Tremonti: Creed is furthest thing from my mind

A place for all Creed discussion.
JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Not a surprise but I thought I'd post it.

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/20 ... om-my-mind
The guitarist is laying down vocals on what will be his self-titled project's follow-up to 2012's All I Was. He fronts the band that includes Wolfgang Van Halen on bass, drummer Garrett Whitlock and second guitarist Eric Friedman, who has also worked with Creed.

As well as his solo work, Tremonti has his hands full with Alter Bridge – which includes Creed drummer Scott 'Flip' Phillips and Creed bassist Brian Marshall.

And according to Tremonti, he and the various Creed alumni he regularly works with haven't spoken to frontman Scott Stapp since their 2012 comeback tour. An album was said to be in the works at the time, but never materialised.

He says: "We haven't spoken with Scott since the last tour years ago. Me, Flip and Brian haven't talked about doing it, we're just content with doing Alter Bridge and we're busy as hell doing the Tremonti stuff.

"I've got a full plate at the moment and I'm perfectly happy with where I'm at. There's no plans right now."

Tremonti recently described Wolfgang Van Halen as the "best of the best" as a bass guitarist and said fans would notice a big difference in the tightness of the rhythm section on the second Tremonti record.

Meanwhile, Stapp has been out on tour in support of his own solo album Proof Of Life. Earlier this year, he spoke candidly about the brush with death that led him to get clean and sober.
I guess they didn't get the memo about Scott cutting corners & canceling his tour.

nagpo
On The Rail

Re: Tremonti: Creed is furthest thing from my mind

Post by nagpo »

doesn't surprise me.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Can you blame him?

I'd feel the exact same way if I were in his shoes

It's become apparent that Stapp didn't take Creed or his solo project seriously after they reunited

Creed is my first love, but I think it may be time to put it to rest, for good. The legacy was already kinda ruined after they got back together, don't make it even worse

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Got a pm from one of the Army of 12 admins on Facebook about this. He told me that Classic Rock Mag likes to twists his words to make headlines & that he never mentioned Stapp or Creed. So... just pretend like this was never posted. lol

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

wow. isn't doing that shit illegal?

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

he probably gets asked about creed all the time and wanted to sorta over-exaggerate what he thinks about creed to ease the flow of questions he gets about it. I'm sure he thinks about it all the time. Its his job. Music is on his mind all the time. Obviously, AB and TII are priority, but he's lying if he said he hasn't thought about it unless there is more to the situation than we've been told.

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

Not too sure about your source, Jared but the official AB Facebook page just shared the article. I don't think Tremonti would let be shared if it's not even what he really said.
~{AB fan - Go Tops! #WKU}~
”I’ll rest my eyes and let the earth breathe”

RavishingRik
On The Rail

Post by RavishingRik »

I can't see another Creed reunion happening anytime soon.

For me the best thing Creed did was introduce me to Alter Bridge.

It's nice to look back on Creed.

The way I see it, is that Creed is the past and Alter Bridge is the future.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

As much as I hate to admit it I think that may be the case. I just wish we could get one last album out of them.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

What about the material they worked on in 2012 or something? That was supposed to be Creed V.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Creed V would only be good if Stapp's vocals were respectable and the songwriting fit Creed

His voice sucks now, he refused to take care of it properly, and every time I hear one of his songs I can't help but cringe

If some miracle happened and he got it back to at least the Weathered-era vocally then I'd be the prez of getting them back together, but I don't see that happening
Last edited by facelessman07 on Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Did any of us think he felt any other way? Move along. Nothing to see here.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

I think that this is pretty sad that they can't get along. I'm sure Stapp could use some good influence now. Maybe not professionally but a friendship between them could be good

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I'd love a new Creed record, but only if they were all behind it and put their best efforts in it.. I wouldn't really care for a Full Circle II.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

In all honesty Stapp may still be struggling with his demons so it's obviously the better choice to not even consider doing anything Creed related until Stapp gets him self straight

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

If I'm not mistaken, Mark's borther is running Alter Bridge's Facebook page.
If that's the case, he's proven once again that he's not fit for the job, and that's he's a big liability.

As to Creed, well, it's no surprise for anyone who's been listening to Mark's and Stapp's interviews since late 2012. They can't stand each other, and won't make the simple effort to call each other and have an honest talk about Creed. They are both being hypocrites about the situation, and they're ruining Creed's legacy yet again in the process.

"The whole is greater than the sum of its parts".
It applies to Creed, but both guys don't get it and won't make any effort to please their fanbase. It's a shame they don't realize they were in one of the most promising rock bands ever, and that they ruined everything because of egos and a lack of communication. We'll never hear the 2 or 3 masterpieces Creed should have released in the 2000's, and that really pisses me off sometimes.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

I saw where Michael shared it lol I wouldn't take that as Mark saying the headline is 100% correct though. Basically.. the meat of the article is correct but they like to twist headlines to gain attention.

These are the other 2 that they've done on Mark with a negative spin.

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/20 ... -van-halen

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/20 ... sh-simmons

Reply from Mark about the VH article:
https://twitter.com/MarkTremonti/status ... 8585133056

WkdSelina
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WkdSelina »

And look who the author of each article is STEF LACH....! Bass player for Logan....

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

JaredWard wrote:I saw where Michael shared it lol I wouldn't take that as Mark saying the headline is 100% correct though. Basically.. the meat of the article is correct but they like to twist headlines to gain attention.
The headline "twists" his words in the sense that he didn't say those exact words in that exact order. But I think it accurately captures the story and Mark's feelings about Creed. There is nothing inherently inaccurate about it, just because he didn't use those exact words.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

it's still not professional .