Creed Broken Up Again???

A place for all Creed discussion.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Creed Broken Up Again???

Post by anguyen92 »

JaredWard wrote: You would think he would just say "we're just not on the same page right now" but he continues to paint Mark as an ego-maniac :/ sooner or later the word will get back to Mark & it's not going to be pretty.
I don't know. If word does get it to Mark, he'll probably just take it in stride, very subtly and all, and just focus on AB and his solo band. But yeah, all of this whole thing is not doing Creed, as a band, any favors at all in moving forward and having a solid long-term future like everyone else has said.

I think a reason Stapp is saying all of this is because it is probably a mechanism of just trying to vent his frustrations out and trying to find a way to move forward for his future and his career.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Ashlee wrote:
Them Bones wrote:Brian screwed up, got kicked out by Mark...

This statement isn't true, but I understand why the urban myths are cooler than the truth.

I am quite certain Mark took that decision more than anybody else in the band. When Creed were talking about a 4th album back in early 2003 , Stapp was talking about getting Brian Marshall back in the band. Stapp mentioned that he wished to see Brian healthy and in a better place in life and that if he'd wish to be back with the band again.

Mark is someone who would kick people out if they are messing with his career, if he really cared about friendships and what not, he would have probably helped Brian and Stapp when they needed it.
I guess thats how he is "dominant". He cares about his career more than any relationships in the band, which is actually fine, but blaming Stapp for things he probably din't do seems odd and an act to make him look bad. He had his demons, but somethings are very clear, he did not mean any harm to anyone in the band, him screwing his personal life up distanced him from the rest of the band, there was a lack of communication and Mark was already being filled in against Stapp causing more distress in the babd, plus all the drama, the hate for the band is what really led Mark to be done with Stapp.

Dare I say it, but if Myles were to ever loose control in his life or fall back to his demons, for an instance, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets thrown out.

Look, I am a fan of Mark's much as I am of any musician that I listen to. I don't go about screaming like a little gal, "Oh, my favourite is this, or my favourite is that". For a long time after Creed broke up initially, I did think only Stapp was to blame, but a lot of things surfaced and showed that the band had problems cuz of people and media more than anything, and Mark would take a career over a friend anyday.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Again, this begs the question (which I've asked before and Nagpo answered well on, but I want other people's views on this.)

If Mark really was the prime decision maker/"dictator" person to get Brian out of Creed, why would he want Brian in AB? Why not the touring bassist for Creed at that time?

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

anguyen92 wrote:Again, this begs the question (which I've asked before and Nagpo answered well on, but I want other people's views on this.)

If Mark really was the prime decision maker/"dictator" person to get Brian out of Creed, why would he want Brian in AB? Why not the touring bassist for Creed at that time?
If it were Stapp, then why would he want Brian back in Creed in 2003?
With what Stapp has said in the book, it was accepted as a collective decision, but was Mark's idea to be done with Brian instead of getting him help. Brian was led to believe that Stapp was plotting against him, when that wasn't the case. Brian's addiction problems were wroking against the band, he would not show up for rehearsals and soundchecks, thats the same flow that Stapp entered later, and Brian got chucked out, so did Stapp.
I see this all the time in my circle of friends, its someone else's wrong doing, someone else gets the shaft.

Its not saying that Mark hated Brian, these guys loved each other, thats how it always seemed, I think Brian was the best Bass guitarist Mark could ever have, Brian complimented Mark's guitars, and I guess there were already talks within Creed to get Brian back anyways, Mark decided to act on it for his new band. Brian was not hated by media, Stapp was, it was easy to wait for Brian to put his demons behind before calling him back to the band, with Stapp, these guys wanted to leave all the burden behind. Such a shame they would taint how good he used to be as a performer. You know how twisted it was right? In the past these guys would say Stapp wrote most of the lyrics and so the christian imagery, then these guys got out and said Mark wrote 90% of the lyrics, it always seemed like Mark's side changed stories over time. So did Stapp, has the same issues, but he was always looked as to be the only bad guy in this.

You'll be surprised how people can manipulate things to represent themselves as saints when they actually aren't. Not saying anybody is doing so here in this band, but it does happen. The one with the horns might have his horns hidden under a halo, and the one with the halo is pinned to a cross. (I am an agnostic by the way, but I like the stories.)

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, fair enough.

Just for the record, I can very well sympathize with Stapp (though I think he should vent his frustrations in a different more private outlet), on this whole deal, and that I do not think that there is one definitive good side and one definitive bad side. I have been and always will love Mark as a guitarist and what he has shown to the public as a person. Due to that, I just don't buy the whole "he's a "dictator" kind of thing and that's why Creed is not working, atm," too much. (though him wanting Elvis or something like that for Creed V is not really helping the case, but that's another issue to work out somewhere along the road)

However, I feel that he should try to get some form of communication with Stapp going since communication with a person that you had mixed expressions in life is always something I can relate to, currently, and I would hate it to see a dynamic like this end in a bitter note.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Some quotes from back in the day for a lot o fhear who think Mark and the other guys know how to handle shit:

"Meet Alter Bridge. You Knew them as Creed - until the bizaree behavior of frontman Scott Stapp tore them apart.
Now they're back, with a New Singer and a New Outlook.

On December 29, 2002, Creed's Scott Stapp stepped out onstage in front of 15,000 people at Chicago's Allstate Arena and promptly sank
to the floor where he remained for the next hour. Shortly afterwards, four horrified punters attempted to sue the band for damages, telling Cook County Court that the frontman of America's most successful band had spent the gig "rolling around in apparent pain or distress, so intoxicated and/or medicated that he was unable to sing the lyrics of a single song. It was at that point that Creed guitarist Mark Tremonti, whose entire family had been at the show, decided he'd had just about enough of "Scott Fucking Stapp".

Mark: "He just became impossible on that last tour. He couldn't manage his moods. He was the hardest guy in the world to get along with.We'd built up this massive amount of success and we were watching someone day by day pull the bricks off.
"He had this personality problem where He'd want to rule the room.We tried to deal with it for years,but it just got worse. He didn't even like music. He used to yell at us for listining to CD's on the bus, because music was supposed to be our job, not our hobby!"

Brian Marshall: "Scott Stapp is a pathological fucking liar"

Mark: "Scott is very good at trashing you to other people and then letting it get back to you. I heard this same thing that he'd said from four different people, so I was like, "Look this is over. I can't deal with you anymore". He called me a few months later and wanted to get together and write. I told him that I had a new band and that Creed was over. That was October 2003. I haven't spoken to him since"

Mark admits he "heard" things Stapp "said" from 4 different people, not necessarily from Stapp?

See what i mean when I say people ruined this band more than Stapp or Mark?

Many more interviews filled with Stapp bashing coming up, and you'll probably find 1 or 2 where Stapp walked out of his line insulting these guys.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Sauce?
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Its from the guitar one magazine interview from 2004

http://www.freewebs.com/alterbridgeband/band.htm

a lot more interviews whereMark and the guys have said quite a lotta shit about Stapp and Stapp maintained that the break had "no drama", or was being turned into a "soap opera". Well, I do agree that it had drama and Stapp was responsible, but wasn't he being a "class act" then?

Anyways, I have decided not to post any more shit from the past cuz it will really hurt a lot of fans here,both of Creed/Stapp's and also of just Tremonti's cuz they'll probably see a side of Tremonit's that they were not familiar with.

But I will say this, reading through these old interviews, it is very clear, egos clashed and miscommunications caused the rifts. Stapp held his health and depression problems to himself, self medicating, and Tremonti and co thought he was a control freak. Stapp should have been more open about his demons with the guys instead of not letting anyone help, and Mark should't have bothered about what media and others think about Stapp instead could have tried to see through his problems and probably reach out to him.

Right now, miscommunications are again the problem.

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

Stapp admitted that he was in a very bad place at the time physically and psychologically. He said in recent interviews "I don't even know who that guy was", talking about himself during the last Weathered tour. He stated it was "a drug induced psychosis" he was in.

My point is: Yes he was absolutely crazy at the time and made a lot of poor decisions. But on the other hand the rest of the band let him down. They left him alone with all of that shit.

In short: Stapp was indeed impossible but the whole band failed to handle the situation.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Scott needs to shut the fuck up. End of story

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Them Bones wrote:Its from the guitar one magazine interview from 2004

http://www.freewebs.com/alterbridgeband/band.htm
I had actually read that one before. I just couldn't pass up using sauce.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Aight. Enough is enough. They need a cage match, I heard MTV will do the broadcasting

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Them Bones wrote:Some quotes from back in the day for a lot o fhear who think Mark and the other guys know how to handle shit:

"Meet Alter Bridge. You Knew them as Creed - until the bizaree behavior of frontman Scott Stapp tore them apart.

On December 29, 2002, Creed's Scott Stapp stepped out onstage in front of 15,000 people at Chicago's Allstate Arena and promptly sank
to the floor where he remained for the next hour. Shortly afterwards, four horrified punters attempted to sue the band for damages, telling Cook County Court that the frontman of America's most successful band had spent the gig "rolling around in apparent pain or distress, so intoxicated and/or medicated that he was unable to sing the lyrics of a single song. It was at that point that Creed guitarist Mark Tremonti, whose entire family had been at the show, decided he'd had just about enough of "Scott Fucking Stapp".

Mark: "He just became impossible on that last tour. He couldn't manage his moods. He was the hardest guy in the world to get along with.We'd built up this massive amount of success and we were watching someone day by day pull the bricks off.
"He had this personality problem where He'd want to rule the room.We tried to deal with it for years,but it just got worse. He didn't even like music. He used to yell at us for listining to CD's on the bus, because music was supposed to be our job, not our hobby!"

Mark: "Scott is very good at trashing you to other people and then letting it get back to you. I heard this same thing that he'd said from four different people, so I was like, "Look this is over. I can't deal with you anymore". He called me a few months later and wanted to get together and write. I told him that I had a new band and that Creed was over. That was October 2003. I haven't spoken to him since"

Mark admits he "heard" things Stapp "said" from 4 different people, not necessarily from Stapp?

Many more interviews filled with Stapp bashing coming up, and you'll probably find 1 or 2 where Stapp walked out of his line insulting these guys.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it the same as what's going on now in the sense that Stapp is more or less bad mouthing Mark in the media and Mark is likely to hear about from other people instead of Stapp? It doesn't sound like much has changed in the way Stapp solves problems.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Jhenrid wrote:
Them Bones wrote:Some quotes from back in the day for a lot o fhear who think Mark and the other guys know how to handle shit:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it the same as what's going on now in the sense that Stapp is more or less bad mouthing Mark in the media and Mark is likely to hear about from other people instead of Stapp? It doesn't sound like much has changed in the way Stapp solves problems.

Mate, all am pointing out is that we are all humans, so why can't we just admit it? Everyones the same for the most part, how you perceive their actions is different, its to suit your comfort. You can go about saying he said this, he din't say that, but all am saying is that Stapp has issues, but its not like the other guys do not.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

anguyen92 wrote:All right, fair enough.

Just for the record, I can very well sympathize with Stapp (though I think he should vent his frustrations in a different more private outlet),
You know, I don't know everything about what happened, nobody does. But if I were Stapp, I really would not feel like keeping my frustrations to my self when it comes to this. If almost all the entire music industry and community of rock and roll thought of me as and egomaniacal liar, egoist and an addict and the sole reason that the biggest band of the time broke up - yeah, sure I'd want to set some things straight.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

nagpo wrote:

Just for the record, I can very well sympathize with Stapp (though I think he should vent his frustrations in a different more private outlet),
You know, I don't know everything about what happened, nobody does. But if I were Stapp, I really would not feel like keeping my frustrations to my self when it comes to this. If almost all the entire music industry and community of rock and roll thought of me as and egomaniacal liar, egoist and an addict and the sole reason that the biggest band of the time broke up - yeah, sure I'd want to set some things straight.
I agree with you to a certain extent. If I did a lot of things he did in public to make himself look that way than I would've learn to be quiet. He hasn't thought about how it still makes him look to everybody. If your image is already damage you take what you have left and focus on what is going right instead of where you have problems. I think he needs to learn how to deflect and keep focus on his album or whatever he is trying to promote instead of talking about what's not working.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Jhenrid wrote:
nagpo wrote:

I agree with you to a certain extent. If I did a lot of things he did in public to make himself look that way than I would've learn to be quiet. He hasn't thought about how it still makes him look to everybody. If your image is already damage you take what you have left and focus on what is going right instead of where you have problems. I think he needs to learn how to deflect and keep focus on his album or whatever he is trying to promote instead of talking about what's not working.

Nope, I don't think he did anything that he shouldn't possibly have in his life. I don't see how it affected "media" or anybody else except the band in any way. Who the fuck are you or anybody else to be judging the way he leads or led his life? He din't take anything from anybody except himself. The media and public interfered in his life and dug shit out. He did precisely that for a while by keeping mum and apologising all the time about it. Imo, Stapp should probably flash a finger to everybody who are sitting there judging him and take care of his career(as you say), but not while getting bullied. The guy has chickened out cuz the entire world held him by his balls when he din't owe anything to anyone. Broke his confidence down. He caused the maximum damage in his personal life and to the "friends" who were dependant upon him for a career at the time. Yeah venting his frustrations out in public won't do Creed good, and if he really thinks of Mark as a brother, he could probably sort his personal problems with him personally, but whats wrong or whats right? nobody can be the judge. I honestly feel he needs to take his career's hold and stop "relying" on people.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Here's the thing you can't make an ass out of yourself and then wonder why everybody thinks you're an ass. I honestly couldn't care what he does in his life I just like the music that comes from Creed which he is a part of. Everybody knows what comes with fame, hell this type has happen before him and will happen to other celebs well after him. He put himself out there and I'm not talking about the stuff he did with Creed, I'm talking after Creed when he made himself appear to be an ass, and I understand why you would want to change your image after that and he's doing fine when he is focusing on his stuff instead of complaining about whatever disagreements he's having with Mark. You have to know what to keep personal and what to share. Mark is known for being the levelheaded person between the two so if you're going to complain, yeah people are going to wonder what's wrong with you. I'm not saying Mark is perfect but you have to look at reputation.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Jhenrid wrote:Here's the thing you can't make an ass out of yourself and then wonder why everybody thinks you're an ass. I honestly couldn't care what he does in his life I just like the music that comes from Creed which he is a part of. Everybody knows what comes with fame, hell this type has happen before him and will happen to other celebs well after him. He put himself out there and I'm not talking about the stuff he did with Creed, I'm talking after Creed when he made himself appear to be an ass, and I understand why you would want to change your image after that and he's doing fine when he is focusing on his stuff instead of complaining about whatever disagreements he's having with Mark. You have to know what to keep personal and what to share. Mark is known for being the levelheaded person between the two so if you're going to complain, yeah people are going to wonder what's wrong with you. I'm not saying Mark is perfect but you have to look at reputation.

Fair enough. Thats how one must "operate" in society I guess. I'd actually hope this dude puts out a good cd atleast. I actually do not care about how he is in his personal life, am no one to judge but am only making observations, the latest music by him was below average in my opinion. Could definitely do better focusing just on the career.