Scott Stapp Public Statement (Updated: On Nightline Tonight)

A place for all Creed discussion.
JaredWard
Blood Machines

Re: Scott Stapp Public Statement (Updated: On Nightline Toni

Post by JaredWard »

Myles will choose Slash over AB? lol that's a ridiculous statement. He loves both, that's why he's busted his butt for the past several years. To be honest I think it's going to come down to a Guns reunion which will give Myles some time to focus on his solo stuff.. fingers crossed anyway. Who knows what will happen with Creed.. but Scott seems to be in a better place. His condition makes sense from all that went down + the stuff I've heard behind the scenes adds up with his story too. I'm just hoping for a boxset or rarities type of album at this point.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Making public statements like this and kinda putting Mark "on the spot" definitely aren't going to help.

I could see them releasing an EP or a few extra songs for the box set and maybe do a short tour in promotion, but I don't think Creed is ever going to that kind of band again.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

@Jared : Slash played 450 gigs from 2010 to 2015.
AB played something like 200 or 220 gigs.
Myles almost never plays AB gigs when he's on a Slash year.
But he still plays a lot of Slash gigs when he's on an AB year (even when he's recording with them in the studio !).

Plus, Mark said recently that a late Fortress tour didn't happen because of schedule conflicts between AB and Slash.
I'm not saying Myles doesn't care about AB anymore, because we all know he does. All I'm saying is that Slash is definitely the top priority, and AB has become the side project over the last couple of years.
Last edited by chtimixeur on Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

This is unfortunately what seems to be true^
Thanks Timo!

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... ed-reunion

Scott, will you be returning to music?

Scott: This journey I’ve been on over the last year has inspired a lot of writing. I’m going on tour next year, and we’re starting a campaign to raise awareness for mental-health issues based upon a song I wrote. And Creed has a retrospective coming out in November. It’s three CDs, with hits, favorite album picks, acoustic versions of all the hits, live performances, unreleased demos.

Creed has been inactive since 2012. Have there been discussions about getting the band back together?

Scott: Definitely. I ran into Mark [Tremonti, guitarist] at the Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando a couple months back, and we spent hours hanging by the pool, talking. We all are busy working on our other passions, but there’s definitely going to be some Creed in the future, starting with this retrospective. So when the time’s right in the next year-and-a-half, I’m expecting some new Creed music.

So the rest of the band is onboard?

Scott: There’s nothing set in stone, but it’s definitely on the radar. We’re just trying to let it be as organic as possible. But we’re all communicating. And that’s where it starts.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

That's the most positive outlook that Scott can have on the situation. To keep it all organic, from the statement at least it sounds like he's not forcing things one bit, if he continues to look at it this way then that's going to be a very good sign. If Creed is ever going to happen again and if it is going to mean anything it needs to happen 100% organically and everybody needs to have everything on the table so that nobody feels ambushed or surprised when certain things come up like what happened last time when Scott apparently yelled at Mark at some point which led to them not talking for the rest of the South American tour.

The one thing that concerns me only as a fan and for Scott's personal health is that if anybody saw Scott's appearance on Dr. Oz which can be seen online, he and his wife stress how important routine is to keeping Scott on the right track so that he knows what to expect each day and is not surprised by anything. Those are words out of Scott's own mouth. My concern is that if he goes on tour nothing is necessarily routine as opposed to day to day events. My only concern is whether or not touring is necessarily the best thing for him, the last thing any of us want to see is Scott veering off the right track again.

Putting the music 100% aside and just talking about him as a person I would hate to see something bad happened to him because while everything was going down last year I like many others I'm sure could not believe what I was reading and seeing and I honestly thought he was going to die. For the sake of his family his children and everyone else that loves him I really don't want to see him put himself in any situation that could possibly jeopardize his sobriety or mental stability.