Scott Stapp Public Statement (Updated: On Nightline Tonight)

A place for all Creed discussion.
Electricladyland
TABN.com Citizen

Scott Stapp Public Statement (Updated: On Nightline Tonight)

Post by Electricladyland »

I hardly post in ABN anymore, but just coming off a long commute from work back to my home, I logged on to my computer and onto Facebook to see this:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10 ... =2&theater

I can't find the video on youtube to embed.

He's living in a Holiday Inn, and he has no money. He claims there are people who are stealing money from him, and attacking him.

I haven't followed him in years, and I haven't had the chance to give his new album a listen, but it's crazy how someone you thought was doing well was far from it.

I guess we'll have to see this story follow up in the next few days or so. I hope his kids are ok!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: (3/27/15) Scott just completed a stint in rehab & according to Mark is doing well.

http://loudwire.com/exclusive-creed-sco ... -in-rehab/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: (5/13/15) Scott explains his breakdown. He'll be on Nightline tonight at 12:35am (EST)

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/cre ... d=30996539

Ashlee
Site Admin

Re: Scott Stapp Public Statement

Post by Ashlee »

I don't even know what to say at this point.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Why the fuck the record company stopped paying him the money the deserves? Don't even mentioning freezing his bank accounts.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

So did someone actually stole his money, or do you all think he is just insane? Dunno what to think about this.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I really have no idea what to think of this. I guess we'll see what happens.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Stapp is either legit crazy, or he's that "one person" that the world shits on. I highly doubt he's the one guy the world wants to get...
He's talking in code, didn't mention the wife, and it sounds like, he's saying she took all his money, or somehow the record company stole.
Was any of that cryptic video referencing Creed? I just skimmed the video

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

Whatever is going on, I just hope Scott pulls through this in one piece. Regardless of whether Scott is being factually accurate or not, he's clearly in a bad place.

Seeker_1306
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Seeker_1306 »

I am deeply concerned about Scott. I've watched the video and now his street team has posted this:
Hi! We took down the link to the video because we do not want Street Team to be affiliated with spreading it around. We love Scott with all our hearts, and need him to return to treatment to continue getting the help he needs. We do not support any fundraising efforts, either, so please do not post any of those links here. They will be deleted.
Based on that statement, it sounds like Scott is in denial of what's going on. Who knows what to believe...

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

No need to assume, we dont know the true situation. Just wait to see what happens. Pray for the guy, hope he pulls through what ever is going on. Im not a big fan of him, but he's struggling right now, so the best thing to do is to just hope for the best. If he truly relapsed, that really sucks, on top of this situation.
Thanks Timo!

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

He sounded like he was sober in the video.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

On one end I want to believe him & then on the other I've heard he's being treated for mental illness by multiple people. I'm still on the fence but he did seem sober (even though he looks like he hasn't had sleep) & if he was in rehab he wouldn't be able to use his phone. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

He needs serious help one way or the other.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

He wouldn't be living in a motel and trying to talk to his kids via this video if he wasn't separated from his family. Seems pretty obvious to me that his wife had all the money moved to a separate account to keep him from wasting it on drugs and alcohol. I won't try to make up rumors on the guy, but it's obvious his mind is in a terrible state right now and he's fishing for people to send him money. Who looks for a lawyer through a video like this? Crazy.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

Let's compile the facts in a chronological order:

- In October Stapp's tour was cancelled due to "his health".

- Some days later Stapp he (or someone else in the name of him?) posted this on the internet:

"Friends,

I wanted to let you know that I postponed the Nov leg of the Proof of Live Tour because I began to cut some corners in my recovery. There are some health priorities that I need to address so I can be the best Husband and Father I can be. Everyday, someone dies because they cut a couple corners with their sobriety. I love you all very much and I'll keep you updated on the new dates, new music, and 2015.

Thank you
Scott"

- In November there were news on the internet, claiming that his wife wanted to get divorced. A few days later there were some news that he was taking drugs and pills again (like he did many years ago) and that his wife tried to force a psychological/mental assessment of her husband.

Nevertheless the Scott Stapp Street Team denied these allegations, saying that Stapp fell from his recovery from alcoholism but did not take any drugs whatsoever. Also they denied that his wife tried to get divorced.

- A few days later the same internet sources wrote that Scott was supposedly sending odd text-messages to his wife and children, claiming Flordia was not a safe place anymore.

Still to my knowledge the Scott Stapp Street Team denied that this was true.

- Today Scott went public with a blurry 15-minute video, saying that he didn't fall back from recovery, but his bank-account was frozen by some unknown reasons and that now he lived in some kind of a holiday flat. He also suggests that some vicious things were going on against him, with some people of the record company being part of that. He didn't mention his wife, but he talked about his children and he emphasized the immovability of his faith in spite of all these circumstances.

He seemed sober to me in that video and not as if he was mentally insane. Though this could be misleading. Also I'm wondering why then in October there was this message supposedly from Stapp, saying that he crossed borders with his recovery.

The Scott Stapp Street Team refuses to spread the video or any ambitions to raise funds for Scott. Still they say that they wanted to support him, but that it has to be done by getting him psychological help.

----
EDIT: Feel free to add to this or change things if they're not correct.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

If Scott is just delusional and what's he's saying is false, why doesn't his wife or someone from the label delete the video that was posted on his Facebook page and on the Creed Facebook page?

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

Maybe he changed the passwords while he had the chance?

Maybe he is sober. But his claims are very outlandish, and his train of thought is not that of a stable person.

Seeker_1306
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Seeker_1306 »

That's one weird thing to me is that the Creed facebook page (which is no doubt controlled by Wind-Up in some way) posted the video.

The first 3 or 4 minutes of the video were very encouraging and I thought he sounded good and seemed to be coming from a good place. Then he starts talking about the IRS, his bank not giving him $5 to get some food, etc. and I began to worry that he is dealing with some sort of bipolar disorder. One thing that doesn't add up is that he says he's completely sober but when his tour got cancelled he posted that he had cut corners in his sobriety.

The way it looks to me is that the people around him think he needs help and Scott is running from them. I feel so terrible for Jagger. Can you imagine being a kid his age and seeing stuff like this posted online? Whatever the case, it's scary to think how all of this may end up.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Damn, would suck to spend Thanksgiving alone in a Holiday Inn

Either way, things aren't adding up. From either side

Berated_girl
Brand New Start

Post by Berated_girl »

Sadly when I watch this video I see someone who is not mentally stable and desperately needs help. When I watch the video and close my eyes it's like hearing an old friend speak who I know never got the help that they needed and now may never recover from their problems.

I really hope that he has some support in his life and someone who can help him get his life back on track.

Of course I may be completely wrong and there may actually be people out there trying to get him!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I'm also wondering how he can afford to stay at a Holiday Inn if he's completely broke...
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

I don't really know what's going on here, but he didn't seem to be high or completely unaware of things that are going on when he knew what has been going on at Ferguson.