Burn It Down

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by nagpo »

Blair Daly does a lot of country stuff. just look at his wikipedia page

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Well, country is certainly working for Aaron Lewis of Staind, might work for Stapp too, who knows....

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

austin. wrote:Well, country is certainly working for Aaron Lewis of Staind, might work for Stapp too, who knows....
I was thinking of Aaron too. And this may not be a sign he's going full country on his next solo record, but there's nothing wrong with expanding your genre windows a little bit.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Wylde 1919
Bought The CDs

Post by Wylde 1919 »

Not trying to be critical, but using all of these songwriters just shows he's all out of ideas to me. This is the guy who helped write some of the biggest songs in hard rock. Again not trying to be critical of the guy, just seems as if his time is done. Plus working with these writers doesn't guarantee him anything. He has no respect in the radio world, and still to this day the butt of a lot of jokes.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

What you need to know is that Tremonti and him co-wrote the creed songs. Stapp mostly did the vocals and lyrical stuff and tremonti did the musical stuff. Tremonti wrote most of the music. That's why stapp is working with people - he didn't start off with the instrumental stuff. He works with people and writes that with them probably because he can't do it himself. Although I think he probably knows a lot more about musical writing now than he used to, as he is credited for some of the guitar playing on the Sinners Creed song.

Another thing to know is that most pop artists work with multiple producers and songwriters to create an album. And it is also more common now that artists team up to release a single. Producers also play a huge role in writing a song in these situations.

So, the way I see it, he's doing what comes naturally when a pop artist creates an album. I just hope I like the way it sounds

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Scott:
Scott Stapp wrote:In the studio with producer Howard Benson working on new songs!! http://instagram.com/p/Zs0We0lIUw/#
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

mastermyx
Bought The CDs

Post by mastermyx »

Howard Benson must have set Scott up with a voice coach and got him back to decent vocal shape after recording full circle. I have a feeling they are pretty good friends.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

I'm surprised Howard is working on this. I've heard from sources that Benson believed Stapp was pretty burnt out during the Full Circle sessions and didn't necessarily think very highly of his vocal abilities. But then again, I'm sure enough money will convince someone to work on a project

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

wasn't that source jared?

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Wow, he sure is getting a lot of prominent people involved in the writing and recording process

Finaldecision
White Knuckled

Post by Finaldecision »

From Devin Bronson Twitter:
Heavy guitar riffs are happening in the studio with @ScottStapp right now.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Finaldecision wrote:From Devin Bronson Twitter:
Interesting, tweeted last Thursday. I guess it won't be too country after all. And I guess we can assume he is recording now? It seems like they've been working on the songs forever

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

When we think he's finishing the album, he comes with another song-writing.
Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

MidnightToker wrote:
Finaldecision wrote:From Devin Bronson Twitter:
Interesting, tweeted last Thursday. I guess it won't be too country after all. And I guess we can assume he is recording now? It seems like they've been working on the songs forever
probably. by the time this album comes out he'll have enough material for 5 albums i bet.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

With all the people involved, I'm afraid the album will sound extremely generic.
Mark Tremonti has his faults, and I've criticized his cheesy choruses or formulatic structures over and over again. But no one can deny his riffs are still good, original and identifiable.
It's a shame Stapp is working with cookie cutter musicians. He should have tried to hook up with ONE guitar player only, and write an album with him just like he did with Mark back in the day. That's the only way magic will happen again.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

chtimixeur wrote:With all the people involved, I'm afraid the album will sound extremely generic.
Mark Tremonti has his faults, and I've criticized his cheesy choruses or formulatic structures over and over again. But no one can deny his riffs are still good, original and identifiable.
It's a shame Stapp is working with cookie cutter musicians. He should have tried to hook up with ONE guitar player only, and write an album with him just like he did with Mark back in the day. That's the only way magic will happen again.
He just wants to be on the top of the charts again, plain and simple. In his book he talks about financial difficulties and wanting to provide for his family. He wants commercial success again, no matter what it takes

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Well, it's good that he's trying, but realistically, it's never gonna happen.
The media still hates him, and I doubt radio stations would play his single even if it were great.
He's past his prime, and without Creed, he's pretty much nothing.

On a side note, I don't think selling out and using big names is the best way to be relevant again. He's only going to alienate his Creed fanbase (= the only ones who still care about him).

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

I completely agree with you, chtimixeur. I guess he's just making one last big attempt at being relevant again. He's going all in on this one it seems

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

chtimixeur wrote:Well, it's good that he's trying, but realistically, it's never gonna happen.
The media still hates him, and I doubt radio stations would play his single even if it were great.
He's past his prime, and without Creed, he's pretty much nothing.

On a side note, I don't think selling out and using big names is the best way to be relevant again. He's only going to alienate his Creed fanbase (= the only ones who still care about him).
I don't see how the creed fanbase would be alienated, if they cared about financial success in anyway they wouldn't be creed fans.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

What I meant is he'll alineate the Creed fanbase by releasing subpar generic cookie cutter rock. That's generally what happens when you work with the people he's been working with.

Creed fans are used to a certain level of musical quality (thanks to Mark Tremonti).