Scott Stapp Public Statement (Updated: On Nightline Tonight)

A place for all Creed discussion.
Seeker_1306
TABN.com Citizen

Re: Scott Stapp Public Statement (Updated: On Nightline Toni

Post by Seeker_1306 »

I'm not wild about him being on this show either. The only rationale I can think of he's using is that this is an opportunity for him to show "he's changed" to a large audience of people in an attempt to restore his image.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Do you really think broadcasting your problems for the entire nation to see is a good way to handle with your issues? This is something that should be solved in private. It's only been weeks since his breakdown. The fact that he's talking to the press is already a huge step. By doing this he's only making things worse for his family.

But yea, if that risk is worth $200,000 to him, his loss.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Restoring image plus making a decent amount of money. But in the end the image restoring plan could completely backfire since TV makers know how to make scandalous or ridiculous scenes out of normal statements and happenings. I'd rather guess that Scott will lose his last tiny piece of credibility with that show.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Restoring his image? He shouldn't even be worrying about that right now. He just found out he has Bipolar Disorder and has a broken family to fix.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

This was obviously a mutual decision between him and his wife, if they both thought it was a good idea, then so be it. Yeah, it could be argued he's making things worse for his family, but it's not like his family wouldn't of had any impact on this decision. We know extremely little about the situation (apart from the fact that Scott will be on TV), for all we know, he might not have even wanted to go on this show.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I'm not saying it wasn't mutal. My point still stands.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

creed009 wrote:I read somewhere that Scott will make $200,000 for three weeks of being on this show. If he's in as bad shape financially as he's said he is, then it seems like doing this show is just something that he has to do. I think most of us would take $200,000 for only having to work for 3 weeks.
Well he said he was in bad shape financially since all of his bank accounts were frozen. This was of course the case because his wife wanted to prevent him from buying drugs. And even if he lacks some money, he still seems to have some huge assets (think of the Dalí paintings he supposedly gave away for free in his madness).

Seeker_1306
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Seeker_1306 »

Timotheus wrote:Restoring his image? He shouldn't even be worrying about that right now. He just found out he has Bipolar Disorder and has a broken family to fix.
Was just stating what I'm sure his thought process is. I personally don't think he should do the show.

timusca
Bought The CDs

Post by timusca »

Timotheus wrote:Do you really think broadcasting your problems for the entire nation to see is a good way to handle with your issues? This is something that should be solved in private. It's only been weeks since his breakdown. The fact that he's talking to the press is already a huge step. By doing this he's only making things worse for his family.

But yea, if that risk is worth $200,000 to him, his loss.
It's been over 5 months since his breakdown, actually. Wasn't it at Christmas?
"Whoa, this has wicked dueling guitar solos! It's like squeedly versus meedley over here!" - Strong Bad

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

I read this and instantly thought of Stapp when reading this overly paranoid rant of Justin Lowe. I guess Stapp's breakdown had a more positive outcome. Mental issues and addictions are no joke.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/gen ... lness.html

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

thats so sad, justin was a super talented guy, ATB is incredible. what a shame :( rest in peace, justin.
Thanks Timo!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Sites like Ultimate-Guitar won't report this though.

Post by anguyen92 »

Good to hear the fact that Mark and Stapp were talking for a good while. It's usually a great path in the healing process. I wish I can have that as well in my life at times.
Have you spoken to Scott Stapp recently?

We actually just ran into him. Scott Phillips and I were at the Hard Rock hotel for my wife’s birthday, and just by strange coincidence, Stapp was up here during a vacation and was staying at the Hard Rock. We were walking out to the pool and he saw us. We ended up talking for an hour and half. He was clean and sober and doing well. He was happy. His family seemed happy. We’ve had a few texts since then. I think there’s talk about Wind-up Records maybe putting out a box set, so I’m sure we’ll communicate to make sure that turns out well.
http://www.alternativenation.net/interv ... -tremonti/

On another note, I don't know if I want Mark to go through another box set process after what happened with the last time a box set regarding him, in some ways, happened.
Last edited by anguyen92 on Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

As long as they don't go with DC3 they should be fine. Great to hear things are good between them.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

That's really good news to hear. And I'd love for some of that unreleased stuff from the vault to come out from the early Creed years too.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well then, I was wrong. Ultimate-Guitar did report that news from that link I put in my previous post here. I like to think they read my post here and decided to post it, just to satisfy my ego.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/gen ... sense.html

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I'm glad that they're at least able to communicate and stapp is apparently doing well.

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

There's a new video interview with Scott and Jacklyn from a TV show: http://thecreednation.com/thread/549/sc ... ar?page=56

Scott also spoke with ABC news:

"Now, Stapp, who says he's since gotten sober, wants to reunite his old band. In an interview on The Doctor Oz Show , which will air on Tuesday, September 15, Stapp says he "sure hopes" Creed will end their hiatus.

I love the guys with all my heart," Stapp says. "If they're watching, 'Come on guys, let's make a record." "

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I don't know if Mark's heart is into it, right now, to make and tour another Creed album and the scheduling is so dang tight, atm. He's got two big tours going on, this year. One now co-headlining with Trivium in the states, and heading to Europe later in the year. Plus, he's got Dust to release, next year, and probably wants to do some shows playing songs off of that.

Oh yeah, and also, there's a certain band that needs to release and tour a 5th album, next year, to keep themselves afloating and to keep guys like me on a level of saneness while there's a certain top-hat guy that really wants to inadvertently derail that by wanting to record and release an album with a certain lead singer.

The scheduling is really on a huge tight-rope, next year, and if the rope snaps, something is going to get derailed and I fear that AB would get the butt-end of the deal.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Flip and Brian aren't exactly busy.
Tremonti doesn't look like it's gonna be a huge success : he's just playing small clubs, he's struggling big time with the vocals, and he's no frontman.
So there is definitely an opportunity for Creed to come back, since we all know Myles is going to choose Slash over AB once again (just look at his schedule since 2010 : he played twice as many concerts with Slash).
Stapp just needs to get his act together for good.

cesargil
Brand New Start

Post by cesargil »

chtimixeur wrote:Flip and Brian aren't exactly busy.
Tremonti doesn't look like it's gonna be a huge success : he's just playing small clubs, he's struggling big time with the vocals, and he's no frontman.
So there is definitely an opportunity for Creed to come back, since we all know Myles is going to choose Slash over AB once again (just look at his schedule since 2010 : he played twice as many concerts with Slash).
Stapp just needs to get his act together for good.
Well, I'm sure Mark don't want to bring Creed back for awhile. And I don't think he is worried about Tremonti's sucess, he just wanna play and be happy with the style he likes more.

Alter Bridge will be in studio next year, so the guys will not have time to record with Creed. The positive point is that Creed has 10 songs done they created in 2011/2012. Let's see what happen in the future.