BMG pursuing legal actin for copyright infringment? Help!!

A place for all Creed discussion.
nagpo
On The Rail

Re: BMG pursuing legal actin for copyright infringment? Help

Post by nagpo »

ISP's don't usually care about this, but they do have to pretend they care to satiate the record labels. Seems, Austin., you just got caught and are one of the unlucky few. I'm not sure what you should do, but these aren't legal documents are they? Seems they're just strongarming you.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Yaaaarr!!

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

I'm not sure if it necessarily had anything to do with it but if you do some digging you can find out that utorrent is partially backed by the MPAA and other organizations. A story recently came out on torrent freak as a matter of fact stating that utorrent was silently installing bit coin mining software on to users PCs. This led me to switch to a different client.

I've been around since the Napster days and I always remember it being said that it was illegal to download unless you physically owned the music that you are downloading. Unfortunately I don't know if there's any way for you to be able to prove that you actually own creeds library.

I myself am kind of in a gray area, I'm on bright house which technically is a former part of Time Warner. I've never gotten notices but then again I don't do much downloading and all anymore. It sounds like you might just be one of the unlucky ones however I do have to agree with you and say that $20 per song is ridiculous. I don't know if it has to do mostly with greed or they figured that if they charge you such a large amount per song that it would discourage you from ever doing it again. If it were me I would simply just require that the offender pay full price for the album that contains the works that they have downloaded regardless of if they downloaded the whole thing or not, in my eyes that would be a much more fair approach

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Duuuuuude what's up? We need a life update post!

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

How's everyone?

No warrants yet for piracy :rockon

Baby is due May 22. So it's getting close. Gonna get married May 2nd. Just got my own place, she's moving in once we are married. Gonna be cutting it close, and I'm not happy about living alone until then, but what can happen do.

I landed a pretty sweet job. Factory job, still in the steep learning curve, but I enjoy it. 12 hour shifts, so I always get 8 hours of overtime on one check, and have good insurance. I really enjoyed building cabinets in Florida with my grandpa, but between the board and myself, the money just wasn't there. 10 an hour cash, untaxed, but often was only getting paid for 30 hours a week. Granted, that's what we worked, and I enjoyed the hell out of it, I can't work and raise a family for McDonald's money. I don't want her to have to work, and with the job I have now, I can financially support us. I love my grandpa, and feel the money would be great in 5, 10 years, but I have to live for now. These first few years of being married/new baby, are crucial.

I don't love Tennessee. I'd rather be in Florida. Say what you will, but at the end of the day, it's all about the money. If I cannot support my family, or even myself for that matter, then I'm selling myself short.

Super bummed I can't do Carolina Rebellion or Tremonti in Nashville. The timing and money just isn't good right now, I haven't had stable income in a while, so I'm behind on baby stuff, bills, etc. Still playing catch up.
Never realized how much it took just to survive. Some days I don't have much food, some days I have to use napkins for toilet paper. I have a crappy car, and all used or hand me down possessions. I envy people with money. I hope to have a lot of money to have nice things one day. But, it all comes with time, and I understand that.

I don't drive fast anymore, I don't smoke weed anymore, I haven't hung out with a bad egg in a long long time. I really am growing up. Previously, I was a sleep till noon kind of guy. Now, I wake up at 4:15am, and drive an hour one way to work, work from 6:30am-6:30pm, half the week, and am not whining and complaining about it like I used to would have. Used to, my work money would go to fines. Now, I'm out of the system, but all my money goes to bills. It's always in the back of my head that I've never, ever, went "shopping" or out to buy stuff, etc, but it is what it is. I grew up less than middle class, and through the years have learned and seen and can now understand that I was always given the best my family could offer me. I appreciate my family.

My biggest life regret Id say, wasn't the jail, or the fines, or the drugs, but my sitting alone in my room for so many years. My dad hasn't worked in a few years, I've been bitter that it's been up to my mom to support us, but looking back, speaking two words to my dad and mom on a regular frequent basis, makes me cry. I tried to grow up too fast. Granted, I'm almost 21, I still wasted a lot of time that I wish I had back. Not one single Call of Duty match, or hours of Zelda and Mario, was worth losing out on precious minutes with my parents. Wish I could take all that back and just sit on the couch with them for hours and talk and watch tv, but hey it is what it is. They're still relatively young, and have a lot to offer my soon to be wife and their grandson. They're only 40 and 37, so, still some youth left.

Anyways, sorry for the short novel. If you read, thanks :)

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Sounds like you're heading in the right direction, Austin. Keep working hard for your family, and good things will come in the future. Proud of your recent efforts.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Now that you're older and more mature your relationship with your parents can still flourish. You can connect to them on a deeper level now. It's not too late.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Good luck, Austin. You're doing great!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.