The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Postby cheesedip1 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:38 pm

"I've always thought that the B-3 organ added a lot to the original Creed sound."

What Creed songs was that featured on?

Dolo
On The Rail
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dolo » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:32 pm

What's This LIfe For, as far as I know.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Postby chtimixeur » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:31 am

That's a good question.
I know I've heard it here and there, but I have never made a full list.
I'm not always sure it's a B-3 organ, keyboards or mellotron, but I think those little touches link Creed's music to the classic rock sound.

You can hear some of those instruments on What's This Life For, In America, Signs, at the end of Who's Got my Back, during Higher's pre-chorus (So let's go there), and also at the end of My Sacrifice's bridge. There are some keyboards keyboards during With Arms Wide Open's verses, and I also think I hear them very low in the mix during Wash Away those Years' last chorus, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Postby chtimixeur » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:15 am

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Postby chtimixeur » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:55 am

It is now almost certain that the Creed Instagram page is controlled by Stapp.
https://www.instagram.com/officialcreedpage/

At first, there were pictures of each member, but recently, Stapp's been in every single one of them, and he's now plugging his solo stuff and ignoring everything AB-related.
It seems like deja-vu.
He'll never get it...

nagpo
On The Rail

Postby nagpo » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:59 pm

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Postby chtimixeur » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:40 pm

He may be the only one that cares about the band, but he'll never be Creed on his own.
Creed was 4 guys (not 3, not 5), and the magic came from their unique chemistry.
The Instagram Creed page should then focus equally on all 4 of them, and not turn into Stappworld.
It's not like it's popular anyway, and it still amazes me that they only have 12k followers.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Postby Timotheus » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:26 pm

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Postby VigilantSteve » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:45 am

George
White Knuckled

Postby George » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:18 pm

I honestly think that's irrelevant.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Postby chtimixeur » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:23 am

It's funny to look at the Instagram Creed page.
At first, all pictures had the 4 guys on them.
There was no mention of any side project, even though Stapp had just released his new album.
Things started changing in May, and now, Stapp is on absolutely every picture.
It's like he had good attentions at first and couldn't resist his narcissistic instincts after a while.

Speaking of social media, the sad thing for Stapp is that everybody in the AB/Tremonti band wishes happy birthday to each other (band members, producers, friends... etc). Stapp is the only exception: nobody ever wishes him his birthday, and when he used to wish it to Mark (he stopped a couple of years ago), he never got a response. This may seem like nothing, but I think it shows there's still an issue within the band.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Postby Mr. Slash » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:00 pm

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Postby MidnightToker » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:38 pm

nagpo
On The Rail

Postby nagpo » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:16 am

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Postby anguyen92 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:36 am

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Postby chtimixeur » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:30 am

Devil Inside You
TABN.com Citizen

Postby Devil Inside You » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:37 am

Not to dump personal issues, but I suffered a horrifying break up with a woman I expected to marry and be the mother of my kids. Her daughter even referred to me as "daddy" in the time we spent together. Myles solo, Tremonti and Alter Bridge (specifically Blackbird) have carried me through this disaster. But I started listening to the first three Creed albums again, and it just reminded me of how much I miss this band.

I wish they knew how special it was to some people. I'll always love the first three, but I could really use their magic again. It saved me in 2012. Mark is a flawless metal and technical guitarist, but his music from My Own Prison to One Day Remains is genuinely angelic to me.

austin.
On The Rail

Postby austin. » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:03 pm

Wish mark could “find time” to do that Creed record, he “has in his back pocket”, as he says.

Hey we get new Tremonti recorded next month atleast. Know mark has been hella busy on tour and busting out albums during this pandemic. Maybe he will “find the time” one day.

LOL

Dolo
On The Rail

Postby Dolo » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:35 pm

On the side note, Stapp postponed his European tour until like.... early 2022. Is there any point in putting it off so far into the future? I'm aware of the current world situation but he's gonna lose all the momentum related to the album (if there ever was one).

nagpo
On The Rail

Postby nagpo » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:25 pm

Return to “Creed”