Finally the Truth about Creed's Second Breakup

A place for all Creed discussion.
willy5150
TABN.com Citizen

Re: Finally the Truth about Creed's Second Breakup

Post by willy5150 »

How can we believe the Stapp iinterview, after all the stuff he has been talking about..Com'on. He works for CIA..ISIS is hunting him..Really

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Guys, I'm no fan of Stapp these days, but let's refrain from mocking his mental condition.
Fish Tacos wrote:Not to necropost
LMAO - never heard this before.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

For those who have not seen this Kerrang interview in the Tremonti subforum, here it is.
Turning the topic to Creed for a moment, last year must have been very stressful with Scott. Did you find out like everyone else?
“I just saw it going down with everyone else. People don’t understand that I haven’t been a close associate or friend of Scott’s for nine years or however long it’s been? We did one record, one tour but we were on different buses, we hardly spoke during that time. It’s not like I know his personal life anymore. People ask, ‘Are you gonna do Creed?’ This and that. I’ve just gotten to the point with my life where I’ve got so much going on that I’m excited about that I don’t want to get back into anything that’s stressful or brings any kind of negativity into my life. I think I’ve worked hard enough to have other positive things to work on.”

So you don’t see Creed being a part of your future?
“You never say never but… last time it took seven years for us to be like, ‘How does it feel?'”

Did you enjoy reforming Creed?
“The beginnings of it were fun. What happened was the Alter Bridge stuff… I think Scott just thought that we’d get back together with Creed and we’d forget about Alter Bridge. He doesn’t understand how hard we’ve worked to build Alter Bridge. When you singlehandedly bring a band to its knees like he had done, and we all split up, and then you build something, you’re not all of a sudden going to just jump back to the other band and forget what you’ve built. So I think he expected us to do that. Especially me. I think he took all his frustrations on me. I think it all came down to [one time when] we were having lunch in catering. He was like, ‘Hey man, what are you doing in January,’ and I’m like, ‘I’m going to the studio with Alter Bridge, we’ve talked about this.’ He’s like, ‘Really?’ From then on we didn’t speak. On tour. On stage. Didn’t speak.”

For how long?
“The whole rest of the South American tour…”

You didn’t speak at all?
“Didn’t speak at all… except one argument. He yelled at me one day but that was it. So… yeah. It was very awkward. I’ve got friends who don’t know any better in Orlando who’re like, ‘Why don’t you get Creed back together? You can go out and play for thousands and thousands of people!’ And they don’t understand how complicated it is.”

It speaks a lot of your character that you’re turning down a no-brainer financially?
“It’s definitely not a no-brainer. It’s a lot of history there.”

Do you wish Creed could work?
“I’m proud of what we did back then, that’s not to say I’m not just as proud of what I’ve done since. I think I’m a better songwriter, better guitar player, better everything. I’ve worked hard over the years. When I hear those old songs, I like the core or the essence of the songwriting, the passion we had back then. But I feel like we were just kids.”
Some great questions, and some honest answers from Mark.
Now we know what happened.