Creed not meant to be right now (Stapp on Rockline)

A place for all Creed discussion.
Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Creed not meant to be right now (Stapp on Rockline)

Post by Arctic »

Yeah guys let's all be mature this time ok?

Penis.

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

I actually think it's a shame that they couldn't go out on a brighter note. I enjoyed Full Circle, but the new live stuff that we heard over the last couple of years sounded like classic Creed. It would've been nice to see one last EP of really solid material.

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

If Marks heart was truly in Creed, we might hear some really good stuff someday. It looks like they did Full Circle for the money and we still got some pretty damn good songs like A Thousand Faces, On My Sleeve, Time, and Suddenly. Imagine if he was fully committed.

I prefer Alter Bridge, but it'd be cool to see.

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

I remember hearing stories during the Full Circle writing process that Mark, Brian, and Flip would arrange songs during they day and then Stapp would come in at night to add lyrics and such. That doesn't seem like an ideal writing situation. I am not saying that will be the case in the future. It didn't seem like that during Creed V writing sessions. They just need to be serious about writing an new album first and then touring. What went wrong in 2012 was they toured too much. They never really had the time to write and record an album.

Plus I think Mark, Brian, and Flip hate Windup Records with a passion. They have been a complete nuisance to AB. That doesn't help with Creed.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

^Didn't Mark also just sue them (and win)?
For all of the hope that it brings...

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Ubik wrote:^Didn't Mark also just sue them (and win)?
Yup. Which is why I think WU is being a bitch about the b-sides for X

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

How much money do B sides cost that are 10 years old? Solace/Breathe/Cruel Sun/On my way now. Most of those aren't even recorded

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

AllC392Was wrote:How much money do B sides cost that are 10 years old? Solace/Breathe/Cruel Sun/On my way now. Most of those aren't even recorded
It's not about the cost, it's about fucking Mark over as much as possible. WU may be bitter as hell.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

No it's probably about protecting their legal rights and making sure they get a good deal over them. Wind Up aren't just going to hand over something they own (which they clearly do, otherwise AB would have released them by now).

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

nagpo wrote:It's not about the cost, it's about fucking Mark over as much as possible. WU may be bitter as hell.
BSC wrote:No it's probably about protecting their legal rights and making sure they get a good deal over them. Wind Up aren't just going to hand over something they own (which they clearly do, otherwise AB would have released them by now).
I think you're both right :lol

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Well I think technically they may not own On My Way Know because that was never recorded. Can anybody confirm? Honestly I think that Creed itself is in a hard place because of the bad blood between Mark and whoever else sued him. I wonder if that is part they didn't make an album and maybe Stapp doesn't understand that?

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Jhenrid wrote:Well I think technically they may not own On My Way Know because that was never recorded. Can anybody confirm? Honestly I think that Creed itself is in a hard place because of the bad blood between Mark and whoever else sued him. I wonder if that is part they didn't make an album and maybe Stapp doesn't understand that?

I personally think the problem is Wind Up for everything wrong with Creed at the moment. I think what happened was Stapp/Mark had sued Wind-up cuz a lotta money that the label owed the guys was never remitted. Why Stapp backed out? Heres why imo. His suing the label would mean the labels not gonna put his solo album out. Mark had other outlets of creativity and business not related to Wind-up, while with Stapp, both his careers are being managed by Wind-up and Creed wasn't gonna record any time soon and lets face the fact, the dude has got a family to feed. Imo Stapp backing out and settling the case however disrespectful to Mark's and his relationship had to be done for his personal life. I do agree that Stapp's backing out was wrong, but I doubt he had any other way out since Creed was going on a hiatus. Its all a speculation all of this, but I think this is how it will turn out to be.

About AB's B-sides, It really sucks that record companies end up owning publishing rights to songs which are composed and written by bands/artists. I really wish AB would somehow get these tracks released out of Wind Up.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

That brings into question Stapp's solo contract with Wind-up. It kinda seems like it would have been easier for him to "form another band" and maybe asking to be on fret12 until everything got squared away.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Jhenrid wrote:That brings into question Stapp's solo contract with Wind-up. It kinda seems like it would have been easier for him to "form another band" and maybe asking to be on fret12 until everything got squared away.
Given Stapp's reputation and how people like to hate on him generally,I doubt any other label will welcome him and Fret 12 is too small of a label at the moment to put out anything but Tremonti's solo.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

BTW in case anyone was wondering, Michael tremonti on twitter responded to a fan about Stapps recent interview saying Creed was done. His quotes were "No clue. AB are over rocking in Europe so it is not like a fight happened or anything. Mark has never said Creed is done." and then "I wouldn't worry. It may take a bunch of time but Creed will rock again one day. Sad to hear Scott said that."

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Them Bones wrote:About AB's B-sides, It really sucks that record companies end up owning publishing rights to songs which are composed and written by bands/artists. I really wish AB would somehow get these tracks released out of Wind Up.
The problem is only with the recordings themselves, which were no doubt financed by Wind-Up. Nothing to stop the band re-recording them, but with time at a premium it's understandable why they haven't.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

AB23 wrote:BTW in case anyone was wondering, Michael tremonti on twitter responded to a fan about Stapps recent interview saying Creed was done. His quotes were "No clue. AB are over rocking in Europe so it is not like a fight happened or anything. Mark has never said Creed is done." and then "I wouldn't worry. It may take a bunch of time but Creed will rock again one day. Sad to hear Scott said that."

I read Michael's reply like this " Oh yeah, my brother might need some more money at some point to fund his various projects, so yeah, Creed will rock again".

In all honesty, I am not throwing Tremonti in bad light, but Stapp knows why this reunion was done, and lets admit it, we all know that this was done for money by Tremonti while Stapp was all about it for genuine reasons. The reason Stapp has stated that Creed probably won't happen again is cuz he is hurt, for whatever reason. We can't keep on blaming Stapp. Yeah things are flawed at his end, but Creed as a band collectively need to address and resolve the issues that plague it. Stapp has stated that it all needs to be organic and not what the "business" demands. I think the reason Stapp is not holding hopes is cuz he feels betrayed that Creed probably reunited for the wrong reasons, wrong or right for him to feel that way, he does. I think its good in a way. I think if Stapp doesn't have any hopes for a Creed come back, maybe Creed will reunite for the right reasons if it ever does again, and this time I hope he doesn't do all the ass licking he did in 2009. For Creed to come back again the guys will have to realise what those glory days were all about and how special and beautiful Creed's music used to be once, secondly, they will have to connect again as friends and family. I remember Tremonti stating back in 2010-11 that he only shares a business relationship with Stapp, not a great picture of where Creed stood imo when Stapp repeatedly had all praises for his band mates, and he meant it. Stapp has always had great things to say about his bandmates/friends. Yes there was hate exchanged both ways during the first break up, but since the beginning I have always heard Stapp give credit to his bandmates first and then take some if any.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

I think Tremonti was following his heart. I don't think he thought it was the right time to put out a creed record because of his Solo stuff. They toured all of 2012 and Mark pursued other projects. I still don't think Mark went back for the money. Especially present day with AB selling out Arenas and Fortress money. It's all about where the heart is at and Marks just following it
Last edited by AllC392Was on Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Further proof that they never talk and aren't friends. It's kind of sad... but I would be surprised if Stapp turned Mark down since he's lost most of his money over the years.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

AllC392Was wrote:I think Tremonti was following his heart. I don't think he thought it was the right time to put out a creed record because of his Solo stuff. They toured all of 2012 and Mark pursued other projects. I still don't think Mark went back for the money. Especially present day with AB selling out Arenas and Fortress money. It's all about where the heart is at and Marks just following it

I hope that is what it is man. Would suck to know that Mark did the reunion for money, but that is how things seem to be. Naturally, if his heart was not in Creed, the only motivation would have been money. These guys said that they work their schedules out in advance, maybe it wasn't clearly stated to Stapp? Maybe he wasn't made aware of their schedule? Its not just about the 2012 album, somehow the entire reunion just din't seem genuine. Full Circle just wasn't right, it just wasn't Creed.