Scott Stapp Public Statement (Updated: On Nightline Tonight)

A place for all Creed discussion.
Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Re: Scott Stapp Public Statement

Post by Finaldecision »

There's another Post on Creed, but many people doubt it's Scott Stapp who writes them all. They assume someone hacked the Creed and Scott Stapp Facebook account.

I'm not a native speaker, so probably anyone could explain what it means:

"-Art imitating life- So there is no misunderstanding, I'm on the receiving end"

There's a graffiti of Mona Lisa holding a rocket launcher above that.

https://www.facebook.com/Creed?fref=nf

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

He edited his original comment. It originally didn't say "So there is no misunderstanding, I'm on the receiving end." Maybe he did that so that people wouldn't think that it was some kind of suicide note like people thought it was last night.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

What is that post even supposed to mean?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I was looking at Mark's Twitter and ran across this reply to someone:
Mark Tremonti wrote:Thank the label, don't blame us!
The person he was replying to deleted whatever the tweet was they had sent out. But they were definitely a Creed fan by looking at their profile...I'm guessing a comment was made about the money Stapp hadn't received or something, but idk what exactly was said. Just found it interesting.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

Andy92 wrote:I was looking at Mark's Twitter and ran across this reply to someone:
The person he was replying to deleted whatever the tweet was they had sent out. But they were definitely a Creed fan by looking at their profile...I'm guessing a comment was made about the money Stapp hadn't received or something, but idk what exactly was said. Just found it interesting.
Think it had to do with the Creed and Scott Stapp Facebook accounts, but I'm not sure.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

From Brian's Facebook page a couple minutes ago:
Due to the exposure my post has received, I feel I need to clarify what I meant by saying Scott Stapp "seems to be okay". It is obvious Scott is not "ok" and that he needs medical help and/or an intervention if he does not surrender to this disease before he hurts himself or others. I was trying to inform those who were concerned about his immediate well being, that we were reaching out to him during this difficult time and will continue to do so until the family gets the help they need.
This should clear up a few misconceptions at least. Hope Scott finds the help he needs.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Finaldecision wrote:
Andy92 wrote:I was looking at Mark's Twitter and ran across this reply to someone:
Think it had to do with the Creed and Scott Stapp Facebook accounts, but I'm not sure.
That's my guess as well.

On an unrelated note, last night I saw on reddit that an article about Stapp's $480k Fundly effort had made it to the front page of r/music. Most of the comments were by people making fund of Creed and/or balking at the $480k figure. However this comment was pretty interesting:
_Slevin wrote:This is sad. My dad was one of Scott's lawyers for many years during Creed's rise to fame. I have met Scott and the band many times (this was years ago), and always thought he was a pretty decent guy who was trying to do right by his kid. Unfortunately he started hanging out with the wrong type of people who were manipulating him for his money and made him paranoid as shit. He got hooked on drugs and booze and basically fucked himself out of a ton of money because he started to think the people who supported him were just using him to get rich. At one point he actually believed he was going to be killed in order for the record company to make more money off of the record sales like what happened with Nirvana. The dude just let the wrong people take control of his life. It's sad to see because he really was a good guy who genuinely cared about his fans and was humble with his success. Also, Creed was not a Christian band, they just had some songs about higher powers. And Mark Tremonti is really good at ping-pong.
On the bright side, I saw quite a few comments singing Mark's praises, acknowledging that Alter Bridge are much better, and even complimenting All I Was.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Stapp going COMPLETELY AWOL on his fundly page

"Support my drug habit losers. If I conned you into thinking I had talent all these years than surely you are stupid enough to fall for this."

I don't get why people think he's been hacked. This is the unstable Scott we've all come to know. Shame a guy with a set of pipes like he had back in the day ruined it all. These drugs won't help his voice and won't him get back into music either

Throwin' it all away Scott. Just like Genesis

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Apparently now people are saying it's fake. If it was indeed fake, and since Scott has been posting nonsense on FB since the original link was posted, why wouldn't he delete the link to the fundraiser?

Makes no sense

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Now everything has been deleted from both his and Creed's Facebook pages except for the fundraiser which is still on the Creed Facebook page.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

facelessman07 wrote:Stapp going COMPLETELY AWOL on his fundly page

"Support my drug habit losers. If I conned you into thinking I had talent all these years than surely you are stupid enough to fall for this."

I don't get why people think he's been hacked. This is the unstable Scott we've all come to know. Shame a guy with a set of pipes like he had back in the day ruined it all. These drugs won't help his voice and won't him get back into music either

Throwin' it all away Scott. Just like Genesis
good post. Seriously, you are delusional if you support his fundraiser. Him touring and being away from home likely led to relapse. OH WAIT LETS GIVE HIM MONEY TO DO IT AGAIN.

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

I'm pretty sure it's not him who posts all that shit or at least not him alone. Seems unlikely considering his video statements. I'm sure that soon we will know what's going on and where Stapp is at the moment. I have a feeling that he could be at his family already, even though I'm surprised that these accounts haven't been deleted by now. Probably to keep the number of fans that clicked like button

Berated_girl
Brand New Start

Post by Berated_girl »

The person who is writing all the comments as "Scott Stapp" isn't actually Scott.

It's a whole different user to the one who set up the campaign.

If you click on one of the comments from this Scott Stapp you will see it is not his campaign.

Here is what our Scott Stapp's page looks like

https://fundly.com/users/892276

Here is what the impostor Scott Stapp's page looks like

https://fundly.com/users/893124

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Berated_girl wrote:The person who is writing all the comments as "Scott Stapp" isn't actually Scott.

It's a whole different user to the one who set up the campaign.

If you click on one of the comments from this Scott Stapp you will see it is not his campaign.

Here is what our Scott Stapp's page looks like

https://fundly.com/users/892276

Here is what the impostor Scott Stapp's page looks like

https://fundly.com/users/893124
Good eye; this should clear up some confusion.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Yeah I just saw where there were 2 different Scott's posting

But the fundraiser is still up. Ugh

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

But it's not like that imposters post didn't have some truth. It's obvious where this money will go

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Bottom line: this IS a legit fundraiser for Stapp, it has yet to be deleted from Creed's FB like everything else

Stapp has almost certainly seen these comments by now, so if he has any rationality left he'd delete this. Fans are getting pissed at the imposters. There's been a few "Scott Stapps" with poor grammar and use of abbreviations like the real one so its hard to know in fact if Stapp has posted anything there. Wouldn't doubt it considering the other crap he's put out lately

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

facelessman07 wrote:There's been a few "Scott Stapps" with poor grammar and use of abbreviations like the real one so its hard to know in fact if Stapp has posted anything there. Wouldn't doubt it considering the other crap he's put out lately
I think that shows that it's not him posting those comments if the person is using poor grammar, because Scott has used perfect grammar in all of his posts so far on his Facebook page. The drugs haven't seemed to affect his ability to write.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

No matter what Scott may have done, he's always been gifted and creative linguistically (also in his video statements he appeared very eloquent to me). Heck, even when he had all these alcohol excesses years ago, he managed to euphemize it by calling himself "allergic to alcohol" :lol

Some of these supposed Scott Stapps out there certainly don't seem to have this talent :bored