Scott Stapp Public Statement (Updated: On Nightline Tonight)

A place for all Creed discussion.
chtimixeur
On The Rail

Re: Scott Stapp Public Statement

Post by chtimixeur »

Remember when he was saying that everytime he was taking drugs/booze, he was on the 6 o clock news the next day ?
It's like history is repeating itself, only it's worse this time.

What I don't understand is how he lost his house last year. He must have had a lot of money at one point, and it's hard to believe he was still paying a mortgage on a 4 million dollar house after so many years.

When you have 15 or 20 million dollars, how can you lose it all ? I remember him saying all his Creed money was gone in a late 2013 during an interview (the interviewer couldn't tell if he was joking or not).
I'm sure his financial problems (bankruptcy ?) played a major role in his latest relapse. It must be hard to be back on square one when you lived the high life for 15+ years. Plus, with Creed being on hiatus and his solo career being a flop, it's not like he'll have an opportunity to be a millionnaire ever again.

I hope he manages to come out alive and stronger out of his mess. Can you guys imagine how powerful his lyrics would be on an hypothetical next album ?

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

James Keller, the lead singer of a band called Descendsion, posted this on his Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/james.keller.3 ... nref=story

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

I find it funny people on Facebook are coming out claiming they know him personally.. the diehards especially. I'm not saying for a fact he doesn't know Scott or has talked to him but playing a few shows on his solo tour doesn't make him your best friend.

Also, I've been holding this back but I know for a fact that the backpack with the hard drives, tools, etc. he was carrying with him on the bike is legit. It's a pretty funny story back during the Full Circle sessions. Mark had recorded all of the ideas & demos on his Macbook and for some reason it had crashed. He wanted to find an Apple store nearby but Stapp stops him, pulls out his backpack full of tools & says "I can fix it!"... he immediately starts taking Mark's computer apart and changes something around. After several minutes he finally puts it back together, hits the power button.. and nothing :lol he hands it back to Mark & says..." uh... yeah, it's broken." haha true story.

From all that I've heard through the grapevine.. his brain has been fried for quite some time. That's just one story that I thought was pretty funny.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

Sorry Jared, but I find it slightly contradictory that you can question people's assertions as to whether they know Scott personally, and then in the same post, tell some story about Scott without mentioning a source apart from 'the grapevine' and then say 'haha true story'. I'm sure you've got more links to the band than any of us here, but surely you can see where I'm coming from? You can't question the validity of someone's claim and then tell us some story without a source.

Plus you know just how much people love to speculate on this forum, I'd expect better from you, as a mod, than to fuel the fire.

~Fallen Angel~
TABN.com Citizen

Post by ~Fallen Angel~ »

He just needs to go on dancing with the stars. Then everything will be fine and dandy again.

:lol
I just wanted to add, that those tapes kind of do not sound like him but i guess it is.

I still just think it has all to do with the divorce. She said the word and he lost it.

Then once custody issues came about, he lost it even more. :shrug

I really hope some good comes out of all this and he gets well soon.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

BSC wrote:Sorry Jared, but I find it slightly contradictory that you can question people's assertions as to whether they know Scott personally, and then in the same post, tell some story about Scott without mentioning a source apart from 'the grapevine' and then say 'haha true story'. I'm sure you've got more links to the band than any of us here, but surely you can see where I'm coming from? You can't question the validity of someone's claim and then tell us some story without a source.

Plus you know just how much people love to speculate on this forum, I'd expect better from you, as a mod, than to fuel the fire.
from what i know, i feel like jared has a much better relationship with stapp that any of the fb posters... just an fyi

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

To the ones living in the States: https://twitter.com/KOMPRadio

This radio station will have an interview with Stapp today concerning the current events.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Finaldecision wrote:To the ones living in the States: https://twitter.com/KOMPRadio

This radio station will have an interview with Stapp today concerning the current events.
It's fake.

http://www.komp.com/podcast/b-s-in-the-morning-podcast/

Micky
On The Rail

Re: Secret Agent Doube S-7 in: CRACKPIPE

Post by Micky »

I think someone should write a book about all this. It would be a bestseller
Thanks Andy!

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

creed009 wrote:
Finaldecision wrote:To the ones living in the States: https://twitter.com/KOMPRadio

It's fake.

http://www.komp.com/podcast/b-s-in-the-morning-podcast/
My fault :X

I found another interesting link on Creednation: http://www.alternativenation.net/scott-stapp-innocent/ Just in order to make the discussion a little more balanced.
The author is actually defending Scott, stating that he doesn't believe Scott is insane. Whereas from a rational perspective it doesn't seem too plausible, it's still worth a read. The author thinks the phone call to the school was fake and someone else tried to imitate Scott. He also thinks that the 911 calls were a result of his brokenness, physical state and panic (not mental illness).

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

That wasn't worth a read at all. I'm ashamed that I gave the time of day to the numpty who wrote it.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

AB23 wrote:
BSC wrote:Sorry Jared, but I find it slightly contradictory that you can question people's assertions as to whether they know Scott personally, and then in the same post, tell some story about Scott without mentioning a source apart from 'the grapevine' and then say 'haha true story'. I'm sure you've got more links to the band than any of us here, but surely you can see where I'm coming from? You can't question the validity of someone's claim and then tell us some story without a source.

from what i know, i feel like jared has a much better relationship with stapp that any of the fb posters... just an fyi
Yes I agree with you, and I think that was at least implied in my post, but I still think it's slightly contradictory for somebody to question the validity of another's claim, and then post a story without mentioning a source apart from 'the grapevine' and then state 'haha it's true' regardless of their relationship or proximity with the situation.

I'm not personally attacking Jared in any way, I just don't think that was a very well thought out post.

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

Why everytime Scott defend himself his facebook posts got deleted?

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

number1 wrote:Why everytime Scott defend himself his facebook posts got deleted?
It's probably Wind-up or his manager doing damage control.

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

abw1987 wrote:
number1 wrote:Why everytime Scott defend himself his facebook posts got deleted?
Wouldn't that give Scott at least a little credibility to his claim? It makes Wind-Up look like they want to shut Scott up especially Scott allegation against them. If Wind-Up want to do damage control they would have sue Scott for defamation by now.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

number1 wrote:
abw1987 wrote:
Wouldn't that give Scott at least a little credibility to his claim? It makes Wind-Up look like they want to shut Scott up especially Scott allegation against them. If Wind-Up want to do damage control they would have sue Scott for defamation by now.
scott has no credibility to anything anymore. he thinks that the core of ISIS is in his family and threatened to kill the president.

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

JaredWard wrote:I find it funny people on Facebook are coming out claiming they know him personally.. the diehards especially. I'm not saying for a fact he doesn't know Scott or has talked to him but playing a few shows on his solo tour doesn't make him your best friend.

Also, I've been holding this back but I know for a fact that the backpack with the hard drives, tools, etc. he was carrying with him on the bike is legit. It's a pretty funny story back during the Full Circle sessions. Mark had recorded all of the ideas & demos on his Macbook and for some reason it had crashed. He wanted to find an Apple store nearby but Stapp stops him, pulls out his backpack full of tools & says "I can fix it!"... he immediately starts taking Mark's computer apart and changes something around. After several minutes he finally puts it back together, hits the power button.. and nothing :lol he hands it back to Mark & says..." uh... yeah, it's broken." haha true story.

From all that I've heard through the grapevine.. his brain has been fried for quite some time. That's just one story that I thought was pretty funny.

:lol

For the record, I had also heard this story a couple years back exactly as you tell it. And it made me chuckle all over again. hahaha

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

A tiny bit offtopic, but at the same time I remember Myles' unterview when he was telling the stories of living in the same house he grew up and he went like "what if I lose profit one day and can not afford a bigger house?"

Just a slight comparison.
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

number1 wrote:
abw1987 wrote:
I suppose you could make that argument, but I'm sure they're just trying to prevent Scott from further harming his reputation, which could negatively impact any future record sales. What surprises me is that they haven't just removed him as an administrator of those Facebook pages. Maybe they're contractually obligated to let him run the pages.

GazEd wrote:A tiny bit offtopic, but at the same time I remember Myles' unterview when he was telling the stories of living in the same house he grew up and he went like "what if I lose profit one day and can not afford a bigger house?"

Just a slight comparison.
Yes, quite a comparison indeed. Many celebrities completely fail when it comes to managing their money. They think that they'll continue to earn as much money as they did at the peak of their career for the rest of their lives. If everyone was as wise as Myles, and basically maintained the same lifestyle despite experiencing financial success, then we wouldn't hear about so many celebrities going broke.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I remember Myles talking about some people he knew that wished they had not bought a giant house.
Myles is definitely a wise man, because once you start earning some big dollars, the temptation to elevate your lifestyle is quite big (especially if you have an entitled wife).