Creed V Wishlist

A place for all Creed discussion.
facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Creed V Wishlist

Post by facelessman07 »

Once Stapp gives up smoking for good, (you can tell by his recent performances), then I'll worry about Mark taking the time to track guitars for the new album. In the meantime, Mark is doing what makes him happy

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Well, Stapp sounds better than he has in years. So that's not really an issue.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

I still want to know what really happened to his voice back in 09... hopefully he spills the beans in his book. The sad part about it is (smoking or not) he could be singing so much better than he already is if the guys would slow down and let the guy breathe.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I always thought it was a mixture of the cigarettes and him being out of shape. Possibly sometime after TGD he blew out his voice. If you watch some videos of him playing live around that time, he struggles greatly. When singing his struggling is expressed physically with how he kicks. Whatever just watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeC2bqQFG7Q

Rampage24
Bought The CDs

Post by Rampage24 »

He said in a newer interview I saw that it was him being out of shape and not warming up before shows like he used to. I'm sure the smoking doesn't help either. But I think he pushed himself too far on the weathered tour and his solo album and now he's paying for it but thats just my opinion.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

nagpo wrote:Anybody else feel Mark isn't giving Creed enough attention? I mean, they were supposed to record last month and this month. But he seems more preoccupied with his solo CD.
+1
This solo record was supposed to be released months ago, and 2012 was also supposed to be Creed's year. I thought they were determined to put this band back on the map BIG TIME, but I guess I was wrong. :S
Juggling between 2 projects is already hard, but it's almost impossible when you add another band on top of that. IMHO, Mark and his management team really need to work on their priorities. Look at Myles : he won't release his solo project until he really has time to do it properly.

nagpo wrote:Well, Stapp sounds better than he has in years. So that's not really an issue.
Yes, he definitely sounds better, but you can still tell he's out of breath, and he's often on the verge of singing off key after a few weeks of touring.

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

I thought it was allergies

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

That was another excuse he gave.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

nagpo wrote:Anybody else feel Mark isn't giving Creed enough attention? I mean, they were supposed to record last month and this month. But he seems more preoccupied with his solo CD.
I don't think he's not giving Creed enough attention, I just think it's a side-effect of Mark taking his time with the album, and not sticking to a schedule strictly enough. I remember when Mark was trying to get the solo album out in January. He's finally close to getting the album out, and it just makes sense to promote it fully, unless you want it to become another Full Circle (which received little promotion, and was barely toured with). Atleast Mark has actually got his solo album out, unlike Myles... I can't imagine that ever coming out.

I guess at the end the day, I'm not very attached to the music from the Creed/AB/Mark/Slash camp, so I don't really mind where the music comes from, as long as new music keeps coming at a decent quality, I'd be satisfied.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

The way some people post here it's as if the only music they listen to is stuff with Mark in it, getting all impatient for new releases and shit. Go listen to something else, the albums will come out when they come out.
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

I have this weird feeling the "business" side of things are getting in the way again.

The latest update from Mark on Creed was that they were finalizing a producer.

With Stapp promoting his book in late Sept/Oct and Mark touring in late Sept/Oct. The only recording window left is November.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

I want Brett Hestla back in the band for this album. Maybe as a 3rd guitarist and backup vocalist

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Anybody else noticed the difference in the snare sound of flip? He had a different(and a better) snare sound back in 1997-2002.. I think getting back that snare sound could also make a difference.. I liked it a lot.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

AlterBlade
White Knuckled

Post by AlterBlade »

^Exactly.
I still live.... #2024
Vote: AlterBlade

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I'd like it to come out sometime withing my lifetime. Just saw a posting on AB facebook page. AB wants to release a record next year. I swear, if we get AB4 before creed, I'm going to be super pissed.

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

Me too.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

I rather not have a Creed record this year than a rushed Creed record. With the way things stand, if the guys decide to release a Creed record this year, it will most definitely be rushed. Full Circle and ABIII as we know are great examples of rushed records. I don't mind getting an AB album, as long as they give their 100% to a Creed record. I would love to see these guys create something more special than MOP or Human Clay.Weathered and One Day Remains are killer albums too. I'd be happy if the Next Creed record tops these two atleast.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Them Bones wrote:I rather not have a Creed record this year than a rushed Creed record. With the way things stand, if the guys decide to release a Creed record this year, it will most definitely be rushed. Full Circle and ABIII as we know are great examples of rushed records. I don't mind getting an AB album, as long as they give their 100% to a Creed record. I would love to see these guys create something more special than MOP or Human Clay.Weathered and One Day Remains are killer albums too. I'd be happy if the Next Creed record tops these two atleast.
The thing is, they've had plenty of time to record the album. If they weren't focusing on solo carers the album could have been made without being rushed. It seems to me that Creed is not Marks number one priority, unlike Stapp. Seeing as how his solo career has been put to a halt by his own label.

As a Creed fan #1 and an AB fan second, this situation really bothers me. Why bother reuniting if you're not going to put the same drive and passion into it. If you're not going to dedicate 100%, don't bother.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

A lot of bands reunite just to tour. Releasing a new album once every 2 years isn't some mandatory thing. Mark has been working above and beyond releasing material/touring since 2009. I think we all knew he was gonna need a breather at some point. And we're also not certain how much Windup has to do with the Creed album taking a while to get started. You can't start recording a record without a producer, and from the most recent news, Windup still hasn't cleared allowing Elvis and Kurzweg to both be producers of the album.

It's easy for Mark to release a solo album because he co-owns Fret12. But Creed's time frame doesn't just revolve around the musicians in the band. The label has a big role in this too.

And also, as a big Creed fan myself, I'm glad Full Circle came out and I'm glad I got to see the band live for the first time in 2010. But if Alter Bridge releases their next album before Creed, what does it really matter? 2002 could have been the last year anyone ever heard from Creed musically. Fans should be thankful for getting 3 tours and an album since 2009, not bitter about what Mark wants to do with his other bands.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I'm not just bitter about mark, stapp has a book and then there is Projected. But you are right, there may be other issues.