The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
chtimixeur
On The Rail

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by chtimixeur »

It almost feels like hearing another band.
I like the other 2 songs, but this one is not for me.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I like the songs they've released pretty well. Been almost 8 years since hearing Scott sing on an actual rock album (that second solo album was so meh). I think he sounds pretty good and the band is solid.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

alterbridge86
Brand New Start

Post by alterbridge86 »

"Changed Man" is available to download for preorders, and it is available on streaming services as well it seems.

If the other releases are anything to go by, another lyric video / behind the song video will be posted later today.

I'm liking the song, sounds like it could be their next single...very palatable pop rock radio type song.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

http://people.com/music/scott-stapp-int ... stic-tour/

I guess this will be the first unplugged tour since 2011.
In 2015, he sat down with PEOPLE in his home shortly after returning to his family. At the time, his emotions remained very raw. “I was still very shaken and fractured and broken when I spoke to you,” he recalls now. “Things were still so new. It was a painful time.”

He credits a lot of his recovery to the love of his life. “I couldn’t have gotten through it if it weren’t for my wife, Jaclyn,” he says. “She has always been there for me.”

Today, Stapp, 43, has an aura of confidence and serenity as he embarks on his newest chapter. “After that shattering, a new person has emerged,” he says. “It’s still a work in progress. I haven’t arrived by any means, but there’s a clarity in my mind. I’m able to experience love and joy and happiness with my wife and children. All the things I love about life have slowly come back into my reality.”

Now healthier and happier, Stapp says that he’s channeling his former pain into his music. “I learned so much on this journey. It’s really taking the act of creating music and writing songs to complete the process of healing and enable me to completely process all the various traumas. I’m sharing everything that I’ve learned, good and bad, in getting hold of myself mentally as well as my sobriety.”

The result: a new authenticity in his music. “I wanted to do something special to commemorate my 20th anniversary in the industry and of the My Own Prison album,” he says. “But I’m different than I was back then, and I want to share that process. I’ve really learned and grown a lot, and I think an acoustic tour is a good way to show that. It will be very intimate. I’m really excited to share this part of me with people.
I wonder if he'll ever stop talking about his sobriety issues and his multiple recoveries.
It's great that he's at peace right now, but it may be time to talk about something else after so many years.
His interviews have now become as predictable a Mark's :zzz

His face looks photoshopped, but I may be wrong about this.

alterbridge86
Brand New Start

Post by alterbridge86 »

"Changed Man" lyric video is up now!

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

this song sounds forced. Its almost like a diluted version of Away In Silence lyrically. These guys have a lot more potential than putting out this stuff, hopefully the band sticks together long enough to really find the right sound for themselves. The songs so far are average, scott sounds powerful. But whatever happened to his melancholic rock melodies and metaphorical poetry. Stapp's lyrics 97-2002 sound like they are coming from a totally different man, and nope, am not talking just content-wise, but composition-wise. Also, the bass is too low in the mix in all the songs so far. More bass would make the songs better I think.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I'm surprised by the lack of promotion for this new album.
It's coming out in 3 days, and we've barely had an interview.
Instead, Stapp is already promoting his next solo tour...
That's weird.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

1000 Degrees kicks some major ass I think.

edit: The band seems to have put out the weakest songs first. Good stuff on it. Stapp is back vocally and lyrically as well. I prefer the original Somber though.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I've not heard the full album yet, and aside from that changed man stinker, the rest kicks total ass. By far the best work Stapp has been involved in since Creed.

I personally can't wait to buy the album and jam it in the car. Sounds like good rock and roll to me.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I hope mine comes early! it's been my most anticipated album

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

It's been a while. Overall I'm happy with the album. My favourite are Dancing with the Devil and Afterburn. Ron and Votta went berserk with the solos. So much energy and power sonic wise. It's classic speed metal meets cotemporary rock. Somber is still moody although I still love the demo version more because of how the guitar melody danfevwith the vocal melody. With that being said Changed Man sound out of place. It should belongs to Scott solo effort. My rating 8/10 a must bust

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

You guys listened to the madnsss acoustic? Scott Stapp hasn't sang that cleanly in a very, very long time. That's awesome, wow. He absolutely ailed that.

I don't know how promotion has been,maybe it's on Facebook or something I don't know, but it sounds like a new talented rock band with an appealing look has just hit the scene. Stapp looks bad decked out in all that leather, looks like a star, he has somewhat of an aura back it seems.

This new band may be the best thing to happen for Stapp in many years. I can't find the album on my iPhone, but I can't wait to hear it on release day.

Good work, Scott Stapp and Art of Anarchy. I'm a fan, and will attend the closest show on the lower east coast if a stop is ever made this way.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Interesting video from 2000 where Fred Durst talks about Stapp's ego :

The guy is out of his mind, like he thinks he's a better human than everybody. He claims all this spirituality, this super killer guy doesn't give a damn about any of his fans, he ignores everybody. He walks by his dressing room, his people they look at you and they go "you do not approach the band, you do not talk to the band, you do not look at the band". And you're just like "What is the deal with this guy ?". He's in his videos, doing the Jesus Christ thing, and he's all "Hey, man I am badass". It's like "Come on, put your feet on the ground, because one of these days, that's gonna go away and nobody's gonna have anything to do with you if you act like that".
That last sentence was premonitory.

About Creed :
I think their music is dope, they're a good band. I just think anybody acting like that doesn't deserve to be a rock star.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

ok

kamaral28
Brand New Start

Post by kamaral28 »

Acoustic Performance of Changed Man.
Last edited by kamaral28 on Fri May 12, 2017 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kamaral28
Brand New Start

Post by kamaral28 »

Acoustic Performance of The Madness

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

They'd be crazy not to send Changed Man to the radio.
But Bumblefoot needs to shut up and let Stapp handle the vocals alone.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Man if you haven't listened to atleast the end of that acoustic madness, listen to it

I'd be proud to have Stapp as my singer in 2017. Dudes back and sounds raw as hell. Awesome.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

It looks like the Madness is a big flop.
I tried looking for it on the Billboard 200 and couldn't find it :
http://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200

The only chart position I could find was n°13 on the Independant Albums Chart :
http://www.billboard.com/charts/indepen ... 2017-04-15

If you want to compare both charts, look at Pallbearer : they're at n°8 on the Independant Albums chart, and n°187 on the Billboard 200.
Since 4,000 copies allows you to be in the top 50, I guess the Madness barely sold a thousand copies.
A shame, really.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Stapp was a guest on the Jasta podcast recently :
https://soundcloud.com/jameyjasta/episo ... app-art-of

I remember Jasta had called him names when he had interviewed Mark Tremonti. This should be an interesting chat...