Scott Stapp Public Statement (Updated: On Nightline Tonight)

A place for all Creed discussion.
creed009
Loyal Follower

Re: Scott Stapp Public Statement

Post by creed009 »

AB23 wrote:
creed009 wrote:
AB23 wrote:
creed009 wrote:
Seeker_1306 wrote:I think this is going to be the last straw for Scott Stapp. I think he was just starting to establish his repaired image with his new book, new album about recovery. Now, who could honestly take him serious again if he were to say that he is changed man? At this point however, it's about saving his life, not his career.
From what his wife said though, it doesn't sound like he really has any control over what he's doing. He's just crazy. I think a lot of people are open minded enough to understand that if he is able to get on the right medication and get well and restart his career someday.
one would hope that he forgets his career and gets help. His career is over. Its all about whether the dude can get back to sanity at this point.
I'm back to being not so sure about this again. I'm going to wait and see if Scott actually produces the documents that he's talking about next week.
ugh. brutal.
I change my mind as additional information comes out. You've made it clear from day one that you starting posting in the sub forum that you hate Stapp and will never give him the benefit of the doubt.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

creed009 wrote:
AB23 wrote:
creed009 wrote:
AB23 wrote:
creed009 wrote:
Seeker_1306 wrote:I think this is going to be the last straw for Scott Stapp. I think he was just starting to establish his repaired image with his new book, new album about recovery. Now, who could honestly take him serious again if he were to say that he is changed man? At this point however, it's about saving his life, not his career.
From what his wife said though, it doesn't sound like he really has any control over what he's doing. He's just crazy. I think a lot of people are open minded enough to understand that if he is able to get on the right medication and get well and restart his career someday.
one would hope that he forgets his career and gets help. His career is over. Its all about whether the dude can get back to sanity at this point.
I'm back to being not so sure about this again. I'm going to wait and see if Scott actually produces the documents that he's talking about next week.
ugh. brutal.
I change my mind as additional information comes out. You've made it clear from day one that you starting posting in the sub forum that you hate Stapp and will never give him the benefit of the doubt.
its blatantly obvious what is going on here. You think im being unrealistic cuz i dont like him when in reality you've got the fanboy mindset and wouldn't believe he murdered someone if he did it 5 feet away from you.

i dont have some sort of vendetta against scott stapp. I've said the same thing for years... and what do ya know it looks like, even after all the shit i took after all those years of saying it, I was right. He's axl rose in a different person's less successful body.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

AB23 wrote:
creed009 wrote:
AB23 wrote:
creed009 wrote:
AB23 wrote:
creed009 wrote:
ugh. brutal.
its blatantly obvious what is going on here. You think im being unrealistic cuz i dont like him when in reality you've got the fanboy mindset and wouldn't believe he murdered someone if he did it 5 feet away from you.
Well, that's not the case, because I've gone back and forth on what's actually going on as new information has come out. If I was just a "fanboy" who always defended him, then I would've defended him from the very beginning, consistently. I guess I'm just having trouble understanding how Jaclyn could claim that Scott could have 300 pages of CIA documents in his backpack, when those are classified documents that only high level government officials can get. Maybe you have an answer for that?

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

But I guess we'll find out next week whether he actually releases these documents he claims to have.

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

I am guessing Scott printed out a bunch of documents that he thinks are CIA documents ... they are not REALLY classified CIA documents. Pretty sure that is what Jaclyn was trying get across.

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

Wait why are you guys assuming he was talking about CIA documents? I am expecting documents related to financial scandal due to his label and account fraud.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

creed009 wrote:I guess I'm just having trouble understanding how Jaclyn could claim that Scott could have 300 pages of CIA documents in his backpack, when those are classified documents that only high level government officials can get. Maybe you have an answer for that?
She didn't claim that. She was continuing her sentence from before where she said 'he thinks' twice.

"He thinks he's part of the CIA. He thinks they're trying to kill him, and he has a bunch of paperwork in his backpack...."

the operator even clarifies it later

"That he thinks are Central Intelligence documents?"

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Ok, I see. Maybe I should just quit commenting on this until it's all over. I've been back and forth on what's going on here about 50 times. :)

mastermyx
Bought The CDs

Post by mastermyx »

http://nationalreport.net/scott-stapp-r ... album-yet/

is this is a joke? The website seems like a legimate one, not sure though.

nevermind, looked up, it looks to be a fiction site

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

“Florida, Personified”

Lol...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

mastermyx wrote:http://nationalreport.net/scott-stapp-r ... album-yet/

is this is a joke? The website seems like a legimate one, not sure though.

nevermind, looked up, it looks to be a fiction site
Don't forget this one lol "Creed Singer Slept On White House Lawn For a Full Night Without Detection"

http://nationalreport.net/creed-singer- ... ce-admits/

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2014/12/15/sc ... tal-health

So far what Jacklyn claimed Scott of on the run and warning of isis threat are correct. Man Scott what's going on. I had watched too many movies about these things could happen. But this is real life. Waiting on the so called documents.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Man, listening to these audio clips is quite disturbing.
He's completely lost it.

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

Weird... But as someone who's not from America, I'm wondering how it can be legal to make emergency calls open to public? Isn't there any kind of privacy protection? I don't get it. To be honest I even have scruples listening to it. It's horrifying how far media can go these days to destroy people's reputation. But this is not only a problem of the USA, it's worldwide.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/911 ... e-statutes
Florida
State statute Title XXVII, Chapter 365
Access open. 911 records can be broadcast with identifying information removed.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Finaldecision wrote:Weird... But as someone who's not from America, I'm wondering how it can be legal to make emergency calls open to public? Isn't there any kind of privacy protection? I don't get it. To be honest I even have scruples listening to it. It's horrifying how far media can go these days to destroy people's reputation. But this is not only a problem of the USA, it's worldwide.
Someone linked to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), which is the legal basis, but let me explain why: 911 is a taxpayer-funded service. The entire infrastructure of a nationwide emergency service, including its employees, are paid for by taxpaying citizens. Under FOIA, anything like that is open to the public. As it should be. Because it is paid for by the public.

There are 9 specific FOIA exemptions. Some commonly-cited ones are records that would interfere with law enforcement, and national security exemptions. For example, you can file a FOIA request with the CIA asking for details about their mission against ISIS. But they will either flat-out deny your request, or issue a "Glomar" response stating that they can't confirm or deny the existence of such records.

Just because you're worried about poor Scott doesn't mean we should suspended very important democratic (lower case D) laws like FOIA. Laws like that are what make America a democracy. You don't need to work for a newspaper to use FOIA. I am a journalist but I've shown friends how to file a written FOIA request for personal reasons.

I know Scott is going through a very tough time but "the media" (as if we all work for the same company) is not destroying his reputation. He is doing that to himself. The media is simply reporting on a matter of public interest. They wouldn't be doing their jobs if they simply ignored this story.

That brings me to another point....when you talk about media reporting on a certain topic and you think it's inappropriate or overkill (think Casie Anthony, Ferguson, etc.), you should be blaming your fellow citizens. Media companies other than PBS and NPR are focused on turning a profit by selling ads so they can stay in business. How do you do that? You report on stories that people want to hear. Unfortunately many dumbfuck Americans just want to hear about the same one or two stories all day long for months on end. If journalists covered what they think you should know, most news media entities would fold very quickly.

It's interesting to me that you come from a country where there is no such thing as FOIA but you seem to be defending that. It's hard to give people democracy when they don't even want it.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

MidnightToker wrote:That brings me to another point....when you talk about media reporting on a certain topic and you think it's inappropriate or overkill (think Casie Anthony, Ferguson, etc.), you should be blaming your fellow citizens.
I couldn't agree more.

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

MidnightToker wrote:
Finaldecision wrote:Weird... But as someone who's not from America, I'm wondering how it can be legal to make emergency calls open to public? Isn't there any kind of privacy protection? I don't get it. To be honest I even have scruples listening to it. It's horrifying how far media can go these days to destroy people's reputation. But this is not only a problem of the USA, it's worldwide.
Someone linked to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), which is the legal basis, but let me explain why: 911 is a taxpayer-funded service. The entire infrastructure of a nationwide emergency service, including its employees, are paid for by taxpaying citizens. Under FOIA, anything like that is open to the public. As it should be. Because it is paid for by the public.

There are 9 specific FOIA exemptions. Some commonly-cited ones are records that would interfere with law enforcement, and national security exemptions. For example, you can file a FOIA request with the CIA asking for details about their mission against ISIS. But they will either flat-out deny your request, or issue a "Glomar" response stating that they can't confirm or deny the existence of such records.

Just because you're worried about poor Scott doesn't mean we should suspended very important democratic (lower case D) laws like FOIA. Laws like that are what make America a democracy. You don't need to work for a newspaper to use FOIA. I am a journalist but I've shown friends how to file a written FOIA request for personal reasons.

I know Scott is going through a very tough time but "the media" (as if we all work for the same company) is not destroying his reputation. He is doing that to himself. The media is simply reporting on a matter of public interest. They wouldn't be doing their jobs if they simply ignored this story.
Thanks for your explanation. I give it a try and answer in English:

I am from Germany and we have a similar act to the FOIA, but far as I know it's not referring to emergency calls by normal citizens. It's rather created in order to make the work of public institutions transparent for everyone. This means you may gain insight into a wide range of documents from public institutions as well as documentations about these institutions, but there's a limit which is the privacy of other citizens. Privacy protection is of course a civil right and should be guaranteed in every democratic state. But I can't see how it is protected when recordings of emergency calls filled with delicate issues can be made available for everyone.

Of course this is just my opinion.
MidnightToker wrote:That brings me to another point....when you talk about media reporting on a certain topic and you think it's inappropriate or overkill (think Casie Anthony, Ferguson, etc.), you should be blaming your fellow citizens. Media companies other than PBS and NPR are focused on turning a profit by selling ads so they can stay in business. How do you do that? You report on stories that people want to hear. Unfortunately many dumbfuck Americans just want to hear about the same one or two stories all day long for months on end. If journalists covered what they think you should know, most news media entities would fold very quickly.

It's interesting to me that you come from a country where there is no such thing as FOIA but you seem to be defending that. It's hard to give people democracy when they don't even want it.
Media companies must fight to survive out there. No doubt about it. However if such 911 calls wouldn't be made public, no media could write about it in the first place. So why even open that door?

One more thing about Scott Stapp: Of course he's the one to blame for his actions. But on the other hand we neither know if he's still sane mentally, which would somewhat make him a victim of his own state of mind, nor do we know what actually happened when he made these phone calls. We don't know if he was indeed in serious danger and there is still a very small probability for this. So whatever happened, media doesn't know but blatantly portrays him as a drug-abusing and broke rockstar freaking out.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

I just listened to the latest 911 calls and there's really no doubt that he is suffering from severe paranoid schizophrenic delusions. Pretty harrowing stuff, to be honest. The guy is not well, and desperately needs mental care.

Unfortunately or not, this probably spells the end of his musical career. If he doesn't seek help, he'll spend the remainder of his life in the throes of mental illness, and quite possibly end up getting hurt somehow. If he does get help, I imagine he'll be placed on some kind of prescription to treat the delusions, which would likely impair his creative abilities quite drastically. But at least he would be safe and of sound mind.