Stapp Cancels His Tour

A place for all Creed discussion.
Seeker_1306
TABN.com Citizen

Stapp Cancels His Tour

Post by Seeker_1306 »

From his twitter page:
Due to Scott's health the upcoming tour has been cancelled. Tickets will be refunded.
Hope everything is OK with him. It's been very quiet from his camp here lately.

Micky
On The Rail

Re: Stapp Cancels His Tour

Post by Micky »

Hope all is well with Stapp. Last time his tour was cancelled due to health reasons, i'm pretty sure i read in his book that he checked himself into betty ford. hope he's staying strong and didnt fall off the wagon again, if thats the case.
Thanks Andy!

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

Hope it wasn't alcohol

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Hope he's okay..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Hopefully it wasn't due to any substances

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

There are worse health issues than falling off the wagon (just saying).
If he started drinking again, I'm pretty sure he'll get things sorted out pretty quickly. His wife has always supported him, and you can be sure she'll be there to help him whatever the issue is.

I just hope he's OK and that he's not battling with a deep depression once again (it would be very likely considering the lack of success of his solo career).
It still feels like June 2011 all over again, though.

Seeker_1306
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Seeker_1306 »

Something else that's strange is that Jaclyn has deleted her Facebook page.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

This really sucks. Keep the guy in your prayers for sure.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Update from Scott:
Friends,

I wanted to let you know that I postponed the Nov leg of the Proof of Live Tour because I began to cut some corners in my recovery. There are some health priorities that I need to address so I can be the best Husband and Father I can be. Everyday, someone dies because they cut a couple corners with their sobriety. I love you all very much and I'll keep you updated on the new dates, new music, and 2015.

Thank you
Scott
Honestly, I think taking the time to be honest with fans shows that he has grown over the years. Sure, he still makes mistakes, but that takes some guts to be open about relapsing (even though that's what most of us assumed had happened). I hope for the best for the guy.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

He should use Baclofen if he really wants to stop drinking.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baclofen
It DOES work (even though I think you have to take 20 to 40 pills A DAY !), but it can have some side effects in the beginning (e.g. drowsiness). I've seen a documentary once where a lowlife drunk too it for a few months, and ended up drinking water, because she "didn't feel the need" to drink alcohol anymore. She was just done with it, for good.

If Stapp can't stop drinking for good with AA, I guess that's the only therapeutic way to go now.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I love that he capitalized Husband and Father..

Anyway, I wish him all the luck. I really wonder if the rest of Creed has any contact with him to support him. Especially Brian, because he's struggled with it too.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I highly doubt he's had any contact with the Creed members since late 2012.
Maybe that's part of the equation.
As many have stated before me, Stapp has felt abandoned at many points in his life (by his father, then by Creed, then by his family, then by Creed again), and that may be one of the reasons he's fallen into depression (and alcohol) at such a young age.

Playing shows in front of "only" a couple of hundred people a night sure won't help him feel any better. He's been one of the most successful singers in the planet for a while, and 15 years later, look where he's at. He's playing fairs and festivals in the middle of afternoon, and his solo album is not being as succesful as he had hoped it would be. When success isn't there anymore, and your former bandmates and so-called "friends" won't even talk to you or wish you a happy birthday via Twitter, drinking your problems away can sound like a very good idea... It's sad but true.

Maybe it's time for him to move on from the music scene for good, and start a new life where he won't have those ups and downs again and again in the future. We've had enough rock stars dying from substance abuse over the years, and I don't want Stapp to be one of them in the next 10 years.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

"Everyday, someone dies because they cut a couple corners with their sobriety. "

WTF did he really just throw that in?

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Trying to get a point across i guess
Thanks Timo!

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

Just part of being a recovery alcoholic. This will not be last time he falls of the wagon. He is fortunate to have a supporting family. It would be a lot worse if he didn't have support system.

I can see why Tremonti is taking his solo career so seriously. Creed is a huge risk. Too much risk with Stapp and his sobriety.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

AB23 wrote:"Everyday, someone dies because they cut a couple corners with their sobriety. "

WTF did he really just throw that in?
Truth Bro

Wylde 1919
Bought The CDs

Post by Wylde 1919 »

Sad to see, but why does everyone have to make it seem as if Mark, Flip, and Brian are the root to his problems. Stapp, as someone mentioned above, should try to get a new revenue source, because he is going to just keep falling if he stays in the music biz. I don't know his finances, but if he has enough to get out he should. Maybe dedicate his life to helping others with addiction, and taking responsibility with ones actions.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Wylde 1919 wrote:Sad to see, but why does everyone have to make it seem as if Mark, Flip, and Brian are the root to his problems. Stapp, as someone mentioned above, should try to get a new revenue source, because he is going to just keep falling if he stays in the music biz. I don't know his finances, but if he has enough to get out he should. Maybe dedicate his life to helping others with addiction, and taking responsibility with ones actions.
I don't necessarily see why it's the case that Scott would be less likely to relapse if he got out of the music business. If anything, it might make him more likely to relapse, because he would be giving up something that he loves. He didn't relapse during his most recent tour, unless it was going on back in August as well and he just didn't tell anyone.

Wylde 1919
Bought The CDs

Post by Wylde 1919 »

The pressures of the business, and trying to stay relevant can make one relapse over and over. Jani Lane of Warrant is case in point, as he once said said trying to get past being the Cherry Pie guy just never happened. In the end he just couldn't take it, and let the demons get him. Steven Adler can't stay clean because of his depression, and wanting the phone to ring and have W. Axl Rose on the other end to say lets go. Scott's reputation in business, is that of unreliability, maybe if when Creed broke up the first time, he tried to move on past Creed form something new it may have worked. Instead he lived off the, no pun intended, the Bread Of Shame too long. Mark, Flip, and Brian dug in and forged a new identity, not wanting the past to be their futures. They don't need Creed as bad as Scott, and his solo career is case in point. I'm not a hater of Scotts, and his situation hits close to home, I have a brother who constantly fights the fight.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

@Wylde 1919 : good post, man.
You're spot on about Stapp needing Creed more than anyone.
He made a stupid mistake when he started touring as "Scott Stapp, the singer of Creed".
He should have started another band (without any reference to Stapp or Creed in its name) right after the first Creed breakup, and forged a new identity as you mentioned in your post.
Now, he's unfortunately paying the consequences.
He'll probably be "that dude from Creed" up until he dies.

PS : Alter Bridge made one of the most clever decisions in their career when they refused to play any Creed songs in 2004, even during the encore.