Scott Stapp Public Statement (Updated: On Nightline Tonight)

A place for all Creed discussion.
Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Re: Scott Stapp Public Statement (Updated: On Nightline Toni

Post by Mr. Slash »

Fish Tacos wrote:I don't know why but that pic of him next to the water just makes me lol
Probably because he looks like "dood, wat?" :D

~Fallen Angel~
TABN.com Citizen

Post by ~Fallen Angel~ »

This bi-polar thing really isn't much of a surprise to many. The signs have been there for years. Hopefully now he can get a good med that may help him out and some good counseling. He looks good in those pics. :peace

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

The pics are fine. lol Why does every little thing need to be nitpicked or made fun of when it comes to Stapp? It's so old.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

We're not making fun of Stapp. We're making fun of his flip side, Bizarro Stapp. :D

Haha j/k probably too soon :shifty

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

JaredWard wrote:The pics are fine. lol Why does every little thing need to be nitpicked or made fun of when it comes to Stapp? It's so old.
I would have made the same joke if it would be Myles instead of Scott...

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

i am glad that Scott is getting better. Jacklyn said she knew that something had been off for years with Scott but can't pin point it. I wonder how long it has been actually. Whether his delusions fed his paranoia that his bandmates were all against him. I for a second believe Scott when he said his label and banks were stealing from him (which actually has some truth as Mark also filed legal suit). May be the full article will reveal when Jacklyn started to suspect something.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Probably around the time he got a hotel and made those nutter butter videos.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Does anyone else find it strange that in the 911 tape that was released, Jaclyn said that Scott suffered from paranoid schizophrenia and had suffered from that ever since she had known him, but now they are both saying that he was only recently diagnosed with bipolar disorder? That doesn't quite add up.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Psychology/psychiatry isn't exactly a hard science (not hard as in difficult, hard as in firm). Lots of things aren't quantifiable and I'd imagine many diagnoses have behaviors that overlap.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but I mean, being diagnosed with Bipolar disorder is about as common as being diagnosed with asthma.

Almost everyone has it even if just in some small fashion.

Everyone has mood swings :rolleyes

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

austin. wrote:Everyone has mood swings :rolleyes
Of course, but people with bipolar disorder have severe mood swings.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

i think he has psycho-lar disorder

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

touching segment

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

austin. wrote:
However not everyone is Scott Stapp, who sold records to become a multi-platinum artist (or whatever this is called), suffered from addictions, went through horrible shit and is still counted on to get his shit together and man-up.

Funniest thing is shit like that mostly happens to people who are expected to be at ease with everyday devils: wealthy, grown-up men, with a family, with money etc etc

I do not think I have ever seen a public person, to whom I felt as much sympathy as I do to Stappy. I think he is a great guy. He really is. And all this started from his chioldhood I think and was never taken into consideration as it always had to be.

Anyway, I really think this story is never to be over. I mean all these ups and downs will unfort become a part of his life forever. Always. He will never pull through. With his tremendous wife, wonderful kids and all the money that's left.

The worst thing is thta he suffered one of his worst breakdowns right at a time when he released a very nice record, went on tour, had a decent band backing him and fucking sounded better than during the last, say, 7-10 years!

I do not think it can be easy to cope with the amount of shit he went through. Just imagine, you suffer as a child and have a hard time in your teenage years. Then an opportunity turns up and you suddenly become a well-known artist with millions of records sold, grammies-shmemmies etc. Of course you start using, as it is hard to cope with the pressure. In parallel you become fucking canonized by the masses who, after seeing you drunk or wasted on stage twice, suddenly decide to turn their backs on you and make fun of you and what not.

Speak about mood swings uhu.

Unfortunately I find it pretty american to canonize a public person and in a couple of years burn him/her.

I really hope Stappy will be better and pull through. But half of me knows he will not.
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I think it's a bit too soon to start talking about his issues.
But aside from that, it's good to know he's on the good path.
I wonder what he'll do until the end of 2015. New music ? A book about his latest struggles ? A reality show ?

Also, he must be furious about those Dali Sketches... They were probably worth a fortune.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Ever since Jaclyn knew him he was drugging and drinking off and on.. so that's all she's known and maybe there is stuff they want to keep private. I haven't watched the special yet, going to try and watch it today.

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

I really feel sorry for Scott. There is a very high chance he will get back to his old habits. Every time Scott was back in the news for the wrong reason his issues kept getting worse. Last time it was socks in the the air, then 311 fight, drunk tv appearance, orangina bottle, bird ledge, and now delusion. I can't image what's the next issue if Scott is in the next he is in the news for the wrong reason. Wrong I can imagine but it's just too sad to say. Scott is lucky his wife and kids still support him despite all these. Had Jacklyn proceed to divorce him and Jagger continued his shows of disapproval Scott would have no more reason to live. I am not counting on Scott to fail but history had repeated itself again and again. Will his family still be there for Scott next fall? Will we still be here for Scott next fall? I know the phrase it does not matter how many times you fall as long as you get up. Nice motivational phrase but it's very frustrating to see someone who keep on falling and getting worse. Feels like smacking that person in the face. Can Scott get up the next time?

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

The ABC News interview can be found here :
[youtube]http://youtu.be/NS-OLajYaRE[/youtube]

It looks like they've got a smaller house indeed. No more mansion near Disneyland.
Also, we can hear him say he's writing songs for his wife towards the end.

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

And this drug issue. Who's the suppliers? If Scott is really serious about stopping then he should report his suppliers to the police. The trend is every time Scott is depress he will seek out drugs (suppliers). Scott knows from whom he can buy those drugs. Surely when he is craving he just give a call "hey mike can you give me a fix. Meet me at xxx bar". Come on report to the authority if you are really repentant Scott.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

austin. wrote:I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but I mean, being diagnosed with Bipolar disorder is about as common as being diagnosed with asthma.

Almost everyone has it even if just in some small fashion.

Wow yea, you definitely bursted my bubble there. Do you really think mood swings and Bipolar Disorder are the same thing? Who taught you this wisdom?

"Almost everyone has it". More like 3.5% of the world population.
chtimixeur wrote:The ABC News interview can be found here :
[youtube]http://youtu.be/NS-OLajYaRE[/youtube]
Lol, I didn't know he stole that supermarket scooter. He looked so happy doing it.

Anyway, I agree with the woman at the end. It really is a happy ending, considering everything that happened.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.