solos don't belong on Creed's music
No votes

Total votes: 16

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Solos on Creed albums ?

Post by chtimixeur »

What do you guys think of Creed solos ?
Did you enjoy the ones that were played on Full Circle ?
Do you think they've now become a nice addition to the songs due to Mark's improved skills, or do you wish most Creed songs didn't have a solo on an hypothetical fifth album ?

As far as I'm concerned, I can live without any shredding on Creed's future music. I didn't mind the few solos that were played here and there on the first 3 albums, because they actually fit with the music and didn't sound forced at all.
I've always seen Creed as a "riff band", and I'm not sure solos improve their songs that much.

Mark's solos have become extremely predictable over the years, and if he really wants to include a couple of ones on future songs, I'd rather he focused on 2 or 3 solos and made them great.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Re: Solos on Creed albums ?

Post by Mr. Slash »

The solo of "Overcome" is awesome. But I don't think that there will be a fifth Creed album. But Full Cirlce never was a "real" Creed album imo.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

What are these "future Creed songs" you speak of?
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Scott is definitely going to have to get his act together and get healthy before Creed ever puts out another album. It remains to be seen whether that will happen or not.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Andy92 wrote:What are these "future Creed songs" you speak of?
this. creed 5 will never happen. we'll be lucky if we get thrown a b-side.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

I don't see Creed ever releasing another album. On the infinitesimally small chance that they do, it won't be for many years.

To answer the OP, of course I encourage guitar solos wherever and whenever possible.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

If there ever are more Creed songs, I'd want "solos" to be on few. Mark's guitar playing on Creed songs anyways wasn't ordinary. His arpeggios and riffs were more than enough. They should go back to the one guitar/bass sound. Solos are overrated. I love them, but on every song? Nope.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Them Bones wrote:They should go back to the one guitar/bass sound. Solos are overrated. I love them, but on every song? Nope.
Completely agree with that.

By the way, guys, I created this poll just to talk about Creed's music once again. That's what we came here for in the first place, isn't it ?
I know there is a very small chance we'll hear a fifth album, but who knows what's going to happen in 15 or 20 years ?
As long as Stapp and Mark are both alive, it may happen.

Seeker_1306
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Seeker_1306 »

At this point, I don't see Creed 5 ever seeing the light of day.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

chtimixeur wrote:What do you guys think of Creed solos ?
Did you enjoy the ones that were played on Full Circle ?
Do you think they've now become a nice addition to the songs due to Mark's improved skills, or do you wish most Creed songs didn't have a solo on an hypothetical fifth album ?

As far as I'm concerned, I can live without any shredding on Creed's future music. I didn't mind the few solos that were played here and there on the first 3 albums, because they actually fit with the music and didn't sound forced at all.
I've always seen Creed as a "riff band", and I'm not sure solos improve their songs that much.

Mark's solos have become extremely predictable over the years, and if he really wants to include a couple of ones on future songs, I'd rather he focused on 2 or 3 solos and made them great.
wut u realize the singer is like Gary Busey crazy right

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Screw Creed V.. I want an unreleased B-Side album & the Ron Ranew documentary that's long overdue.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

JaredWard wrote:Screw Creed V.. I want an unreleased B-Side album & the Ron Ranew documentary that's long overdue.
:yeahthat

Creed's strength lies in its past.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Didn't they write a few songs in 2012? I recall a quick 5 second teaser riff that sounded awesome. Then I think they got into it over a producer or something.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

I think they had like 5 songs, I know there was mention of having enough for an ep at one point in time but it's gotten so confusing over the years.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I wasn't impressed by the video teasers from 2011. Mark wasn't even trying to remotely sound like Creed.
I'd like to hear the "More Than This" tune he wrote in July 2010 though, since he said it sounded like My Sacrifice.