Scott Stapp Public Statement (Updated: On Nightline Tonight)

A place for all Creed discussion.
chtimixeur
On The Rail

Re: Scott Stapp Public Statement

Post by chtimixeur »

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

He does look like his mouth has started to sink in a bit. I truly hope he gets help

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Really weird. He definitely doesn't look like he's on drugs in the videos. I don't know how someone who's on drugs could hide it that well. I didn't think he looked bad physically either.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

creed009 wrote:
abw1987 wrote:Wow... so Scott has been defrauded by his record label, he's had millions of dollars stolen from his bank accounts (an incident that the banks apparently have no interest in rectifying), and his family is nowhere to be found. And he thinks he's going to solve this by opening up a case at the local police station?

The dude is delusional, paranoid, whatever you want to call it. He needs help, and unfortunately not in the way that he thinks.
He said in the interview with the Canadian radio station that he went to a psychiatrist and was given a clean bill of health. He also said that he had blood tests done three straight weeks which proved that he wasn't using drugs. If he can produce that evidence and confirm it, then it looks like he may be telling the truth.
If he's experiencing paranoid delusions or otherwise hallucinating, he could very well think that he did those things. He does sound very coherent, and it is entirely possible that he's telling the truth, but I don't think we can believe a word he says at this point. Best case, he's not lying, but he's not telling us the whole story.
Fish Tacos wrote:I think another main point here is the lack of legal representation. Text messages aside, if this was legit, any lawyer with this type of corporate/financial specialization that was worth their salt would be jumping at this opportunity to gain a client that just lost $50M. Stapp himself said that they're usually interested upfront then give him a song and dance after he talks to them for a bit.

If the lawyers don't want to get involved with all this 'inside info' we haven't seen, they definitely see his stance as having no merit. At least, that's how I see it.
EXACTLY

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

There's another significant question I guess Stapp didn't have any explanation for: Why has he cancelled his tour and shortly after that had to leave his house? Did he ever mention, that his wife forced him to go? I can't remember that. And why would she do that in his opinion? Without an information on how all this came about, it's really hard to believe him.

I hope Jaclyn doesn't fail to help him, as it was her plan to get in contact according to an article from today.

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

Watching this interview from April again, I wonder how things can change so much within six months: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OApf4FkRyHA

I also met Scott and Jaclyn on the European tour this year and their were really cool and Stapp put on a great show. Nothing seemed to be wrong, they even considered coming back to Europe in fall.

So probably these drug rumors are true, that could at least explain a few things..

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

Sorry for another post from me, but in case you didn't see it:

Mark on Twitter:
"I know everyone is very worried about Scott, I am as well. I tried reaching out but didn't have any success. I will keep trying but I think it would be best to keep such personal matters off social media."

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Finaldecision wrote:Watching this interview from April again, I wonder how things can change so much within six months: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OApf4FkRyHA

I also met Scott and Jaclyn on the European tour this year and their were really cool and Stapp put on a great show. Nothing seemed to be wrong, they even considered coming back to Europe in fall.

So probably these drug rumors are true, that could at least explain a few things..
Like some people have said, maybe he has bipolar disorder. People who have that are perfectly normal for a while but then just go through periods where they go completely insane.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Such a shame. He's completely ruined his career and whatever reputation he had left.

~Fallen Angel~
TABN.com Citizen

Post by ~Fallen Angel~ »

Guy's. He has lost it. They took down all the vids now and the news is saying he is on a hold now. He def lost it. Anyone catch the 3rd video? Fuck i wish i saved it. He was talking how isis was out to get him and told jagger to keep his head up blah blahhhh. Was standing outside the police staition talking just filming himself.
Showed the card with the case #. I really hope he can be helped. He is very disturbed right now.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

~Fallen Angel~ wrote:Guy's. He has lost it. They took down all the vids now and the news is saying he is on a hold now.
Where is that news? I thought what I read is that the 72 hour hold was something that happened a couple weeks ago?

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

~Fallen Angel~ wrote:Anyone catch the 3rd video? Fuck i wish i saved it. He was talking how isis was out to get him and told jagger to keep his head up blah blahhhh. Was standing outside the police staition talking just filming himself.
I watched the video and don't remember him saying anything about that. I just heard him mostly complain about how the government has been taking God out of public schools.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Vids are on YouTube.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/pxxtmhVtEwk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/1JxLyCaSNoE[/youtube]

He "was" on hold but it says Jaclyn released him & is trying to convince him to get help.

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

Once he's in the hold, no one can release him for 72 hours.
The way I read it is that she tried to initiate a second hold, but decided to forgo it.
So he had one back in early November.

Maybe he isn't using, but he is definitely dealing with untreated mental illness. As for 'he doesn't look high" 11+ years of drug abuse causes a person to become very good at functioning.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

From Scott:
I'm going to step back and let God control everything from here on. I should have continued to do that before I allowed my hurt, frustration, and emotions take control and post those videos. All I can say is that the truth will set you (me) free, and I'm holding on to Jeremiah 29:11 and Isaiah 44:8. This is a test of faith, and I will NEVER give up or lose my faith. No matter what. This will be my last statement until after justice is served. Love to you all my friends.
Now playing, Led Zeppelin, "Achilles Last Stand"

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

It seems strange to me that apparently his wife is publicly talking about all of this, telling TMZ all this stuff. That seems unlike her, as it seems like she's wanted to keep everything private in the past. I don't know why she would want to tell gossip websites like that all this stuff. This whole thing just seems really bizarre.

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

As far as I can tell, I think everything is stuff in the divorce filing and police reports. I don't believe she's speaking out to anyone like TMZ.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Maybe so, it just seemed like TMZ made it sound like she had been talking to them.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

That's what they like to do.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Creed has to work, even if just for financial purposes, or Stapp is gonna end up killing himself. Watch and see. He (apparently) has lost his wife, kids, home, all his money, what's he got left to live for?
I dunno about you guys, but if I was one of the most successful frontman, EVER, and lost it all, I'd for sure kill myself. From what I can gather, Stapp has literally nothing left aside from his Faith.