Scott Stapp Public Statement (Updated: On Nightline Tonight)

A place for all Creed discussion.
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: Scott Stapp Public Statement

Post by Ubik »

Holy cow, just read through all this. Here's hoping the dude gets the help he needs soon.
For all of the hope that it brings...

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

It doesn't look like he's going to release the documents he was talking about. I don't think he was lying about that, but he's just so delusional that he thinks he went to the Betty Ford Center and got all those tests done and got those documents. But he believes every word that he's been saying. It's really sad. I hope he gets some help.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Haha the point of my post wasn't to say I knew him more than anyone on Facebook or to bash. I'm just saying a lot of people on there have claimed every day they know him personally.. as in talking to him on the phone, etc. & I think it's pretty funny. I've never said I knew him but I know people who have met him, recorded with him, & are far more credible than anyone on Facebook. I'll just come out & say that the 'grapevine' source comes from Howard Benson and crew. Of course you don't have to believe it, i just thought I would share a funny story from the studio. lol anyway.. I'll keep to myself from now on.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

More info about the previous calls that surfaced.

http://www.greenepublishing.com/creeds- ... n-madison/
Lead vocalist for Creed, Scott Stapp called Madison County Sheriff’s Office Communication requesting EMS on Thursday, Nov. 13, at 10:48 a.m., near the intersection of I-10 and SR 14.
Scott Stapp

Creed was a rock band that became popular in the late 1990s and early 2000s. Creed won a Grammy for the song, With Arms Wide Open. The band last toured together in 2012.

According to the incident report from Madison County Sheriff’s Office, when Madison County EMS arrived, paramedic Michael Raines advised Stapp appeared to have an altered mental status.

When Corporal David Myers made contact with Stapp to ask if he was okay, Stapp stated he needed to go to the hospital because someone was trying to kill him and he thought they might be trying to poison him. Stapp never stated who was trying to harm him.

Cpl. Myers noted that during the conversation with Stapp, he would jump from subject to subject and none of it made sense and that he appeared to be under the influence of a controlled substance.

Stapp was transported to Madison County Memorial Hospital, where he was evaluated. Cpl. Myers made contact with Stapp’s wife, Jaclyn. She advised him that Stapp had been on a drug binge for approximately seven weeks.

Stapp’s 2011 black Toyota Tundra was towed at his request from I-10 westbound near mile marker 253, where he abandoned it and walked approximately one mile to where EMS originally made contact with him.

According to records on the Palm Beach County’s Clerk of Court website, Jaclyn filed a petition seeking involuntary substance abuse assessment and stabilization, known as the Marchman Act on Friday, Nov. 14.

The Miami Herald reports that Jaclyn recently filed for divorce and is requesting full custody of their children. In the paperwork, she states Stapp has been doing so much amphetamines, crystal meth and steroids that he has become a paranoid shell who has threatened to kill himself and harm his family.

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

http://gossipextra.com/2014/12/18/scott ... port-4256/

BOCA RATON — Boca Raton Police has closed its investigation into alleged illegal transfers of money out of Creed singer Scott Stapp‘s bank account partly because detectives can’t find Stapp for follow up questions.

It’s yet another Gossip Extra scoop: Boca PD closed the criminal complaint filed at Thanksgiving by local resident Stapp, 41, against his wife, former beauty queen Jaclyn.

The main reason: Neither cops nor Palm Beach County Sheriff’s deputies who’ve tried to contact him for additional information have been able to find him!

According to the criminal complaint obtained by Gossip Extra, Stapp told cops someone, probably his wife, transferred $26,000 out of his personal Wells Fargo account at the Boca branch.

He told police he did not approve the transfers and said someone changed his account password.

Since then, cops and deputies have called a phone number left by Stapp five times, to no avail.

The singer of My Sacrifice and Arms Wide Open has been on a downward spiral for weeks as his wife filed for divorce in Palm Beach County. She claimed in the paperwork he was on a booze and drugs bender and said she worried he suffered from severe mental illness.

The judge recently awarded full temporary custody of their three children to Jaclyn after he failed to show up in court.

Stapp is not listed as a missing person.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Hope he's okay. I know he's not "okay", but, you know what i mean.
Thanks Timo!

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

number1 wrote:It’s yet another Gossip Extra scoop:
Something about that phrase really doesn't sit well with me, I know it's the nature of the media industry, but perhaps they should stop trying to profit out of somebody else's breakdown? I know it's never going to happen, but the media coverage this story has got has been pretty disgusting. Especially so considering Stapp wasn't particularly relevant before this episode.

'It's yet another Gossip Extra scoop: somebody slightly famous is having a mental breakdown!'

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

Scott has is the ever public punching bag and the recent happening about him does not help. Media would churn on this news as long as they find it juicy enough for the public interest. As for Scott I hope he is in the company of people who would help him.

Leland
Brand New Start

Post by Leland »

Creed's Scott Stapp: the latest example that poor attitudes toward mental health persist
http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2014 ... alth-media

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

A guy who was completely irrelevant since at least 5 years gets suddenly tons of attention even in bigger media due to mental sickness. Yep, that bugs me a lot and shows how pathetic "celebrity" media really is. They are the godfathers of overhyping and destroying ppl even though Stapp himself never was really hyped he is a great example for the principles of that kind of media. Especially because perk number 2 of VIP press is that they hype scandals of former stars while in contrary they do not care at all about decent solo records and respectable achievements aside from Top 40 chart songs.

"I'm looking at you through the glass, don't know how much time is passed..."

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Leland wrote:Creed's Scott Stapp: the latest example that poor attitudes toward mental health persist
Good ol' Guardian and their common sense.
For all of the hope that it brings...

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Leland wrote:Creed's Scott Stapp: the latest example that poor attitudes toward mental health persist
Glad to see an article like this from a major publication.

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

Glad to see some other musicians care about Stapp:

https://twitter.com/DAVIDMDRAIMAN/statu ... 4345009152

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

It's been a few weeks since we heard anything about Scott so maybe that's a good sign. I'm not a fan of his music anymore but I hope the dude gets some help.

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

If you check his facebook there are Christmas greetings. Can't confirm whether it is actually him or the label.

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

Mark told it would try to reach him, but we never got an answer to that. At least, I didn't see any.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Some weenie going on about how uncool it is to make fun of Stapp while he simultaneously rips on Creed:

http://blogs.westword.com/backbeat/2015 ... _creed.php

How anyone can say stuff like "worse than Creed" is beyond me. Every album before their breakup went multi-platinum. If it's not for you, fine, but rock isn't the same as rap and pop where crap rises to the surface.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Seems like the guy is just taking the opportunity to rip on Scott. You'd think that would've lost its cool factor after the millionth time.

Also, I always find it curious that these articles consistently bring up the Kid Rock thing. Was that really publicized that much when it happened? I don't remember hearing much about it at the time.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

I remember it spreading to several websites but it fizzled out after a week or so. There was a video that leaked but it was pulled quickly after it was released. I'm sure it's still floating around somewhere.

PS: Please don't post it if you do find it.

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

Fish Tacos wrote: How anyone can say stuff like "worse than Creed" is beyond me. Every album before their breakup went multi-platinum. If it's not for you, fine, but rock isn't the same as rap and pop where crap rises to the surface.
Good point, but I kinda understand the process of thinking of this statement. I don't necessary agree with, but I can relate to it to a certain point.

First, Creed was a big band, with a big label behind it, making ridiculous amount of money. For a lot of hardcore metal fans, that's enough to deserve all despite they could get.

Second, Creed make their name with a lot of friendly cheesy ballad radio material. Some of them, probably were made just to sell more albums. Like Universal asked Alter Bridge for "Watch Over You". It is a business, you are one of the biggest of the label, make music that help us to sell more. Period. Creed seems to be ok with that (or, they had some contractual obligation). Again, people would accuse them of lack of integrity.

Third, Scott voice sounded as an Eddie Vedder wanna be. You can make all the arguments that you want to oppose that, but a lot of people heard the similarity. To be honest, the first time I heard Higher, I thought it was a new Pearl Jam song (what can I say, I was young). The same thing with Bush. I loved this band and I never understood why people thought Gavin Rossdale sounded like Kurt Cobain. Until one day I couldn't tell if a song was from Bush or Nirvana. After that day, I understood.

Fourth, the video-clips. Man, until today I can not watch Scott closing his fists, punching them against his chest and looking up and to the camera again (and opening his hands). The slow motion, the scenic. Everything looked too cheesy.

And finally, it didn't help Scott been kinda of jerk in some interviews, answering question like "we are bigger than Pearl Jam because we sell more records than them".

Anyway, that is my theory.
Last edited by Roneit on Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.