'With Arms Wide Open: A Retrospective' (Nov. 20th)

A place for all Creed discussion.
Johnzilla2179
Brand New Start

Re: 'Creed Retrospective' In the Works

Post by Johnzilla2179 »

nagpo wrote:Would this be the first Creed record to be released outside of Wind-up?
Why is everyone so convinced that Creed isn't on Wind-Up anymore? Mark said they were releasing the album via their old label, why would he make a mistake like that? I think what happened is that Wind-Up was PURCHASED by Bicycle, not that they were folded into it. So that would make Wind-Up a subsidiary. Similarly to how New Line Cinema is owned by Warner Brothers but still operates as its own entity. I suppose we'll see come release date.

@cesargil, are "Grip My Soul", "Nothing" and "Breathe" actually b-sides? Or were they demos? B-sides are traditionally the songs that are included on a two-faced 45 record from back in the day. When it came to CD singles, the songs included that weren't hits were often called the same, but they're technically just extra tracks. To my knowledge Creed hasn't released a vinyl single, but they released a limited edition double album of Human Clay back in the day (proud owner of one!) and were included on the 15h anniversary Wind-Up release a few years ago. Anywho, as far as I know what's included is the extent of their b-sides and stray guest appearances (the acoustic versions present were often included as b-sides on singles as well).

julio
Isolated

Re: 'With Arms Wide Open: A Retrospective' (Nov. 20th)

Post by julio »

The press release of the deal might clear things up for folks. To me, it sounds like Bicycle and Concord (now recently merged) are in charge of Creed. Windup no longer provides label services to Creed. Wind-up still exists as its own separate entity but with a smaller number of artists.

http://www.bicyclemusic.com/media/Wind% ... 312013.pdf

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Why is "More Than This" even being released? I mean, if it's a demo, wouldn't it make more sense to actually finish it before releasing it (Provided, of course, that Creed actually gets back together someday)?

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

cheesedip1 wrote:Why is "More Than This" even being released? I mean, if it's a demo, wouldn't it make more sense to actually finish it before releasing it (Provided, of course, that Creed actually gets back together someday)?
That would make too much sense

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

https://www.facebook.com/CREEDNATION?fref=ts

Mark Tremonti wanted to wait until anniversary in 2017 to do the Creed box set so he could add in some new songs.

http://thecreednation.com/post/22082/thread

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

One person on CreedNation says that Tremonti "wished the label would wait for the anniversary in 2017 because he would of liked to add a few new songs to it. But he said they are probably more worried about a quota and want to get the box set out now"

I think this is the link to the interview but I think it's over now because it was a live interview. Dang, I was hoping to listen to the interview myself.

edgelittlerock.com/listen

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

guess they'll just have to release a new album instead

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

nagpo wrote:guess they'll just have to release a new album instead
Provided they even have enough songs for one.

With that being said, I like Tremonti's idea. I think they should wait until the 10th anniversary during 2017, and then they can release the retrospective with the 3 demos but also the new songs that Tremonti wanted to add to it.

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

I am really really really hoping that this song is one of the demos being released. The lyrics are hard to make out but I don't think I hear him say more than this or blistered, but Why could be a possible. I love this song, especially the part when Mark starts singing and the solo.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/PDptBxPOj48[/youtube]

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

http://www.amazon.com/With-Arms-Wide-Op ... B015FWTBK2

amazon seems to have pulled the pre-order option. wonder why

damn that song was awesome

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Using WAWO as a name would be a bad idea. The song is great, but its been so over played and mocked that its just not something they should hold on to. It is ironical that such a great song became so overplayed yet hated eventually because it was over fed.

They should really think this through and release something worth spending money on. Mark is right, hold it till 2017 and build good content for it.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

timusca
Bought The CDs

Post by timusca »

nagpo wrote:http://www.amazon.com/With-Arms-Wide-Op ... B015FWTBK2

Maybe Mark DID put a stop to it... who knows?
"Whoa, this has wicked dueling guitar solos! It's like squeedly versus meedley over here!" - Strong Bad

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

timusca wrote:
nagpo wrote:http://www.amazon.com/With-Arms-Wide-Op ... B015FWTBK2

Maybe Mark DID put a stop to it... who knows?
I would actually prefer this it it were the case. I'd rather have more, new and complete material. but i don't wanna jump the gun here

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ge ... obama.html

"Right at that moment, the relationships began to have a new organic-ness. We've stayed in communication since then. I know that Mark and the guys have a lot going on, as well as I do. I don't want to make the same mistake I did in Billboard and give the wrong impression, but I definitely hope that when the time is right, and when our schedules make sense together, given the commitment that we already have, I do hope that we do get back in the studio and make another record. Our 20th anniversary is coming up in 2017. But we'll see. We'll see how it works."

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

From what I've heard they haven't stayed in much contact.. meaning Mark & Scott. Don't believe the hype or build up lol Flip is the main one that has been in contact with Stapp to put together the retrospective.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

JaredWard wrote:Don't believe the hype or build up lol Flip is the main one that has been in contact with Stapp to put together the retrospective.
I wonder if Flip and Brian are perhaps more inclined to give Scott another chance and push for a Creed reunion since they aren't in the same position that Mark is in. Mark's got Alter Bridge and Tremonti. Flip and Brian kinda just have Alter Bridge really... unless I'm mistaken.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

I would assume it's like that. I feel sorry for Flip & Brian in that regard.. they don't really have much to fall back on music wise, all they have is Alter Bridge. I know Projected is putting together another album but AB is where their money is made. I'm not saying Mark is rolling in it with Tremonti either but he has more name value.

My point was that I wouldn't get your hopes up for a reunion right now. I'm hoping for 20-17 but we'll see. It'll take awhile to mend fences and build that trust back.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Indeed.
It's pretty sad they can't be a funtioning band right now, because when you look at it, Stapp's solo career is a failure, Brian and Flip barely play music, and Mark's solo band is bombing in the USA. Sure, there is still Europe, but Tremonti is no AB, and Mark is fooling himself if he's thinking he's going to reach the same amount of success over there. I don't see how he's going to break even financially with that project.

I've said it since 2012, but for me, Mark is wasting his best years for a project that 0 chance of ever getting big. He's no frontman, he's not suited for that job (sorry, I'm just telling it like it is), and the songwriting is way too close to Alter Bridge's. This band lacks its own sound and identity, and I'm not surprised Wolfie has pretty much bailed out of the project to focus on his own solo career.

I would love it if Brian and Flip played a few gigs with Stapp, but I guess that can't happen and Mark would feel betrayed.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I guess he values integrity over success.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I understand what you're saying, but integrity doesn't pay the bills.
Plus, why would you say Tremonti is a project that has more integrity than Creed ? I find the music way more commercial sounding and predictable in Tremonti, as far as I'm concerned (I'm not hating Cauterize by the way, I though it was actually decent, but I expect more from Mark musically).
Also, ask Brian, Stapp and Flip if they want to give Creed another chance... Mark is the only one who's always finding an excuse to not do it.