As an AB fan, I don't want another TLH situation. It had some good songs but most of which I didn't like, for musical or lyrical reasons. I think I likes marks and myles latest solo stuff more than the last AB album actually.

But I think 9 years is a long enough wait for a fandom to get a new record. After all, AB has 5 records, tremonti has 4, stapp has 2 solo and 1 with AoA and creed only has 4 over the span of 97 through the current year. I just think it's creeds time, personally. But 2020 seems most likely in terms of if they make a new record, when they'll be doing it. Take into account the new ab record next year and new stapp record in Q1 2019.

As a side note, I personally don't even care if creed goes on a big tour or anything. All I need is a new record to satisfy me.

Troops4Tremonti
TABN.com Citizen

nagpo wrote:the ab vs creed $%@& is stupid.
Right. Cause it's not even close. Creed>>>>> AB.
I think I likes marks and myles latest solo stuff more than the last AB album actually.
This goes back to my 'have only 1 project' theory. That one project will be amazing and less diluted.
But I think 9 years is a long enough wait for a fandom to get a new record. After all, AB has 5 records, tremonti has 4, stapp has 2 solo and 1 with AoA and creed only has 4 over the span of 97 through the current year. I just think it's creeds time, personally. But 2020 seems most likely in terms of if they make a new record, when they'll be doing it. Take into account the new ab record next year and new stapp record in Q1 2019.
100% agree.
As a side note, I personally don't even care if creed goes on a big tour or anything. All I need is a new record to satisfy me.
Ditto.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

You know, I keep seeing the whole "Creed sold more copies of one album than all of AB's entire catalog combined" statement when going into the AB vs Creed argument. Let me ask this question. If Creed started from scratch (all of the guys are unknown musicians at that point), from day one, at around say 2010 or so, would they still be able to sell as many copies like they did in the late 90s? I honestly wouldn't think so.

If AB was around in the late 90s and released albums the quality of Blackbird and Fortress, would they have sold millions of copies? This following thought may be seen as a bit of an absurd opinion, but an opinion nonetheless, but I would say so. I think they would have carried that torch and been successors for that heavier hard rock sound that bands like Alice in Chains and Soundgarden had.

That's just what I think, but I never look at the number of album copies sold as a measurement when enjoying a particular brand of music like some people do, so maybe it's a wacky thought from a long-time AB fan that does not really care if Creed comes back or not and wants to see AB keep going for as long as possible and keep chasing for what's next and see that the best is maybe yet to come.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I don't see how one can like AB and not like Creed. The tremonti sound is tied to both of them. Especially the first AB record.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Mark's gotten politer, is all that I can really glean from this.
For all of the hope that it brings...

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

I’m glad Creed excisted. What a nice solid base this was for so much more better to come ! I do understand and respect the wishes for more from all the Creed-fans over here, but I personally prefer a new AB-album versus a new Creed-album any day ! Guess on this side of the ocean the Creed-sentiment is quite different opposed to the American............