Timeline of the first break-up

A place for all Creed discussion.
chtimixeur
On The Rail

Timeline of the first break-up

Post by chtimixeur »

I have a question about Creed's first break-up.
If I remember correctly, after the infamous Chicago 2002 show, Creed played a few remaining shows and took a break for most of 2003.
They reunited at the end of that year, and realized things didn't work out anymore with Stapp.
Does anyone know in which month those last jam sessions happened ?

I'm asking, because we all know Myles joined Alter Bridge on January 1st 2004. And he wasn't their first choice.
Let's say the last jam session with Stapp happened in October or November. It would mean that as soon as they decided Creed was done, they jumped right into Alter Bridge mode, and probably used a lot of those Creed IV jams.
Since Mark wrote and sang the lyrics on all of those demos, I guess there may be a version out there where Stapp sings in Loving Memory. :eek

Dolo
Burn It Down

Re: Timeline of the first break-up

Post by Dolo »

The information that they broke up in 2004 is wrong, I suppose, people think so because Greatest Hits was released in that year. I think that Mark was producing and recording demos throughout the most of the 2003, they auditioned Donald Carpenter of Submersed as well, before Myles came on board. I don't think Creed played any shows in 2003, the Chicago show closed the tour.
Myles joined on January 5th I think, not 1st btw.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Re: Timeline of the first break-up

Post by Finaldecision »

I'm pretty sure they played at least one more show after the Chicago one.

Also they met again after that to write new songs but it didn't work out.