Creed V Wishlist

A place for all Creed discussion.
Cariocawlad
Bought The CDs

Re: Creed V Wishlist

Post by Cariocawlad »

I wish to hear this album soon, but I think it will take a long time for this come true. Recently Mark post on Facebook that AB will make a new album next year. They even haven't talked about Creed V anymore.

With Mark and Stapp suing Wind Up, anything related with Creed or Stapp Solo will have to wait.

Shit! All this time when Creed was in a hiatus I totally forgot how I like this band! Now they come back and lit the fire in my heart again, but we have no clue about the new album. All we know that there are new songs written: the soundchecks before the shows tell us that.

I wish that all of them (Creed, Stapp and AB) sign with Fret12!

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Scott needs to quit being a fucking pussy. "I can't party mahhhhnnn"
Every pic I see put on twitter is Mark Eric Flip and Brian, no fucking wonder an album isn't coming. Scott is never with the guys. Put your big boy pants on, say no to a drink, and go out with your bandmates for fucks sake.
I'll always follow Tremonti&co but Stapp is really getting to me with all this pussy bullshit. He needs attitude, he needs to leave the wife at home, and he needs to get out with the rest of the band while on tour.

Sorry, just saw a big van that had everyone in the pic... except stapp :yes and had to rave a little

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

^You're not the only one that thinks that. Saw an interesting message today on Twitter from Clint Lowery.

https://twitter.com/ClintElowery/status ... 7303571456
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Are you fucking kidding me? How is it a good idea for a recovering alcoholic to be surrounded by drugs and alcohol? The reason why the album isn't coming is because tremonti and co feel other projects are more important. Leave the wife at home? She's the one who keeps him from falling in a shithole of drugs again. The dude is weak and needs constant observation.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

To be clear the only part I agreed with was I thought it was odd Scott's never really around the band outside the shows (from the pics we see). I'm not going to get into a discussion on the band members' family lives because that has nothing to do with this. It does seem like Stapp doesn't have the bond that the other 4 do though.

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

I was thinking the same thing. I know he doesn't want to be around them when they are drinking and stuff. But what is wrong with hanging with them at the fair or something?

I hope there isn't any tension created because he is not with them.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

If I was Tremonti and Co, and the "boss" of my band (I think we can assume Stapp is pretty much the boss) was never hanging with me, going out to socials, getting with the band except on scheduled dates, etc... I wouldn't have much drive to bust my ass in the studio with said person, not a chance.
Just my opinion though. Scott's been to rehab how many times? It apparently isn't working, I highly doubt Mark is out getting drunk off his ass or snorting lines of blow, I'm pretty sure he'd be alright, ya know?
Also, if the dude is too weak to go to a fucking fair where they're playing and hang with the guys, then he's too big of a pussy to be in one of the biggest bands in the world, plain and simple. Needs to go back to his solo stuff that no one cares about.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I feel like I should correct my previous post. I shouldn't be so harsh, since I have no idea what it's like to be addicted to a drug. I guess if having his wife with him at all times, and it keeps him safe, it's probably the wisest decision.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I can't believe you guys are complaining about this. We don't even know what the guys do during the day. For all we know Scott goes running each morning with Mark. That's just an example (I don't think they run together :D) but I'm just saying that Scott not going out isn't a good picture of the relationship between the guys.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Yeah overall I agree with Tim, but it just seems a little odd. I mean hanging out with your band mates isn't actually a requirement to be in a band with them. I don't hang out with everyone I go to work or school with, but we still work together to get our business done.

I can see why people speculate things, but at the end of the day we all have different personalities. Some bands are made up of best friends and others aren't. Doesn't mean the band members don't get along, it just means they don't always hang out together.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

The latest Fret 12 FB update said " I wanna go back to the 90s" over a pic of The Evolution Of Rock . Wish Mark would tap a bit into his 90s style of writing music for his upcoming projects.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Creed V
:lol

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Realistically, it won't come out before a long time.
I'm not saying it's never coming out, because I know it will someday, when they're desperate for money (and it WILL happen, whether it's in 5 years or 20 years).
But frankly, my expectations are low. Those last few years have made me realize those guys were done creatively. Mark doesn't have a clue what a good sounding guitar is, he can't write a simple catchy song like he used to, and Stapp is a mess lyrically and vocally. They haven't even hit the 40 year old mark, so it's only gonna get worse (just look at all other rock bands, it happens to all of them).

We'll probably never know how Creed could have evolved in the 2000's if they had not split up. Because of egos, the fans lost the chance to hear some great music, and unfortunately, we'll never hear that level of quality again, even if the 4 members put their heart and soul into some new music. They're just done.

Wylde 1919
Bought The CDs

Post by Wylde 1919 »

By all indications One Day Remains had a preview of what Creed IV may have been. I just think they tried the reunion, and the magic wasn't there. Full Circle was a decent album, but Howard Benson's production was God awful. I honestly feel as if Creed V will never happen, because Stapp and Mark just can't make it work anymore. Time changes people when they are apart as long as they were.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

chtimixeur wrote:Realistically, it won't come out before a long time.
I'm not saying it's never coming out, because I know it will someday, when they're desperate for money (and it WILL happen, whether it's in 5 years or 20 years).
But frankly, my expectations are low. Those last few years have made me realize those guys were done creatively. Mark doesn't have a clue what a good sounding guitar is, he can't write a simple catchy song like he used to, and Stapp is a mess lyrically and vocally. They haven't even hit the 40 year old mark, so it's only gonna get worse (just look at all other rock bands, it happens to all of them).

We'll probably never know how Creed could have evolved in the 2000's if they had not split up. Because of egos, the fans lost the chance to hear some great music, and unfortunately, we'll never hear that level of quality again, even if the 4 members put their heart and soul into some new music. They're just done.
Mark doesn't have a clue what a good sounding guitar is? can't write a simple catchy song?

of course I respect your opinion but if you have listened to AB and All I was and can't find 1 catchy song then I think your expectations are way to high

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

I do tend to agree that Mark is past his prime... still good, but not what he used to be. It happens with every musician - its inevitable I guess.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Mark's guitar playing skills are always improving, but his song writing, his tone (wtf is he doing with his tone) pretty much everything but his skills are going downhill, unfortunately.
Oh well, I guess.

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

^ Such an unfortunate truth. Of his last 30 songs, maybe 3 or 4 haven't kissed radio's ass... shame.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Cthree922012 wrote:
chtimixeur wrote:Realistically, it won't come out before a long time.

Mark doesn't have a clue what a good sounding guitar is? can't write a simple catchy song?

of course I respect your opinion but if you have listened to AB and All I was and can't find 1 catchy song then I think your expectations are way to high
I think what he means is AB is more heavy and not as radio friendly. Metal type stuff is not as melodic or as catchy
psycosquirrel789 wrote:I do tend to agree that Mark is past his prime... still good, but not what he used to be. It happens with every musician - its inevitable I guess.
I agree. His solo stuff was pretty mediocre. Not in terms of guitar skill, but it just wasn't fun to listen to. It was pretty forgettable. Maybe be he is best when he is working with other people. Collaborating.
psycosquirrel789 wrote:^ Such an unfortunate truth. Of his last 30 songs, maybe 3 or 4 haven't kissed radio's ass... shame.
I don't think most of his stuff is radio friendly imo

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

but isn't that what Mark has been shooting for? He doesn't want his music to be radio friendly (at least thats what I get from him). He wants artistic and unique. Thats why I gravitate so much to him and AB, its not about the radio or the hits its about the music and what fans take from it.

and Ouch Nagpo for calling his solo record Mediocre. It was very different from AB and Creed I'll give you that and he probably is at his best Collaborating but he put a lot of heart and effort into this album and I think right there is enough to put it past Mediocre