Creed Broken Up Again???

A place for all Creed discussion.
jripper420

Creed Broken Up Again???

Post by jripper420 »

This is a piece of a recent interview with Stapp about the new Creed album. Really sheds light on the fact that the problem isnt Stapp anymore. Obviously Mark has some issues this time around. What a shame....

http://www.fuse.tv/2013/11/scott-stapp- ... se+Latest)

I’ve read conflicting reports of a new Creed album. What’s the status of that now?

I was ready to make a record in 2012 and thank God that things didn’t work out the way they were planned because I never would’ve made this record and I needed to for myself as an artist and human being. But it’s always out there. There are some things that are standing in the way that… [pauses] You’d really have to ask [Creed guitarist Mark] Tremonti about that. I really don’t see anything new from Creed coming in the near future. There’s a lot of things that need to be resolved, but I can stand here with a clear conscious and say that my side of the street is clean. Mark has a lot of things that he has to deal with within himself and with his EGO and life before there could ever be anything with Creed in the future.

But you’d want to record again if the circumstances were right?

[Pauses] If the circumstances were right and some things changed on his end and it could be an organic, positive situation like it was when we started and it’s just about the love for music and creativity, it would be all good. I can’t function as a healthy human being around people who aren’t that way. When they get that way, I’m all for it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Re: Creed Broken Up Again???

Post by nagpo »

Yeah this is kind of old news. Right now nothing is official.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Creed's pretty much done, but not officially. Things are most definitely not okay amongst them, between Mark and Stapp, in particular.

I wouldn't really blame Mark for everything, if I were you, Stapp.

I mean, the guys really need to sit down and talk like grown-ups, let it all out, and if they decide Creed's done, it's done.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

It seems like Stapp should be more careful about what he says. He may just feel that he's being honest, but if Mark hears about or reads an interview like this, it just makes it even less likely that Creed will make another album. But there's obviously something going on between Mark and Scott, since Mark said that they haven't even talked since the 2012 tour. So we don't have all the information about what happened. But it just seems like Scott shouldn't air the dirty laundry out in public the way he seems to be doing. Like someone else said, they're both grownups and should sit down and talk with each other.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Yeah, exactly. ^

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

creed009 wrote:It seems like Stapp should be more careful about what he says. He may just feel that he's being honest, but if Mark hears about or reads an interview like this, it just makes it even less likely that Creed will make another album. But there's obviously something going on between Mark and Scott, since Mark said that they haven't even talked since the 2012 tour. So we don't have all the information about what happened. But it just seems like Scott shouldn't air the dirty laundry out in public the way he seems to be doing. Like someone else said, they're both grownups and should sit down and talk with each other.
This is like one of the first logical posts you've made, no offense. Its Stapp that just needs to shut up, because clearly the other guys know how to handle the media and publicity better than him

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

AB23 wrote:
creed009 wrote:It seems like Stapp should be more careful about what he says. He may just feel that he's being honest, but if Mark hears about or reads an interview like this, it just makes it even less likely that Creed will make another album. But there's obviously something going on between Mark and Scott, since Mark said that they haven't even talked since the 2012 tour. So we don't have all the information about what happened. But it just seems like Scott shouldn't air the dirty laundry out in public the way he seems to be doing. Like someone else said, they're both grownups and should sit down and talk with each other.
This is like one of the first logical posts you've made, no offense.
:P

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

Good god, I don't know everything about the situation, obviously, but Stapp sounds like a huge douchebag here.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Arctic wrote:Good god, I don't know everything about the situation, obviously, but Stapp sounds like a huge douchebag here.
not really

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

I don't think either way is a douche really. People fall apart.
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Can't believe he's publicly talking about Mark's "ego-problems"...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

It's pretty stupid to say that kind of stuff when your album has bombed, and is not even in the Billboard 200 after 2 weeks.
His solo career is in the toilet, his video barely has 15.000 hits on youtube, and the only way he's gonna make a living in the music business is if Creed gets back together.

I don't even know how he's gonna break even playing 1000-1500 capacity places in 2014.
Stapp may be onto something about Mark's ego, but he should just keep it to himself for Creed's sake.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

chtimixeur wrote:It's pretty stupid to say that kind of stuff when your album has bombed, and is not even in the Billboard 200 after 2 weeks.
His solo career is in the toilet, his video barely has 15.000 hits on youtube, and the only way he's gonna make a living in the music business is if Creed gets back together.

I don't even know how he's gonna break even playing 1000-1500 capacity places in 2014.
Stapp may be onto something about Mark's ego, but he should just keep it to himself for Creed's sake.

I agree for the most part, but I also feel that maybe it is that bad between Stapp and Tremonti. Maybe Mark's Ego problems that Stapp mentions are problematic to the extent where he can't even contain them to himself. Not saying that Stapp's being public about it is appreciated. A lot of times even in your personal life you must have noticed, people coming of as nice and humble may not really be so,but project themselves to be so through manipulations and what not, could be the case with both of them, or just one, just saying. Atleast I personally have made such observations in life. Its about personal relationships. Maybe Mark does have the best nature in the world, as is evident most of the times, but it could also be so that his ego is getting between him and Stapp? Maybe it is so that Tremonti for unknown reasons ends up treating Stapp without respect? Sometimes you have set notions about something that you can't change. Its speculations all of it, but Stapp wouldn't be public about it if he is not bothered by it all. He should shut up for the sake of Creed for sure, but maybe this'll send some message to Tremonti. Hope it doesn't rub off the wrong way and these guys give each other a call and settle it like grown ups. Till then, do think Creed is done for, and I couldn't have been happier about it. Don't want all of the good times of the band to be tainted.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

Yeah, really. After Stapp displayed just how big his ego is in the Creed days, him talking about Marks ego is just laughable.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Arctic wrote:Yeah, really. After Stapp displayed just how big his ego is in the Creed days, him talking about Marks ego is just laughable.
Yeah, Stapp does have his ego problems, everybody does. Most of the people on this board here have it, so do I. In personal relationships and friendships ego can act very differently. Based on observations in my life I do believe Mark does have some Ego problems as would anybody, atleast when it comes to Stapp. Nobody is denying that Stapp maybe at fault too, but Stapp's being public in itself shows Mark's ego is showing up too, Stapp wouldn't want to blow his chances to get back with Creed by lying about it, he is being stupid career wise cuz this is only gonna increase the tensions, however, it might just be for the good. These guys were not on the same page when Creed reunited, and will have things resolved only if Stapp stop's ass licking and lets everybody reflect for real. Also, I think Stapp's Ego problems were more of getting isolated and being misunderstood more than required? I think Tremonti and Flip have always maintained that Stapp had basically kept himself away from the band and was not sharing anything with them which eventually combined with drugs and alcohol led for him to be a dick. Stapp admits that, his intentions were not to harm anyone, he was a bigger problem to himself than he was to people around. Not sure what kinda ego problem is that, but thats more like self destruction than causing problems for anybody else.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I think it all started 18 months ago when they couldn't agree on a producer for Creed V. Stapp wanted Kurzweg, and Mark wanted Elvis. They buttheaded and started drfting apart from each other again.
Mark's solo album and Stapp's book surely didn't help, and the nail on the coffin was Stapp's settlement with Wind-up.

In 2001 or 2002, Stapp was Creed's main man in the public opinion.
In 2009, Stapp had to kiss Mark's ass again and again, and Mark kind of became the boss, just like he is in Alter Bridge. Maybe Stapp thought they could come to an agreement about Creed V's producer, but Mark would not change his mind. Who would want to compromise when one is in a control position ?

I guess that's why Stapp says Mark has ego issues : he's not Creed's boss anymore, and he can't come to terms with that new fact.

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

Stapp being public about it doesn't mean anything, he just likes attention.

Seeker_1306
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Seeker_1306 »

Should Stapp have aired all of that out? Maybe, maybe not. Let's not forget though that Mark has not always been shy about sharing his feelings about Stapp in the past. So calling Stapp names for simply saying Mark has an ego problems is unnecessary in my opinion.

They are simply two different people now than they were in the MOP days. Anything they'll ever do musically (if anything) will most likely be forced.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

It is interesting how things have changed in such a short time. This was back in 2009...

"Being back in Creed is the last thing I would have expected," he also adds that working with Stapp in the past was tough, "It felt like he was never happy with anything we were doing. He could be quite negative, and that made everything a downer."

Things must have been bad since Tremonti seems to be heralding Stapp actually giving a compliment to his band mates, “From the second we started playing again, he was very complimentary towards what we were all doing musically. He had a lot of nice things to say about my guitar playing, and to hear him say to Brian that he thought he was a great bass player was very cool."
Tremonti goes on to say that "Falling apart was probably the best thing that could have happened to us.”

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

People keep saying that but I've never heard Mark say anything bad about Stapp. Maybe I missed it but the only thing I've heard about was when he and Myles put that 'I will not take you higher' line in one of the early versions of a BB song. Other than that all I've ever seen is Stapp talking about the other guys.

Edit: and what Dan just posted wasn't even really an insult.