Wind-Up sold Creed to Bicycle

A place for all Creed discussion.
Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Wind-Up sold Creed to Bicycle

Post by Them Bones »

Jim wrote:At the end of day; Stapp has developed an irreversibly poor reputation within the music world. There's not alot else to say about the situation

I think that poor reputation is more instigated by others, than developed by himself. I see him screwing up more now than he did back when he was apparently an asshole yet he is kinda respected a little more now than he was. That asshole sure did write some of the best poems ever.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I don't think poor reputations are irreversible. Look at artists like John Mayer, I think it's safe to say that he had a really bad reputation (in America) after some things he said a few years back (though I think people were overreacting, but whatever). Yet he keeps writing honest and impressive music and his fans love him for that. Even those fans admit he's kind of a douchebag sometimes, but at least he's real. Stapp's not real and neither is his new music.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

A bad reputation is a bad reputation. Blaming whoever for it doesn't really matter, a reputation within the media is something that usually sticks with the majority.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Jim wrote:A bad reputation is a bad reputation. Blaming whoever for it doesn't really matter, a reputation within the media is something that usually sticks with the majority.

Not the point I was making, not trying to lay the blame, just pointing out a possibility, and trying to show a different side to this entire Stapp scene that a lot obviously have overseen. Yeah, people are idiots following what certain critics or media have to say instead of probably seeing for what it is, but that doesn't mean all have to stick by what media thinks of a certain individual. Not trying to say that Stapp was not at fault either, just that it may have been overblown way out of proportion than it was, not knowing anything that happened behind the scenes.

You know the society can kinda ruin your life for no or very less fault of yours sometimes. Thats how we humans are. Its a dirty dirty world. Happened to Layne Staley, except that he was loved otherwise but the media. He was forced into a depression apart from all that he did to himself. Nobody had the right to drag his personal life to public and stamp on it, all was done to get attention and increase TRPs and what not, not very cool you know.

Edit: Watch Pearl jam twenty if anyone hasn't already, Pearl Jam dealt with their issues quite good as compared to a lotta other bands. All the pressures and arguments(pertaining to who is in control of the band) etc, they did a good job. Creed blew up cuz they let the pressures get to them, and not just Stapp, all the others were a good part of it all.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Them Bones wrote:That asshole sure did write some of the best poems ever.
Stapp?
For all of the hope that it brings...

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Ubik wrote:
Them Bones wrote:That asshole sure did write some of the best poems ever.
Stapp?

yeah, ain't he the commonly accepted asshole on these boards?

Even if Stapp was an asshole back int the day, he sure din't come like one on stage and while writing those songs. Like a few have said here, I'd have that arrogant asshole anyday over this pussy sober lost Stapp.