Re: Scott Stapp Interview and Performance with Planet Rock

Post by nagpo »

stapp should start a new band with eric friedman

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

No way.
Eric Friedman is completely overrated. He's just Mark's buddy, but that doesn't mean he's any good with a guitar.
I'll start respecting that guy musically when he writes a couple of good songs without Mark's help.
So far, he's proven nothing as a composer IMO.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

chtimixeur wrote:No way.
Eric Friedman is completely overrated. He's just Mark's buddy, but that doesn't mean he's any good with a guitar.
I'll start respecting that guy musically when he writes a couple of good songs without Mark's help.
So, long story short, you're a Eric Friedman fan? :D

ALTERSTEVE
Isolated

Post by ALTERSTEVE »

He co-wrote many songs with Submersed without Mark's help.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I said GOOD songs ;)

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

In Due Time has some GREAT songs. He also co-wrote with Daughters Of Mara on 'I Am Destroyer'.. which has some great stuff. If anything he's underrated.

Back to the topic.. I would love to see Scott start a side project/super group to compensate for Creed not being around anymore. The solo stuff alone is okay but Proof of Life has been nothing but a dud for the most part.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Endorsed by Fender at 15, no good with a guitar. :lol
Photobucket cash grab.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

JaredWard wrote:I would love to see Scott start a side project/super group to compensate for Creed not being around anymore. The solo stuff alone is okay but Proof of Life has been nothing but a dud for the most part.
+1
But I doubt there are many well-known musicians who would agree to work with him for a long period of time.
The guy is widely considered as a washed-up singer, and no one seems to care about him anymore in the industry. It's like everyone is trying to forget Creed ever existed.

I don't think his solo career is ever going to be succesful, and it's not like Creed is coming back anytime soon. As I said a few months ago, I think it may be time for Scott to consider doing something else with his life. He's only 40, and he could still have a nice career outside of the music business. After all, he said in 1999 that he would like Creed to call it quits after 6 succesful albums...
I want to be to rock 'n' roll what Jordan is to basketball. I want to be consistent, and I want people to know that every time they buy a Creed record it's gonna be a good one from the first song to the last song. Then, when it's my time to go, I want to leave when I'm on top. I never want to have to bail because I suck. I want my final album to go multi-platinum and then say, "Hey, the bands done six albums, we're done. Later." I want to be able to say that we've given everything we can to make our last record the best we can, and then go on to something else

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

JaredWard wrote:Back to the topic.. I would love to see Scott start a side project/super group to compensate for Creed not being around anymore. The solo stuff alone is okay but Proof of Life has been nothing but a dud for the most part.
Proof of Life has actually done well on the Christian charts.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

^Oh I know.. but if he wants any mainstream success he needs Creed or another band with decent names.

Seeker_1306
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Seeker_1306 »

I've said it for years that I think he should switch to full-time Christian rock. I think it would be a good fit for him at this point in his career.