A place for all Creed discussion.
Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Creed Broken Up Again???

Post by Them Bones »

Jim wrote:
chtimixeur wrote: they haven't spoken to each other in a year
Source please.
Mark Tremonti's mouth for instance? A couple of interviews both footage and written where Mark admits he hasn't spoken to Scott since the last Creed tour.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

Them Bones wrote:
Jim wrote:
chtimixeur wrote: they haven't spoken to each other in a year
Source please.
Mark Tremonti's mouth for instance? A couple of interviews both footage and written where Mark admits he hasn't spoken to Scott since the last Creed tour.
Pretty much this. I think he said there's been two casual phone conversations, but they never get anywhere.

mastermyx
Bought The CDs

Post by mastermyx »

http://www.breathecast.com/articles/sco ... ife-13327/

Towards the end of this article, sounds like Mark is saying my way or the highway for Creed ideas and Scott won't work like that.

BastiMix
Loyal Follower

Post by BastiMix »

And again he's stirring things up. No matter if it's true or not, does he really think doing that will be benificial in ANY way for Creed to go on?
Please give them a like :)

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

All this biblical nonsense only makes him look more hypocrite.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

I think by 'stirring things up' he's pretty much acknowledging that there's an extremely low chance of Creed getting back together anyway. Plus a lot of people talk crap about him online, so in some ways, I think it's good that he's just straight up telling his side of the story how it is, or how he sees it at least.

Also, it makes sense that Mark would be a bit more respectful when talking about the situation in interviews. Mark has a lot to lose, whereas what does Scott have to lose, apart from a rather average solo career?

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

That doesn't really excuse Stapp from how poorly he's handling the situation though. The things he's saying really shouldn't be public, period...and I would say the same thing if the roles were reversed.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

I don't really see why the stuff he's saying shouldn't be public? Maybe because he's talking about someone people admire? I guess it doesn't create a good working environment between Mark and Scott, but it looks like their working relationship was finished before Scott started talking about him in interviews. I'm sure if we didn't have Scott telling it how it is (or how he sees it), we'd all be complaining as to why no one is telling us why Creed aren't together :lol

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

This is just silly. The notion that my way or the highway is exclusive to Mark is laughable. Scott is taking the same stance basically. I want this, you want that, we cant agree to that's that. We have not idea which party was less likely to compromise so I'm not sure what conclusions can be drawn. Let it go guys.
PHOTOSHOPPING IS FOR SCHMUCKS

Wylde 1919
Bought The CDs

Post by Wylde 1919 »

Haven't really cared to weigh in on this, but is anyone suprised Stapp would say this. He works for Wind-Up a label Mark just won a lawsuit against. He has no choice but to protect their interests. When the people are paying you and, you have stated you are low on funds, you will do what they want. Stapp has always came off as a money whore, look at the Napoleon complex that he has. Stapp getting sloshed on Spike Tv years ago, burning your bandmates down in Chicago, and falling off the wagon many times. Would you want to follow him or Mark. Mark is the steady hand, he has two other successful outlets other than Creed. Yeah some here will say Marks a money whore as well, but you would be to if you were acustom to a certain life style. Scott just needs to come to the realisation that Mark doesn't need Creed nor him to stay realevent.
Last edited by Wylde 1919 on Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Mark is definitely the dominant force throughout all of his endeavours. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Jim wrote:Mark is definitely the dominant force throughout all of his endeavours. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool
Well it looks like I'm a fool then because there's no way that Mark is the dominant force within Alter Bridge. Sure, he's a force.... but I think Myles (and maybe even the other guys) are his equal in that aspect. Remember when he didn't want Breathe Again on AB3 but was over-ruled by the guys? That doesn't sound like a "dominant force" (and there are other examples).

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Mark is the heartbeat to Alter Bridge. Sure, the other guys have a lot of input, but he was the creator of the group. The other 3 jumped on board behind his lead.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Wylde 1919
Bought The CDs

Post by Wylde 1919 »

Just because Breathe Again was on the album, and Mark didn't want it doesn't mean much. The others did so he went with it. That's called a democracy, doesn't sound like this dictator that Stapp has made him out to be. Again my point Mark has two other successes where is Stapps. And don't tell me he sold a million copies of The Great Divide, labels buying back stock does not count.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Stapp was in a mess with his personal life while Alter Bridge was taking off, so I never expected him to be largely successful. And now his voice is half shot.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Andy92 wrote:Mark is the heartbeat to Alter Bridge. Sure, the other guys have a lot of input, but he was the creator of the group. The other 3 jumped on board behind his lead.
Well I don't know if Alter Bridge could go on without Myles Kennedy - doesn't that make him the heartbeat to the band too? Yeah, Mark created the group but... I honestly don't think he's the "leader" of the band, so to speak. Honestly... I think Myles is Mark's north star in a creative sense.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Mark is Alter Bridge

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

We're splitting hairs at this point because the band couldn't continue if either of them left. I'm just talking about the history of the band. Mark has been the guy taking the lead role in most things, and I don't mean just musically. The band is pretty 50/50 right now from a music standpoint.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Brian screwed up, got kicked out by Mark, Stapp screwed up, got kicked out by Mark. Not saying Mark was right or wrong, he definitely calls and used to call the shots. Secondly, Stapp was the frontman of Creed, he used to talk a lot in the interviews, but wheres the "fact" that Stapp used to dictate the band in the past? haven't come across anything that suggests that in so many years. All I know is that the management and the record label held these guys by the balls and that Stapp screwed his private life up, I doubt Stapp was calling shots in the past, always seemed like Creed was a band that had democracy and was divided by "other" people close to the band interfering too much and filling ears to get closer to the band members. Am saying this not after reading the book, but had to say the same back in 2003 when Creed was breaking up. It always did seem like people were bitching and creating problems between these guys more than what they had going on between themselves.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

AllC392Was wrote:Mark is Alter Bridge
Yes he is.

But Myles is AB too. So is Flip, and Brian.