Scott Stapp Public Statement (Updated: On Nightline Tonight)

A place for all Creed discussion.
TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Scott Stapp Public Statement

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

I've seen a lot of people say Scott and Creed's Facebook page have been hacked, normally I would believe that except for Jagger having said on Twitter what he did. Somebody posted a comment on Creed's Facebook about 45 minutes ago.

This is what I believe

Scott believes everything he is doing and saying and that it is right and just. He is in the middle of a psychosis and unless you have witnessed it first hand it makes absolutely no sense to you. I pray that he gets the help he needs or his downfall will only continue. I can't believe some of the heartless posts on here. He is not in his right mind - he is having delusions, and paranoid episodes. He needs help people!!

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

The haters & all of the negativity whores should read this. Written by Jill Gainer, wife to Aaron Gainer of 12 Stones.

http://therealrockstarwives.blogspot.co ... stapp.html
Message to Scott Stapp

*Warning-Graphic Language*

For the last week, I have watched the news feeds, the social media updates and the entertainment trash papers posting what I like to call the disgusting display of what "journalism" has become in this society. No longer do investigative journalists seek out a story to find truth before they report, they also fan the flames, signaling the vultures to pick at what is left of a story connected to a very real human being, but also encourage the final baseball bat swings to an already shattered soul.

Scott Stapp isn't an angel by an means, but neither are any of us, and this has gotten out of control. This shit has to stop.

My friend asked, "Why do you care what happens to Scott, he was a dick to your husband."
I replied, "Yes, he was a ginormous douche, but he's a human that was intricately molded to fit the expectations of the music suits and a consumerist public to be the American Rock Star. And he succeeded."

"But why do you feel the need to defend him?" they said.

"I learned the hard way that when life crushes you with defeat, that very few will rush to your aid. But, the few that do, are unexpected and work the hardest. I don't feel for a second that I am defending his past indiscretions or current addiction issues, those aren't my business, but what I intend to do is remind the macrocosm that we shouldn't fall victim and join the hoards of mindless hypocrites that spew such vile statements about someone they don't even know."

"I guess you are right", they replied.

Itching the back of my neck and glancing at my son's school portrait on the kitchen fridge I said, "His family doesn't deserve to see what they are saying. This shit needs to stop. Do you know what else?"

"What?"

"Without Creed, there wouldn't be 12 Stones. And if 12 Stones didn't exist, I wouldn't have Aaron. Therefore, I owe Creed for the opportunity to have a conversation with the handsome stranger at a rock concert"

"Now you're confusing me...wait...what?" they said.

I continued the exchange with a long description of the experience, and ultimately gained another supporter of this cause.

It's true. While I won't go into descriptive details about my unsavory dealings with all things "wound up and shot down", I will say...that without Creed...I would have never met my husband.

You read that correctly... If it wasn't for Creed, I wouldn't be crazy in love with the most sincerely supportive and loving man on this planet.

What people fail to realize is that Creed gave an independent label the funding to branch out, develop and release artists into the world. Creed started it all. Without them we wouldn't have 12 Stones, Alterbridge, Atomship (GOD I LOVE THEM), Boy Hits Car, Breaking Point, Drowning Pool, Evanescence, People in Planes, Submersed (HOLY CRAP THEY WERE AWESOME), Seether, Thriving Ivory...Do I really need to go on here?!

These artists would go on to sell millions of units and inspire a generation of future musicians to evolve and become something new and great for the next generation...and Creed started it. Go ahead and giggle all you want and dispute my claims as invalid. Its your right, but be prepared for the fiery albino Sasquatch to crush you with facts.

Now, before we go any further, I have to say that while I don't support the folks that did some really bad stuff to my friends and family while protected under the umbrella of a title, I do support the musicians.
I've seen things...(holy shit have I seen things)... I've heard the stories from my husband whom I trust more than I trust myself at times, and I've watched...in shock...sitting on the leather seats of tour buses and backstage as the truth unfolded in front my own eyes.

Individuals who claim to know the realities when they aren't personally fighting in the middle of the music battlefield are experiencing moments of delusional grandeur. It's an illusion. They have NO idea.
But, yet...they forge on proclaiming their importance and invalid assessments of people they haven't experienced a connection with...other than with their head-phones on.

What do I know about all of this? Well, more than I care to admit. I've watched as people I love, struggling with addiction and LSD (Lead Singer Disease for those of you unfamiliar) go off the deep end. I've written about how dangerous the combination of substances and egos can be. I've stood over people that matter to me while they were passed out after a night of very bad decisions and wondered why they couldn't see the situation from my eyes.

The truth is, they can't. Each one of us has our own experiences, our own influences, our own demons that chase us, and our own perceptions. We can't see what others see, we can't feel what others feel, and we sure as hell can't understand the things they do. This is all a part of the human experience. We have our own unique story and we are only in control of our own autobiographies. We need to stop writing for others.

I am ashamed of the human race at the moment. The knee jerk responses and ugly statements to beat down an individual with such evil sentiments frightens me. Think what you want, it is your freedom. But freedom of speech doesn't protect the message of hate. The people writing these appalling messages on social media should be ashamed. You are the problem in this world. YOU. Not a guy who is going through a very public struggle.

My husband and I had a serious conversation last night about what is going on with Scott. We both came to the same conclusion. He's not the worst person in the world, yet there are people treating him as such.

America has created a movement to stop bullying. There are numerous accounts of kids that have fallen victim to the ugly souls that say and write things such as this...and I've read comments on these media sites. "Just go kill yourself" REALLY PEOPLE?! What the FUCK is wrong with you?! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

I'm just a farm girl who fell in love with what you all consider a "Rock Star". I was shaded from the music reality, until I became a part of it. Fame and celebrity are ugly things. I loathe the thought of it all. It's all so dark and lonely. After seeing it first hand, I don't know why anyone would want it...and it's why my husband and I are where we are in life. We are DONE with the Price Of Fame.

Now is when I get real with all of you. Below this paragraph is a song that says it all. It was written by my best friend's husband Donald Carpenter. I want you to all listen to it. REALLY LISTEN TO IT.
This song should have made it to the top of every chart and became the anthem of every celebrity on the planet. But..it was shelved...by a company that didn't believe in it.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/kPzlHxVKvMs[/youtube]

I want you all to put yourselves in the shoes of Scott Stapp. I know you can't really follow through with this task, but I ask you all to try. Do you have any idea? Do you know personally what happens to people that are built up and then are torn down? Do you remember Brittney Spears? Michael Jackson? Do you honestly know what it's like to have everyone watch every move you make? Do you have people writing their opinions on social media every day with what they believe to be "what you should be doing"...and if you don't do what they say...you're wrong? Have you had people interrupt your dinner to take a photo and sign their receipt? Unless you have...you have no idea.

I hope everyone can take a step back and see the big picture. We are a generation of immediate gratification junkies. It's all so silly. People focus on the lives of celebrities more than they focus on their own. Those of you posting these repugnant words online need to look in the damned mirror. YOU are the things you say while you hide behind your computer screens...YOU REFLECT THE THINGS YOU SAY. Ugly words=Ugly people.

I pray that Scott is okay. I pray that people will divert their attention to their own lives and let him, his friends, and his family put the pieces together. I pray that he finds what he is looking for and thrives for the rest of his life without the stress and embarrassment that the world is throwing at him currently. I pray for Scott.

He was never "my friend" per-se...but he is a man who stood next to my husband for years. I don't have a lot of positive recollections, but I know that deep down inside that scarred façade lies a human being that wants to see the world the way he used to see it...before the fame. I know this from my own experiences, and why I linked the song "Price Of Fame".

Regardless of who you are in this life, I ask that you send positive energy...not just to Scott, but to everyone involved. It's healthy for us all.

This is war and we should never leave a man behind, no matter the injury. I will continue to not only fight for music, but the musician. I think we should all do the same. But, ultimately it's your decision.

In closing, I want to share a lesson that my Mom pounded into my brain more than 30 years ago.
"If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

I think everyone needs to listen to my Mom.

Until Next Time,
Love, Respect, and Support

Jillian

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

A bit off-topic, but why do people always say AB as one word?

Other than that, good read. People can be so jokingly negative on the internet that just likes depicting people as verbal punching bags for their selfish amusement and entertainment and do not really care about anyone's well-beings. Sure, Stapp had a former reputation and all, but does that mean he is any less of a human being and deserves to be a punching bag to pick on? No. he is a person, just like everyone else, that deserves to have that chance to better themselves and have a healthy lifestyle.

I just hope his family, wife, kids, Mark, Flip, Brian, other good people from other bands or any other associates can keep pushing to reach out and get him out of this funk.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

It's been a quiet couple of days for Scott. With him, no news is usually good news.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

There's a famous writing quote that I can't find that basically says your second draft should be shorter than the first. Her message should have been a third the size.

I find it curious though that people believe they can educate others on empathy and compassion. I believe such things to be like other virtues which are either ingrained into you as a youngster, inherent in your personality, or learned the hard way through experience.

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

Stapp has burned a lot of bridges in the past. Seems like people just don't want to forgive and forget.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

The fundraiser thing is no longer there, but yet Creed's Facebook page still links to it. I'm not sure why that is.

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

Pretty simple to me. Fundly removed the fundraising site.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Or Stapp removed it out of embarrassment.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

abw1987 wrote:Or Stapp removed it out of embarrassment.
The link is still on the Creed Facebook page though.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Really either scenario is possible. He's been in the news so I'd be surprised if they weren't aware as to what was going on.

I hope that he removed it because he had a moment of clarity or better he's back home with his family getting the help that he needs. If he isn't, I honestly can't see how he could turn this thing around. If he doesn't get the help that he needs, then he will die, in my mind it is an absolute certainty. There is no way that he is going to be able to pull himself out of this on his own. Of all the things that he's done in the past while under the influence of drugs and alcohol this is got to be the worst. Mainly because he posted videos on social media and set up a fund raiser. At the very least sadly his reputation, or however much of it he had left is destroyed

I hope things are looking up for him

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

TremontiFan4Life wrote:Really either scenario is possible. He's been in the news so I'd be surprised if they weren't aware as to what was going on.

I hope that he removed it because he had a moment of clarity or better he's back home with his family getting the help that he needs. If he isn't, I honestly can't see how he could turn this thing around. If he doesn't get the help that he needs, then he will die, in my mind it is an absolute certainty. There is no way that he is going to be able to pull himself out of this on his own. Of all the things that he's done in the past while under the influence of drugs and alcohol this is got to be the worst. Mainly because he posted videos on social media and set up a fund raiser. At the very least sadly his reputation, or however much of it he had left is destroyed

I still doubt that he is responsible for that fund raiser thing. I have a feeling that he's back at his family in order to get help. Even though this could be wishful thinking, it still seems realistic to me considering there were no messages or news from Stapp for days now. Also Jagger deleted the Tweets about his father. So let's hope and pray that this is the case.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Finaldecision wrote:
TremontiFan4Life wrote:Really either scenario is possible. He's been in the news so I'd be surprised if they weren't aware as to what was going on.

I still doubt that he is responsible for that fund raiser thing. I have a feeling that he's back at his family in order to get help. Even though this could be wishful thinking, it still seems realistic to me considering there were no messages or news from Stapp for days now. Also Jagger deleted the Tweets about his father. So let's hope and pray that this is the case.
I see where you're coming from but what does it make sense is that the link is still on Creed's Facebook. I understand that some people have been saying that Creed's Facebook has been hacked but if that was the case then why did Jagger post those things on twitter? Surely he knows more about the situation then we do, he made those comments prior to the fundraiser ever being started. On the other hand when you look at how the fundraiser was typed using the number 2 instead of the word two that also raises a flag. So I can completely understand what you're saying, I just sincerely hope, and I can't say it enough, that he is back with his family getting the help that he needs.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

creed009 wrote:
abw1987 wrote:Or Stapp removed it out of embarrassment.
The link is still on the Creed Facebook page though.
Maybe he forgot.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

I sure hope that Scott is finally getting help for his problems. Maybe the tweets that Jagger sent out, if Scott saw them, finally woke him up.

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

Pretty obvious we have no idea what is going on.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

julio wrote:Pretty obvious we have no idea what is going on.
:yeahthat

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

JaredWard wrote:The haters & all of the negativity whores should read this. Written by Jill Gainer, wife to Aaron Gainer of 12 Stones.

http://therealrockstarwives.blogspot.co ... stapp.html
Message to Scott Stapp

*Warning-Graphic Language*

For the last week, I have watched the news feeds, the social media updates and the entertainment trash papers posting what I like to call the disgusting display of what "journalism" has become in this society. No longer do investigative journalists seek out a story to find truth before they report, they also fan the flames, signaling the vultures to pick at what is left of a story connected to a very real human being, but also encourage the final baseball bat swings to an already shattered soul.

Scott Stapp isn't an angel by an means, but neither are any of us, and this has gotten out of control. This shit has to stop.

My friend asked, "Why do you care what happens to Scott, he was a dick to your husband."
I replied, "Yes, he was a ginormous douche, but he's a human that was intricately molded to fit the expectations of the music suits and a consumerist public to be the American Rock Star. And he succeeded."

"But why do you feel the need to defend him?" they said.

"I learned the hard way that when life crushes you with defeat, that very few will rush to your aid. But, the few that do, are unexpected and work the hardest. I don't feel for a second that I am defending his past indiscretions or current addiction issues, those aren't my business, but what I intend to do is remind the macrocosm that we shouldn't fall victim and join the hoards of mindless hypocrites that spew such vile statements about someone they don't even know."

"I guess you are right", they replied.

Itching the back of my neck and glancing at my son's school portrait on the kitchen fridge I said, "His family doesn't deserve to see what they are saying. This shit needs to stop. Do you know what else?"

"What?"

"Without Creed, there wouldn't be 12 Stones. And if 12 Stones didn't exist, I wouldn't have Aaron. Therefore, I owe Creed for the opportunity to have a conversation with the handsome stranger at a rock concert"

"Now you're confusing me...wait...what?" they said.

I continued the exchange with a long description of the experience, and ultimately gained another supporter of this cause.

It's true. While I won't go into descriptive details about my unsavory dealings with all things "wound up and shot down", I will say...that without Creed...I would have never met my husband.

You read that correctly... If it wasn't for Creed, I wouldn't be crazy in love with the most sincerely supportive and loving man on this planet.

What people fail to realize is that Creed gave an independent label the funding to branch out, develop and release artists into the world. Creed started it all. Without them we wouldn't have 12 Stones, Alterbridge, Atomship (GOD I LOVE THEM), Boy Hits Car, Breaking Point, Drowning Pool, Evanescence, People in Planes, Submersed (HOLY CRAP THEY WERE AWESOME), Seether, Thriving Ivory...Do I really need to go on here?!

These artists would go on to sell millions of units and inspire a generation of future musicians to evolve and become something new and great for the next generation...and Creed started it. Go ahead and giggle all you want and dispute my claims as invalid. Its your right, but be prepared for the fiery albino Sasquatch to crush you with facts.

Now, before we go any further, I have to say that while I don't support the folks that did some really bad stuff to my friends and family while protected under the umbrella of a title, I do support the musicians.
I've seen things...(holy shit have I seen things)... I've heard the stories from my husband whom I trust more than I trust myself at times, and I've watched...in shock...sitting on the leather seats of tour buses and backstage as the truth unfolded in front my own eyes.

Individuals who claim to know the realities when they aren't personally fighting in the middle of the music battlefield are experiencing moments of delusional grandeur. It's an illusion. They have NO idea.
But, yet...they forge on proclaiming their importance and invalid assessments of people they haven't experienced a connection with...other than with their head-phones on.

What do I know about all of this? Well, more than I care to admit. I've watched as people I love, struggling with addiction and LSD (Lead Singer Disease for those of you unfamiliar) go off the deep end. I've written about how dangerous the combination of substances and egos can be. I've stood over people that matter to me while they were passed out after a night of very bad decisions and wondered why they couldn't see the situation from my eyes.

The truth is, they can't. Each one of us has our own experiences, our own influences, our own demons that chase us, and our own perceptions. We can't see what others see, we can't feel what others feel, and we sure as hell can't understand the things they do. This is all a part of the human experience. We have our own unique story and we are only in control of our own autobiographies. We need to stop writing for others.

I am ashamed of the human race at the moment. The knee jerk responses and ugly statements to beat down an individual with such evil sentiments frightens me. Think what you want, it is your freedom. But freedom of speech doesn't protect the message of hate. The people writing these appalling messages on social media should be ashamed. You are the problem in this world. YOU. Not a guy who is going through a very public struggle.

My husband and I had a serious conversation last night about what is going on with Scott. We both came to the same conclusion. He's not the worst person in the world, yet there are people treating him as such.

America has created a movement to stop bullying. There are numerous accounts of kids that have fallen victim to the ugly souls that say and write things such as this...and I've read comments on these media sites. "Just go kill yourself" REALLY PEOPLE?! What the FUCK is wrong with you?! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

I'm just a farm girl who fell in love with what you all consider a "Rock Star". I was shaded from the music reality, until I became a part of it. Fame and celebrity are ugly things. I loathe the thought of it all. It's all so dark and lonely. After seeing it first hand, I don't know why anyone would want it...and it's why my husband and I are where we are in life. We are DONE with the Price Of Fame.

Now is when I get real with all of you. Below this paragraph is a song that says it all. It was written by my best friend's husband Donald Carpenter. I want you to all listen to it. REALLY LISTEN TO IT.
This song should have made it to the top of every chart and became the anthem of every celebrity on the planet. But..it was shelved...by a company that didn't believe in it.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/kPzlHxVKvMs[/youtube]

I want you all to put yourselves in the shoes of Scott Stapp. I know you can't really follow through with this task, but I ask you all to try. Do you have any idea? Do you know personally what happens to people that are built up and then are torn down? Do you remember Brittney Spears? Michael Jackson? Do you honestly know what it's like to have everyone watch every move you make? Do you have people writing their opinions on social media every day with what they believe to be "what you should be doing"...and if you don't do what they say...you're wrong? Have you had people interrupt your dinner to take a photo and sign their receipt? Unless you have...you have no idea.

I hope everyone can take a step back and see the big picture. We are a generation of immediate gratification junkies. It's all so silly. People focus on the lives of celebrities more than they focus on their own. Those of you posting these repugnant words online need to look in the damned mirror. YOU are the things you say while you hide behind your computer screens...YOU REFLECT THE THINGS YOU SAY. Ugly words=Ugly people.

I pray that Scott is okay. I pray that people will divert their attention to their own lives and let him, his friends, and his family put the pieces together. I pray that he finds what he is looking for and thrives for the rest of his life without the stress and embarrassment that the world is throwing at him currently. I pray for Scott.

He was never "my friend" per-se...but he is a man who stood next to my husband for years. I don't have a lot of positive recollections, but I know that deep down inside that scarred façade lies a human being that wants to see the world the way he used to see it...before the fame. I know this from my own experiences, and why I linked the song "Price Of Fame".

Regardless of who you are in this life, I ask that you send positive energy...not just to Scott, but to everyone involved. It's healthy for us all.

This is war and we should never leave a man behind, no matter the injury. I will continue to not only fight for music, but the musician. I think we should all do the same. But, ultimately it's your decision.

In closing, I want to share a lesson that my Mom pounded into my brain more than 30 years ago.
"If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

I think everyone needs to listen to my Mom.

Until Next Time,
Love, Respect, and Support

Jillian
This is a good article and all that talks about journalism and the media. This same principle can apply to MANY cases occurring right now in the states (you guys know what I'm talking about.)

However, on that same note, was it not scott's own family and his own words where this started? His videos, his son's tweets (later deleted, if you havent seen them)? Sure, the media spews out garbage daily, and I feel like that argument is extremely relevant in a lot, if not most of these cases. But the stuff we're learning more about is coming from his own mouth, or his own family's mouth, or people close thim. The media just sorta over-substantiates these things to make them seem like more than they really are.

For example, to veer off the depressing topic, ESPN is a huge committer of this. I read an article yesterday that stated, "Johnny Manziel hopes the next answer is 'yes'", so i was click baited into reading it. The freakin article was about the next time that Johnny is competing for a starting spot, he hopes his coaches will say yes instead of no.... well like no shit sherlock!!! how is that a story... but the media just overexaggerates the unnecessary to make it something more than it is. To make him seem like an overconfident, conceited, cocky kid (which he probably is, but that's not my point).

Seeker_1306
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Seeker_1306 »

That's the first I've ever heard of the guys from 12 Stones having problems with Stapp. Anyone know any details about that?

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

Jamey Jasta, singer from Hatebreed commented on this: