So Creed is performing tonight, believe it or not!

A place for all Creed discussion.
timusca
Bought The CDs

So Creed is performing tonight, believe it or not!

Post by timusca »

I have it on good authority that Creed is doing a spur-of-the-moment performance tonight. A good friend of mine (Jared can vouch for me that he is friends with Flip and golfs with him) is at a celebrity event in Charleston, SC, and it just so happens that all the guys are there, Stapp included.

He just messaged me and said that Stapp and Flip have decided to perform 3 songs tonight... WAWO, Higher, and WTLF. They're still waiting on Mark and Brian to give confirmation, but it looks like Stapp and Flip at the very least will be doing it with some stand-ins if Mark and Brian aren't up for it.

My friend will be taking some video and sending it to me tonight... I will be sure to post it here as soon as I get it.
"Whoa, this has wicked dueling guitar solos! It's like squeedly versus meedley over here!" - Strong Bad

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: So Creed is performing tonight, believe it or not!

Post by facelessman07 »

WAWO??

Yuck

Interesting tho

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

This is strange. Wonder what celebrity. Hope we get some vids

timusca
Bought The CDs

Post by timusca »

So I finally heard back from my buddy. It wasn't all of Creed - just Stapp and Flip. They used a guy from Hootie and another guy from Driving and Crying to fill-in on guitar and bass.

It's a short clip, but here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1vAuQ_7Jds

Edit: I was informed that there was a lot more video. I'll post when it comes to me.
"Whoa, this has wicked dueling guitar solos! It's like squeedly versus meedley over here!" - Strong Bad

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

i wonder why the other guys didn't show up.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, Mark just finished the longest tour leg he has been on in a very long time. I think he's just wants to rest up before heading to Europe in a few weeks. As for Brian, I don't know. Maybe, he's finalizing a deal with a client or something and can't really play on this day?

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

With this being in South Carolina, Not sure how Mark or Brian can make it last minute if they live in Florida and weren't planning on being there in the first place.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Then how come Flip is there though? He lives in Florida, then again he golfs a lot, and has not done anything musically (that I know of) since the last AB show.

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

I think Flip planned to be there. He has participated in other celebrity golf events.

timusca
Bought The CDs

Post by timusca »

anguyen92 wrote:Then how come Flip is there though? He lives in Florida, then again he golfs a lot, and has not done anything musically (that I know of) since the last AB show.
He is at these golf tournaments all the time. My friend who I was talking about above plays with him in these tournaments a lot, and got me backstage passes to alter Bridge in Atlanta through Flip.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

julio wrote:With this being in South Carolina, Not sure how Mark or Brian can make it last minute if they live in Florida and weren't planning on being there in the first place.
Don't they all live in florida?

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

So the first post said all the guys were there, I'm assuming Mark and Brian weren't if they didn't play then?

Although, if they were, I couldn't blame them for not wanting to play WAWO lol

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

did you not read the other posts?

timusca
Bought The CDs

Post by timusca »

facelessman07 wrote:So the first post said all the guys were there, I'm assuming Mark and Brian weren't if they didn't play then?

Although, if they were, I couldn't blame them for not wanting to play WAWO lol
The first post specifically said all of them might not be there.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

I took the first post as "all the guys are there, Stapp included" meaning all were there, then the next "it wasn't all of Creed-just a Stapp and Flip" as indicating that it was just Stapp and Flip performing, while all the guys were there

Just got confused with some of the wording is all

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I would still like to know why the other guys didn't show officially. I tweeted mark but of course no response.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

nagpo wrote:I would still like to know why the other guys didn't show officially. I tweeted mark but of course no response.
Why would they need to justify themselves? Mark clearly isn't into it right now.
For all of the hope that it brings...

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Ubik wrote:
nagpo wrote:I would still like to know why the other guys didn't show officially. I tweeted mark but of course no response.
Why would they need to justify themselves? Mark clearly isn't into it right now.
Because this is a creed forum, dedicated to the discussion of things about creed. And whether or not he plays with the other members or not and why, is worthy of discussion.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I think it was more of a spontaneous thing. Mark and Brian just weren't around and didn't feel like coming out at such a short notice.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

timusca
Bought The CDs

Post by timusca »

^ This

My buddy said it was spur-of-the-moment, and Stapp and Flip just happened to be there. The others weren't.