'With Arms Wide Open: A Retrospective' (Nov. 20th)

A place for all Creed discussion.
Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Re: 'With Arms Wide Open: A Retrospective' (Nov. 20th)

Post by Shortman45 »

I found Blistered online
[youtube]http://youtu.be/KPL_39a3Vc4[/youtube]

Sounds really good. Definitely a MOP vibe.

I couldn't see the album in the Australian iTunes.

Does someone have the links for More Than This or Why?

phatnonphatness
Loyal Follower

Post by phatnonphatness »

I've only listened to the preview of More Than This, and it does sound like it's missing vocals. But I really really like the instrumentation that follows, so hope no vocals get added.

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

Blistered sound good to me. Another proof that Creed's sound wasn't per se commercial.
I find the drums very good on that one.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

When was Blistered recorded?

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

I just bought all three demos off of amazon... My thoughts as I listen -

Blistered first... wow surprised how good it is! Had to go back and listen to that distortion part again, at 2 min in, because it rocked and it sounded familiar... and I realized it's very similar to the live version of Whats This Life For, especially just after the "settle no goddamn score" part... it's like the same chords there. That's probably why this song was scrapped.

Why... why o why... not as good as Blistered. Cool song I guess, not much to say about it. Sounds like a B side.

More than this - yeah I remember hearing Stapp needed to finish the vocals on this song... and a lot of it is missing. I like it. I don't think it's a song that should be a single though. Maybe they could re-record it for their next CD, but I would just let it be what it is on here. Good song, but not a great song.

It's cool that the band released these songs for us to hear. I want more!

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Vaux wrote:Blistered first... wow surprised how good it is! Had to go back and listen to that distortion part again, at 2 min in, because it rocked and it sounded familiar... and I realized it's very similar to the live version of Whats This Life For, especially just after the "settle no goddamn score" part... it's like the same chords there. That's probably why this song was scrapped.
That's exactly what I thought. The chord progression resembles WTLF pretty much. Maybe they dropped the song alsbo because of the solo, since Stapp wasn't tthe biggest fan of them.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

Man, Blistered friggin rocks... it's feels like a brand new old pair of shoes that I put on and it brought me back.... back to when the old Creed was new Creed. Back to Tremonti's ACTUAL clean channel, and the distortion kicking on mid song and making me kind of headbang. That crash of flips cymbal and that chord coming in... that's all old Creed, and there hasn't been anything like it in AB or Tremonti since.

Blistered is the gem of this group... but I am really having fun making up my own chorus and singing it on More Than This.... I got a couple good ones so far.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Dolo wrote:
Vaux wrote:Blistered first... wow surprised how good it is! Had to go back and listen to that distortion part again, at 2 min in, because it rocked and it sounded familiar... and I realized it's very similar to the live version of Whats This Life For, especially just after the "settle no goddamn score" part... it's like the same chords there. That's probably why this song was scrapped.
That's exactly what I thought. The chord progression resembles WTLF pretty much. Maybe they dropped the song alsbo because of the solo, since Stapp wasn't tthe biggest fan of them.
Still Blistered is a much better song than WTLF. WTLF was always pretty blah to me.

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/6neRqgENm4Y[/youtube]

Had to post this in honor of Blistered. It''s making me think of this old version of WTLF. Same tone, sounds similar and I can see Mark playing it the same way.

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

More Than This lyrics - what's he sing after "whenever truth is not enough" - I can't make it out

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

As much as I enjoy hearing Mark's clean tone again, the band was right to remove this song from My Own Prison. It's just not as good as the rest of the album.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

These are the words from what I can tell
They * indicates where I can't really tell what the hell he's saying. Although some of the other lyrics are iffy as well

More Than This

One more time and I will go
It seems that we always assume it's right
I choose to wait and find

Whenever truth is not enough
We're taking time break free oh lord**??
I guess we're too far gone

*Say it's right to finally start
Change all the lines that held us down
We'll try to gain new ground

*When living in peace is not enough, no
We'll cut the ties that made us stone
I guess we're too far gone

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Dolo wrote:

what? Not sure where you get your facts from. Well, thats always been the problem with Creed/Stapp hate.

FACT: Stapp wanted Tremonti to solo. Numerous times Stapp had mentioned in interviews how he wanted Tremonti to solo more so he could take a break from singing.

FACT: Tremonti was not a huge fan of guitar solos. in 1999 He said something along the lines: " I think solos are too flashy for me, am a simple guy".

Media created fiction: Tremonti was not allowed to play the guitar like he wanted to in Creed.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

i think them bones is right

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

I don't know dude, I heard what I heard, never checked the sources.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

tgriffith1992
Brand New Start

Post by tgriffith1992 »

Has anyone actually found a physical copy in a US Wal-Mart yet? I went to two different stores and have had no such luck.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I wonder how this will sell during black friday

CreedFeed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CreedFeed »

tgriffith1992 wrote:Has anyone actually found a physical copy in a US Wal-Mart yet? I went to two different stores and have had no such luck.
Looking on Walmart's web site, it says the seller of the item is "Walmart.com" and when you click on "pick up in store" it says available December 4th (at least within 50 miles of me).

Also note- I just placed an order for it today on Walmart.com to have it shipped to me. When I placed it, the web site said "Hurry only 19 left in stock"
-Steve
CreedFeed - Feeding Your Need For Creed!
QuakeOne - Quake 1 Resurrection!

tgriffith1992
Brand New Start

Post by tgriffith1992 »

CreedFeed wrote:
tgriffith1992 wrote:Has anyone actually found a physical copy in a US Wal-Mart yet? I went to two different stores and have had no such luck.
Looking on Walmart's web site, it says the seller of the item is "Walmart.com" and when you click on "pick up in store" it says available December 4th (at least within 50 miles of me).

Also note- I just placed an order for it today on Walmart.com to have it shipped to me. When I placed it, the web site said "Hurry only 19 left in stock"
Welp, they're gone apparently. This is frustrating. Don't say something is released on the 20th and then not actually get them to the stores.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

CreedFeed wrote:

same here...all of the closest stores to me, within 50 miles, say available december 7/8 for in-store pickup.

what a shitty fucking release. not the songs or anything, but the fact they release it on disc as a walmart exclusive, so it's only available at walmarts, and it's not even available at ANY stores on release day. wow. what a major fail.
Photobucket cash grab.