SCOTT STAPP Sued By ART OF ANARCHY

A place for all Creed discussion.
TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

SCOTT STAPP Sued By ART OF ANARCHY

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

I didn't see this posted anywhere, so I thought I would point it out
According to SILive.com, Scott Stapp has been sued by the founders of ART OF ANARCHY for allegedly refusing to tour with the band and participate in promotional photo and video shoots and publicity events.

The $1.2-million lawsuit was filed in New York State Supreme Court by Vice Inc., whose chief executive officer and principal executive officer are ART OF ANARCHY guitarist Jonathan Votta and drummer Vincent Votta.

Vice claims to have paid the CREED singer $200,000 for services to be rendered, which he asked to be treated as a loan, for tax purposes.

Stapp only performed at 18 concerts with ART OF ANARCHY last year and did not appear at scheduled a video shoot last October on the deck of the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum on the Hudson River in Manhattan.

"Despite Vice's repeated and specific directions to Stapp, and Vice's entreaties for his cooperation, Stapp repeatedly and continually shirked his contractual obligations," the complaint states.

Stapp's failure to live up to his contract led to the cancelation of the group's recording contact at the end of October, the complaint alleges.

"If Stapp had dedicated himself to ART OF ANARCHY with the same fervor that he dedicated to his solo career, ART OF ANARCHY would have had a successful concert tour and its record contract would not have been terminated," the complaint states.
Just on the surface I can see where these guys are coming from. I thought that they released a really good album with some good songs on it and I wondered why Scott went right back to a solo tour instead of promoting the new album. Doesn't look good for him that's for sure

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Re: SCOTT STAPP Sued By ART OF ANARCHY

Post by chtimixeur »

We talked about it here:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2940&start=80#p195692

I don't believe for a second that Stapp has more than 1 million in cash.
Remember, he did that TV show for 200 grand, and during an interview 1 year ago or so, he said that he'd love to do another one...
The biggest surprise in that article is that the Votta brothers were naive enough to lend him 200 grand in the first place.

Overall, I can understand why Stapp would not want to put any effort into that band. This would have meant making no money for a while, touring in a van and playing in front of a couple hundred people each night.
A lot of seasoned musicians will tell you that trying to break a new band when you're past 40 and your first band was a huge success requires A LOT of motivation, and that's why very few guys do it. It's easier to move on with one's life and get a 9 to 5 job instead.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

chtimixeur wrote:We talked about it here:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2940&start=80#p195692

I don't believe for a second that Stapp has more than 1 million in cash.
Remember, he did that TV show for 200 grand, and during an interview 1 year ago or so, he said that he'd love to do another one...
The biggest surprise in that article is that the Votta brothers were naive enough to lend him 200 grand in the first place.

Overall, I can understand why Stapp would not want to put any effort into that band. This would have meant making no money for a while, touring in a van and playing in front of a couple hundred people each night.
A lot of seasoned musicians will tell you that trying to break a new band when you're past 40 and your first band was a huge success requires A LOT of motivation, and that's why very few guys do it. It's easier to move on with one's life and get a 9 to 5 job instead.
how did I miss that thread? Now I feel stupid

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

It's okay, news like this lowers all of our IQ's.