Difference in Perception?

A place for all Creed discussion.
Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Difference in Perception?

Post by Them Bones »

Its funny how "shit" like this becomes something to "brag" about, and wear like a medal, yet Stapp gets termed all sorts of things for genuine issues. Not taking sides or trying to defend anyone, it just boggles my mind how one guy's mess becomes cool, while the other gets hate for it. Am sure had Stapp been this way in the ozzfest, the headlines would have been completely different.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/wtf ... where.html
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Difference in Perception?

Post by BSC »

Whilst you may have a point, I think it boils down to the fact that people (especially metal fans) generally dislike Scott Stapp and his musical contributions, whereas people generally like Brent Hinds and his musical contributions.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Brent doesn't have children and a wife. He also is in a band which is okay with what he does. This behavior won't split up Mastodon. I can kinda imagine the rest standing there and encouraging him to continue, lol.

The thing about Scott Stapp is that he's always trying to come across (not saying he isn't) really Christian and when he gets drunk or messes things up he just shits all over that perception of himself. I'm not saying Christians can't get drunk, but there's a point where it becomes hypocritical, especially when there are sex tapes and shit like that included. Brent's behavior doesn't make Mastodon's credibility less believable in any way.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Yeah, there are always justifications right?
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I see where you are coming from, and I do think you have a point, but I don't think they're comparable. That's not me trying to justify anything. That's me being objective about it.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.