Wind-Up sold Creed to Bicycle

A place for all Creed discussion.
austin.
On The Rail

Re: Wind-Up sold Creed to Bicycle

Post by austin. »

I refrained from derailing the thread and it still happened.

+1 for me.

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

austin. wrote:I refrained from derailing the thread and it still happened.

+1 for me.
A+

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I miss old Creed. Was watching some videos from 2002 and man Creed truly were the best then. The aura and stage presence they had was like nothing Ive ever seen out of a rock band. Seas of people all moving and singing every word. Stapp was always on fire.
I dont see how anyone can say they weren't the best Rock act of their time. You can watch shows from 97-02 and 99% of them are flawless.
Time and growing old sucks.

They'll never replicate what they once were. Maybe it's just time to move on. Call it a day. Call it success, failure, whatever you may have it. But this "reborn Creed" just doesn't do it for me.

Off topic but we're already way off the tracks...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

austin. wrote:I miss old Creed. Was watching some videos from 2002 and man Creed truly were the best then. The aura and stage presence they had was like nothing Ive ever seen out of a rock band. Seas of people all moving and singing every word. Stapp was always on fire.
I dont see how anyone can say they weren't the best Rock act of their time. You can watch shows from 97-02 and 99% of them are flawless.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/fVcNxm5EFZ0[/youtube]
Most awkward video on Youtube..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I made sure to leave 1% open for videos like this lol

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

austin. wrote:Was watching some videos from 2002 and man Creed truly were the best then.
austin. wrote:I dont see how anyone can say they weren't the best Rock act of their time.
Best? Hmm, I'm not sure. They were the biggest/most popular at that time, for sure, but I don't know about best.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I guess "best" is purely subjective to preference.
Biggest/most popular is what I was looking for.
Biggest seems to fit better.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

I will say that seeing Creed in Pittsburgh in the summer of 2002 is still easily one of, if not my favorite concert that I ever went to. Unfortunately, that also made their comeback show in Pittsburgh in the summer of 2009 that much more disappointing for me too.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

I think Creed were the best of their time, apart from being the biggest. Yeah people can sling mud and say they were commercial and all of that, fact is, the band was making serious music, quite unique imo and the lyrics were brilliant. Stapp's stage presence especially was amazing and his voice had immense power and range. Its like he took a 180 degree turn, he is so odd these days. He was pretty good at reaching out to people for the most part of his career from 98-02 and Mark wasn't over analysing his writing, you could tell he was writing straight from the heart. The songs had theatrical elements and had substance more than most of the artists of their time. Again, its not really about a competition or who's better than who, but they were quite good for a hard rock band at the time. The band's career from 98-02 is timeless. They just fell into being dragged by a senseless hate wagon. That article that came out recently titled "Creed wrongly maligned and quite underrated" said it best. They were underrated talent wise. Wrongly maligned for sure. If anything, a lot of people(critics) had a lotta praise for Creed's reunion, when the second coming of Creed was not impressive at all imo.

It was painful to watch those 2009 tour videos. All of it was bad, Stapp's voice was the worst part of it. When Stapp was all naturally flowing and slithering to the music back in the day, almost possessed, he came putting forceful acts during the reunion. The guy din't seem comfortable in his own skin.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Timotheus wrote:
austin. wrote:I miss old Creed. Was watching some videos from 2002 and man Creed truly were the best then. The aura and stage presence they had was like nothing Ive ever seen out of a rock band. Seas of people all moving and singing every word. Stapp was always on fire.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/fVcNxm5EFZ0[/youtube]
Most awkward video on Youtube..

:)
[youtube]http://youtu.be/CxQMqLN0tlw[/youtube]

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Stapp's vocals at the Olympics were dreadful. I guess the meds he took after his car crash were the main reason for his voice deterioration.
Them Bones wrote:I think Creed were the best of their time, apart from being the biggest. Yeah people can sling mud and say they were commercial and all of that, fact is, the band was making serious music, quite unique imo and the lyrics were brilliant. Stapp's stage presence especially was amazing and his voice had immense power and range. Its like he took a 180 degree turn, he is so odd these days. He was pretty good at reaching out to people for the most part of his career from 98-02 and Mark wasn't over analysing his writing, you could tell he was writing straight from the heart. The songs had theatrical elements and had substance more than most of the artists of their time. Again, its not really about a competition or who's better than who, but they were quite good for a hard rock band at the time. The band's career from 98-02 is timeless. They just fell into being dragged by a senseless hate wagon. That article that came out recently titled "Creed wrongly maligned and quite underrated" said it best. They were underrated talent wise. Wrongly maligned for sure. If anything, a lot of people(critics) had a lotta praise for Creed's reunion, when the second coming of Creed was not impressive at all imo.

It was painful to watch those 2009 tour videos. All of it was bad, Stapp's voice was the worst part of it. When Stapp was all naturally flowing and slithering to the music back in the day, almost possessed, he came putting forceful acts during the reunion. The guy din't seem comfortable in his own skin.
Good post, as usual ;)

alterbridge86
Brand New Start

Post by alterbridge86 »

Speaking of slithering around...how about the wandering headbang...check out 3:27...it starts innocent enough but keep watching lol

[youtube]http://youtu.be/LDReANoM9AY[/youtube]

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

alterbridge86 wrote:Speaking of slithering around...how about the wandering headbang...check out 3:27...it starts innocent enough but keep watching lol

[youtube]http://youtu.be/LDReANoM9AY[/youtube]

that entire Creed Tempe bootleg is one of the finest performances I have ever seen by any band and trust me, I've seen a LOT.

Brian wrote the main bass line/riff to this song, man this is insane. What a performance:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/WIeOpvJR7b8[/youtube]

How does any of this sound "Commercial". HOW?

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

stapp owning that stage damn

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I wouldn't mind seeing them reunite if Stapp got back to that level. It's insane how good of a performer and singer he was back then compared to now.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Everything, I mean everything is so much better if it's done from the heart, if it's for the money, it's just BS.

If Creed ever gets back again, I hope they bury the hatchet (mostly Mark and Stapp) and be the good, ol' Creed everyone liked.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Timotheus wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing them reunite if Stapp got back to that level. It's insane how good of a performer and singer he was back then compared to now.

The thing is Stapp's confidence is shaken. When Creed started out, media wasn't hating him, his band mates weren't hating him, half the public wasn't hating him. There was support, he was loved. You need confidence to perform like that. And he clearly doesn't have it any more.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

He brought it on himself.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Jim wrote:He brought it on himself.

I agree.

I believe it was partly him, and it was part jealousy and divisions caused by others in the band. It is very common for misunderstandings to creep in between best of friends. About the hate by Media, how exactly did he bring that upon himself? He was a great performer and writer, not preaching back in the day, yet he was labeled so. A lot of times a person is hated upon for no genuine reason, but cuz there is a trend, because someone else is hating, so it must be right. I gave you this example before, Cornell insulted Creed stating they are sell outs for writing Higher, Cornell went on and released Scream. While we have heard so much shit about him, John Kurzweg had a different stance, he did mention in one of the interviews when he was asked about Creed's last days, he did say that it wasn't supposed to go down that way, there was no real reason for it to happen but misunderstandings.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

At the end of day; Stapp has developed an irreversibly poor reputation within the music world. There's not alot else to say about the situation