Scott Stapp Public Statement (Updated: On Nightline Tonight)

A place for all Creed discussion.
Seeker_1306
TABN.com Citizen

Re: Scott Stapp Public Statement

Post by Seeker_1306 »

JaredWard wrote:Still.. it's going to be hard to shake this one if he wants to continue to be in the music business. I agree that the chances of Creed reuniting again went from 50% to 0% quickly. It's unfortunate but like Seeker said, it's more about saving his life at this point. He needs to disappear from the public eye for a few years & then maybe think about coming back to music. Obviously the road just isn't the best place for him.
This is exactly what needs to happen. Actually get a correct diagnosis, EXTENSIVE treatment (not these 8 week programs), and just get out of the public eye for a long long period of time. Only then could possibly a clean, sober Scott Stapp attempt to re-enter the music industry. It would show the world that he took the necessary steps to get help.

But of course, the argument could be made that the business is what gets him into these relapses.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

creed009 wrote:
Ashlee wrote:
Them Bones wrote:Apparently the cops arrived at Stapp's location and determined he was fine.

Mental shit. :crazy
If he isn't homicidal or suicidal there isn't anything the police can do.
I would think that there's something the police could do if they had actually found CIA documents in his back pack and his alleged plans to assassinate Obama. I'm pretty sure it's a crime to plan to assassinate the President.
Cops arrived at scene, did not find the alleged documents and determined he is fine. How exactly is this story telling us that he actually was trying to do what jaclyn has suggested.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Them Bones wrote:
creed009 wrote:
Ashlee wrote:
Them Bones wrote:Apparently the cops arrived at Stapp's location and determined he was fine.

Mental shit. :crazy
If he isn't homicidal or suicidal there isn't anything the police can do.
I would think that there's something the police could do if they had actually found CIA documents in his back pack and his alleged plans to assassinate Obama. I'm pretty sure it's a crime to plan to assassinate the President.
Cops arrived at scene, did not find the alleged documents and determined he is fine. How exactly is this story telling us that he actually was trying to do what jaclyn has suggested.
I don't see where it says that they didn't find the alleged documents. It doesn't really say anything about that. But I don't really see why Jaclyn would lie about something like that. It goes along with everything else that's been happening, like the weird Facebook posts, the fundy thing, etc. But like Jared said, either Scott has gone completely insane, or Jaclyn is the most evil person in the world.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Seeker_1306
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Seeker_1306 »

Don't know how true/reliable this is...

http://nationalreport.net/creed-singer- ... ce-admits/

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Seeker_1306 wrote:Don't know how true/reliable this is...

http://nationalreport.net/creed-singer- ... ce-admits/
:lol That's a satirical news site, like The Onion.

That article just goes to show you how much steam this story is picking up.

Seeker_1306
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Seeker_1306 »

I figured as much, since something like that would probably be all over the major news outlets. Still a fun read though lol.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Yeah, I LOLed. It's a clever combination of the recent stories about Scott's meltdown and the Secret Service's security lapses.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Stapp no longer has any custody of the kids..

Poor guy. Damn.
http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2014/12/12/sc ... drugs-meth

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

Tibet
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Seeker_1306 wrote:
JaredWard wrote:Still.. it's going to be hard to shake this one if he wants to continue to be in the music business. I agree that the chances of Creed reuniting again went from 50% to 0% quickly. It's unfortunate but like Seeker said, it's more about saving his life at this point. He needs to disappear from the public eye for a few years & then maybe think about coming back to music. Obviously the road just isn't the best place for him.
This is exactly what needs to happen. Actually get a correct diagnosis, EXTENSIVE treatment (not these 8 week programs), and just get out of the public eye for a long long period of time. Only then could possibly a clean, sober Scott Stapp attempt to re-enter the music industry. It would show the world that he took the necessary steps to get help.

But of course, the argument could be made that the business is what gets him into these relapses.
Jaclyn said in the 911 call that Scott's drug use is caused by his mental illness. It's his mental illness that he needs to get control of in order to get over his drug addiction problem. I don't think that touring has anything to do with it.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

creed009 wrote:If Stapp had actually had these supposed CIA documents in his back pack, why wouldn't the police have had enough evidence to arrest him?
creed009 wrote: I don't see where it says that they didn't find the alleged documents. It doesn't really say anything about that.
Dude...for real? I get that you're trying to make a logical, informed decision based off of the articles and give Scott the benefit of the doubt. But you've gotta apply some critical thinking skills here...

Love how the audio has the craziest pic it can find of Stapp next to a calm, composed picture of his wife.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Fish Tacos wrote:
creed009 wrote:If Stapp had actually had these supposed CIA documents in his back pack, why wouldn't the police have had enough evidence to arrest him?
creed009 wrote: I don't see where it says that they didn't find the alleged documents. It doesn't really say anything about that.
Dude...for real? I get that you're trying to make a logical, informed decision based off of the articles and give Scott the benefit of the doubt. But you've gotta apply some critical thinking skills here...

Love how the audio has the craziest pic it can find of Stapp next to a calm, composed picture of his wife.
I think the overall evidence shows that Jaclyn is telling the truth and Scott has gone insane. I'm just wondering what it actually takes to lock someone up in a mental hospital if the police actually found the CIA documents that his wife was talking about. It's a federal crime to plot to assassinate the President for crying out loud. It seems like the police in Florida have really dropped the ball on this.

rockmusic4ever
Brand New Start

Post by rockmusic4ever »

From Stapp's Facebook about 5mins ago
What's up everyone, Scott Stapp here. In light of the recent vicious attacks on my character as well as the vicious lies that are being spread about me, I'm left with no option but to address this circus. In no way, shape or form are any of these accusations true. I am 100% sober and 100% mentally sane and stable. Supporting documents validating this will be given to Judge Colin and serviced to the media next week. These documents are being issued by the Hazleton-Betty Ford Center. When these accusations were initially levied against me, I immediately sought refuge within the sober community in Palm Desert, CA, as well as met with senior heads of department at the Hazleton-Betty Ford Center. I did not check in, as I have not been using drugs or alcohol nor have been suffering from any mental health issues. I came to the center for the most credible acknowledgement and support in the world to validate that I was sober and mentally stable. After two weeks of meetings with appropriate departments, voluntarily submitting to a clinical diagnostic evaluation, and blood and urine tests, Hazelton-Betty Ford Center is preparing official documents validating what I have been saying all along. I am not, nor have been on drugs or drinking and am not suffering from any mental health issues. Again, everything that is being reported about me is not true. This vicious attack was levied against me after I discovered multiple counts of financial fraud and embezzlement. It is sad the lengths some will go to in an effort to keep themselves from being exposed for the serious financial crimes they have committed. As you might assume, I am very hurt by what has gone on. Again, official reports will be provided next week hopefully ending the circus so the real issues at hand can be addressed. Love you all and thank you to all those who have supported me during this smear campaign.

P. S.

I have nothing but sincere respect, love and admiration for President Obama. The recent report claiming I am delusional, and claiming I'm a CIA agent with evil intent towards our beloved President is a joke. I'm shocked the press even covered such a ridicules story. My history supporting our troops and this great country of ours should speak for itself.

Have a great weekend my friends

Scott Stapp

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't she say He said he had CIA documents meaning he could have a bunch of blank pages so there would be nothing for the cops to find. Also the papers he had if any could have said anything and he just believed they were CIA documents. I don't think she necessarily tried to get the papers and verify if they were or weren't, just telling the cops what he told her.

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

Keeping my fingers cross till next week. The phone call was from last month when Jacklyn tried to comnit Scott to mental facility. Right now just processing the facts (Scott public statements and the 911 calls) and not the medias' interpretations

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Where was he when he posted the first video?

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

creed009 wrote:
I think the overall evidence shows that Jaclyn is telling the truth and Scott has gone insane. I'm just wondering what it actually takes to lock someone up in a mental hospital if the police actually found the CIA documents that his wife was talking about. It's a federal crime to plot to assassinate the President for crying out loud. It seems like the police in Florida have really dropped the ball on this.
I'm not quite sure what you think they dropped the ball on. Let's run through it:

If they followed up on the call and sent any units out the Police may or may not have had probable cause to search his backpack. The woman on the phone (wife or sister-in-law?) had already listed the contents over the phone, none of which would be illegal: some papers, some tools and some hard drives (I think she said that?). This is why the 911 operator specifically asked this question. The woman on the phone also talked about his mental state, further undermining the credibility (leading to probable cause to search) of these supposed documents. If Stapp refused a search, they would likely have been rolling the dice with his rights if they forced one, and what's the point of that if they're ~100% sure it's not a legit threat?

Now on the other hand, let's assume they did search the bags. They sure as hell didn't find any documents because he's obviously not working with the CIA. As long as Stapp remained composed and coherent as he has in most of his videos, the cops can't arrest him if he denies the claims his wife makes. They have no evidence he's actually "planning" this other than her word. It wouldn't be any different than if I called the cops on you for the same thing. They might want to ask you some questions when they show up and insist you come down with them to the PD, but without probable cause they can't haul you in if you deny/refuse.

Now let's try the craziest situation of them all. If the Police had actually found Classified CIA documents in Stapp's possession and he did not have the clearance or the proper transport means to move them, he'd be locked up in more than a mental hospital.

The Police did their due diligence, checked in on Stapp and "determined he was fine". They reported the claims to the SS, per procedure, who have an obligation to investigate any such threat. In this case, the investigation probably won't amount to a hill of beans, but the bureaucracy must have it's paperwork...

rockmusic4ever
Brand New Start

Post by rockmusic4ever »

And another post from his Facebook
Must note: I was, under Doctors care, taking 3 prescribed medications. One for mild depression, one for ADHD, and another for sleep. In fear of that being used against me during this circus, I stopped all three medications. To my surprise, I found that all the symptoms for which I took those medications were gone. After discussing this with with the Doctor in Palm Desert, he concluded my previous symptoms were actually due to my diet and stress related. I am sober from prescription medication and feel great. It was brought to my attention though that stopping an anti depressant does have some side effects, which in hind sight, I can clearly see that I experienced.

I'm all about honesty and have nothing to hide. Since I'm under such vicious attack and scrutiny, I'm sharing everything with you. I want to be transparent and real