The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
chtimixeur
On The Rail

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by chtimixeur »

Awesome rendition indeed.
But do I want another half-assed tour or album from the guys? I am not so sure, to be honest. When you look at those videos, you can tell everyone on stage is having a blast and connecting with those songs. I think Mark still undervalues Creed's material compared to Alter Bridge' and until that changes, he shouldn't come back to the band.

The 2009 and 2010 tours were bad, and I think Stapp is doing a great job for Creed fans with his current solo gigs: the tones and tempos are good, and he even plays rare songs. I doubt Mark can do better, to be honest.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Yea, some new Creed stuff would be nice, but I think Scott and Mark won't get along with each other anymore. The soil is scorched for the Creed-tree.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

The beginning of With Arms Wide Open:

Girl: "I love you, Scooooooott"
Random guy: "My name is Scott!"

Literally the most joy a Scott Stapp video has given me in years.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

Mr. Slash wrote:Yea, some new Creed stuff would be nice, but I think Scott and Mark won't get along with each other anymore. The soil is scorched for the Creed-tree.
Would you say the tree is... Weathered?

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Here are some amateur videos with a soundboard mix :

His voice is definitely back. :peace

The whole concert is on this channel :
https://www.youtube.com/user/yupsure/videos
Last edited by chtimixeur on Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Yea, his voice sounds great, as long as he doesn't have to put much aggressivity into it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Love these vids. Bumblefoot is great on these songs. He adds his own neat twist.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I can hear a lot of clarity and control in his voice. It doesn't shake or go off key as it used to do in the 2009-2014 days.

By the way, he's selling live CD's of his unplugged concerts for those who are interested (no digital downloads, unfortunately).
http://www.disclivenetwork.com/detail.cfm?artistid=64
(the link doesn't work on his official website, he should fix that)

Setlist.fm says it's pretty much the same setlist every night.
This show must have been special to him since he added Don't Stop Dancing.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

chtimixeur wrote:I can hear a lot of clarity and control in his voice. It doesn't shake or go off key as it used to do in the 2009-2014 days.
Definitely. This is the best he's sounded in years, in my opinion. Doesn't have some of the grit there, but that's fine. I'd rather hear him sing in key. And this is wonderful to hear him sounding good again.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I wouldn't mind him doing a bluesy, acoustic album. Down to earth. His voice is very suited for that.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

It's strange that he hasn't sung on that many slow-paced songs since My Own Prison. IMHO, he's at his best when he calmly tells a story with his baritone voice, but for a reason I can't understand, he prefers singing over faster-paced instrumentals.

@Jaded Rescue : this particular show I posted is my favourite performance of his in a decade. There was a concert I really enjoyed in early April 2012, but I think this is even better. Kudos to him for getting his act together and for stopping smoking cigarettes.

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

^very true. I'd actually like to see some rare MOP tunes acoustic on this tour.

Pity for a Dime would be fantastic. The Ode acoustic on YouTube is great too.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

http://people.com/babies/scott-stapp-wi ... ting-baby/

Stapp and Jaclyn are having another child!

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

at 5:30, he says:
"I'm basically bringing a Creed show wherever I go"

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

This recent version of My Sacrifice, the drumming sounds awesome. I hate to say it, but I like this better than Flip plays it. Maybe it's just how the kick drum sounds, but it has so much more groove to it. And the other fills the dude plays I really like a lot. But as for the guitar, well, :fingerwag

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Now we can pose the question whether Flip had many choices on his style of drumming during the recording of the studio version.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Neat. New solo album next year. Let's hope the vocals are better this time around. AoA had good vocals and he's sober now so I hope he gets a different producer than he had on PoL

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

Mr. Slash wrote:Now we can pose the question whether Flip had many choices on his style of drumming during the recording of the studio version.
Since when has anyone told Flip how he can or cannot play his drums? I don't know why you would think he didn't.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Vaux wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:Now we can pose the question whether Flip had many choices on his style of drumming during the recording of the studio version.
Since when has anyone told Flip how he can or cannot play his drums? I don't know why you would think he didn't.
I mean, the album "Weathered" was the follow up to the radio rock success Creed had with Human Clay. Therefore Wind Up Records might have been interested in creating more radio friendly songs on Weathered. And you can't really make a radio hit with some apeshit drumming. Tin foil hats aside, i think that the label had some impact on the musical style of the whole band. The fact that Tremonti is still paying the debts for unwinding the contract just to gain some musical freedom kinda underlines my opinion i guess. Furthermore my impression about Flip's drumming is that his style changed on a very big scale between ODR and Weathered.

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

I agree with the stylistic changes. Part of that is growth but a large part is likely because they didn't want to drastically change the sound of Creed. Flip likely has been given a lot more freedom in AB.