Wind-Up sold Creed to Bicycle

A place for all Creed discussion.
AHart96
Rise Today

Re: Wind-Up sold Creed to Bicycle

Post by AHart96 »

Ubik wrote:
Ashlee wrote:I have found my people.

I've been saying I didn't like AB III for three years. I normally just get death threats in response.
On this forum? Frequently gets called the worst they've put out, I'm definitely in a minority of folk who thinks it's their second best.
I'm with you. So many good songs on ABIII, my second favorite behind Fortress
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

RuRo wrote:
Ubik wrote:

I've been saying I didn't like AB III for three years. I normally just get death threats in response.
On this forum? Frequently gets called the worst they've put out, I'm definitely in a minority of folk who thinks it's their second best.
Yeah, a lot of posts I see on this forum say that AB III isn't that good and seem to just assume everyone else doesn't like it much as well. Maybe it's just a few people saying the same thing a lot though, I don't know, but on this forum it seems like more of a controversial opinion to think AB III is great than to not like it. It's still the album with the strongest "low points" to me, and only the presence of the big three of Fortress makes me rank it above AB III as Alter Bridge's second best.
Just out of curiousity, what do you consider the big three? I'm pretty sure it's universally agreed upon that the book-ends are 2, what's the third in your opinion?
Rock Never Dies

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

AHart96 wrote:
Ubik wrote:

I'm with you. So many good songs on ABIII, my second favorite behind Fortress
On this forum, in 2010. You did not want to say you didn't like AB III. And you def. do not want to say it on the Fret12 FB. lol

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Yeah I just joined a couple months before AB III came out, and like 2 people said they didn't like AB III. It was a massacre. :lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

Andy92 wrote:Yeah I just joined a couple months before AB III came out, and like 2 people said they didn't like AB III. It was a massacre. :lol

THANK YOU. lol :beer

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

AHart96 wrote: Just out of curiousity, what do you consider the big three? I'm pretty sure it's universally agreed upon that the book-ends are 2, what's the third in your opinion?
I always thought the big three are Cry of Achilles, Calm the Fire, and the title track.

Boy, we are really diving off on the main topic here aren't we? What else can we talk about regarding this whole thing? Is Wind-Up finally going to go down after selling these rights or something?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Ashlee wrote:
Andy92 wrote:Yeah I just joined a couple months before AB III came out, and like 2 people said they didn't like AB III. It was a massacre. :lol

THANK YOU. lol :beer
Lol yeah apparently I hit a good time to join not long after the Creed reunion and all that. :lol

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

AHart96 wrote:Just out of curiousity, what do you consider the big three? I'm pretty sure it's universally agreed upon that the book-ends are 2, what's the third in your opinion?
Yeah, it's probably not so obvious since it doesn't seem to be as universally highly regarded as the other two any more, but I was thinking of Calm The Fire.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

RuRo wrote:
AHart96 wrote:Just out of curiousity, what do you consider the big three? I'm pretty sure it's universally agreed upon that the book-ends are 2, what's the third in your opinion?
Yeah, it's probably not so obvious since it doesn't seem to be as universally highly regarded as the other two any more, but I was thinking of Calm The Fire.
That's what I was thinking too. Was just wondering because some people have put songs like Bleed it Dry, Lover, and Waters Rising in that group
Rock Never Dies

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I always thought AB's big three were Blackbird, Cry of Achilles and Fortress. But off of just fortress, CTF would definitely deserve to be there with CoA and Fortress
Thanks Timo!

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

anguyen92,

Dude, I'm digging the corgi. I've got one, she's my chick magnet lol

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

As great as the Blackbird album is, I listen to it the least. I'm definately an ABIII lover. And I usually listen to it all the way through on long drives. I can't rate it quite as high as BB musically, but I personally like it better.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

austinjhnsn wrote:I always thought AB's big three were Blackbird, Cry of Achilles and Fortress. But off of just fortress, CTF would definitely deserve to be there with CoA and Fortress
Blackbird, Metalingus, Fortress?

Blackbird, Cry Of Achilles, Open Your Eyes?

Rise Today, Blackbird, Fortress?

Metalingus, Blackbird, Cry Of Achilles?

Who knows eh

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

For me, the big three are Blackbird, Achilles, and Fortress. If epic is what they want, these are the most epic tracks in their catalog.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Metalingus is arguably their biggest song though, even more so than Blackbird.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Yeah, Metalingus is their best song.. right there, after the likes of Blackbird, Cry Of Achilles, Fortress, Calm The Fire, Open Your Eyes, Brand New Start, New Way To Live, etc... :lol

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Never said best. But it's probably their most well known.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Shit, that was a mistake on my part. I read it as 'best'. I apologize.

Yeah, it is definitely their most well known song... Because of Edge. Haven't really listened to it since he left the WWE.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

No biggie. I don't think many AB songs are that well known honestly. You either don't really know any songs, or you know the whole catalog. :lol

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Love how a Creed thread gets taken over by Alter Bridge. You guys rock :cheers
Rock Never Dies