The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
austin.
On The Rail

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by austin. »

anguyen92 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:33 pm This part in the article is critical.
"Is it good enough for me to put everything on the back burner that I've been working on for the past 14 years? No," Tremonti affirmed. Not ruling out the chances of a new record for good, he said, "Is it good enough to maybe 10 years from now or seven years from now... or some big resurgence happens or there's an anniversary where everybody's like, 'We want to see Creed' and the world demands it like they used to? I wouldn't say no."
You say you want that Creed album that's been in the backburner for a certain period of time. I also want that album that Myles (must I reinform that we always seem to forget about this guy in this kind of conversation and that if Myles is in on doing a new AB album, everyone else in AB is probably dropping what they have going for that.) put on the shelf before he wrote Year of the Tiger.

I also want a lot of other stuff in life, but I know that there are reasons (that is really valid) that's going to prevent that from happening. Sometimes, you can't always expect what you want, no matter how much you want it. Things in life doesn't always go the way you want. Deal with it and find other things to enjoy.
I love creed and my favorite guitar player of all time says he has a creed album ready to record with my favorite vocalist, drummer, and bass player. I want to hear that album. I’m sorry I’m bitter knowing the best guitar player ever has that album and won’t record it, even though there’s time as he says he doesn’t have time to do it. Maybe one day. Have a good one everyone. Sorry. Wasn’t trying to cause any hate or bad vibes I’m sorry.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

austin. wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:51 pm
anguyen92 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:33 pm This part in the article is critical.
"Is it good enough for me to put everything on the back burner that I've been working on for the past 14 years? No," Tremonti affirmed. Not ruling out the chances of a new record for good, he said, "Is it good enough to maybe 10 years from now or seven years from now... or some big resurgence happens or there's an anniversary where everybody's like, 'We want to see Creed' and the world demands it like they used to? I wouldn't say no."
You say you want that Creed album that's been in the backburner for a certain period of time. I also want that album that Myles (must I reinform that we always seem to forget about this guy in this kind of conversation and that if Myles is in on doing a new AB album, everyone else in AB is probably dropping what they have going for that.) put on the shelf before he wrote Year of the Tiger.

I also want a lot of other stuff in life, but I know that there are reasons (that is really valid) that's going to prevent that from happening. Sometimes, you can't always expect what you want, no matter how much you want it. Things in life doesn't always go the way you want. Deal with it and find other things to enjoy.
I love creed and my favorite guitar player of all time says he has a creed album ready to record with my favorite vocalist, drummer, and bass player. I want to hear that album. I’m sorry I’m bitter knowing the best guitar player ever has that album and won’t record it, even though there’s time as he says he doesn’t have time to do it. Maybe one day. Have a good one everyone. Sorry. Wasn’t trying to cause any hate or bad vibes I’m sorry.

Mark is also a father and husband, so if he’s not touring, he’s busy being there for his family.

Maybe Mark doesn’t think the album lives up to the legacy of Creed? Or maybe it’s not as good as music he thinks he can make otherwise? Or maybe he’s just done with Creed?
Thanks Andy!

shakes51
Brand New Start

Post by shakes51 »

What if Creed never broke up? Instead, they've released 13 albums the last 24 years. What happens? Maybe they didn't evolve as a musicians. We could be saying, I wish they would release an album as good as the first three were. It happens to bands together for a long time, nothing is as good as the early stuff was.

Would tremonti be the guitarist / vocalist that he is today if Creed never broke up? I am a mark tremonti fan and blown away by how much he has evolved as a musician. Someone said that AB and the tremonti band are failed projects. To what standard - is it comparing to the success Creed had in the 90s? That isn't fair.

I'd love to hear the creed record mark says he has written one day. But for today, we should appreciate that we still get new music from mark and Scott, even if it is not a Creed album. How much would it suck if they completely disappeared from the music scene completely.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

Hi guys! I'm back! The site wouldn't let me log in for awhile and would take me to some AT&T webpage. I also had (and have since lost) a career from April to now so a lot of shitty emotions brewing as of late. I missed you all though.

To elaborate on the Creed topic, I agree with shakes51. I'd rather not have Creed than have Alter Creed. If Mark and Stapp can't make something as good as My Own Prison, Human Clay and Weathered than I'm not up for it. I've loved every single song off Marching in Time so far and I'm completely into Stapp's career as of late. I'm just grateful they're both still alive. As opposed to Chester Bennington, Scott Weiland and several others.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

That’s a positive sign from Mark!!! I’d love to see a Creed reunion. Scott is sounding great, and it would be amazing to hear him doing some acoustic sessions…. Plus I’d love to hear those incomplete songs!

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Shortman45 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:40 am That’s a positive sign from Mark!!!
Yes and no, I feel.

I can't help but read it as Mark saying that the only value Creed has is the nostalgic effect. It doesn't make me feel optimistic about the possibility of new Creed music.

Based on that article, it looks like Creed will tour again one day. But I'm not sure if there'll be another album. Hope I'm wrong though :)

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Shoudn't we talk about this in a Creed thread?
I'm glad to read Mark is now thinking positively about Creed, but it seems all we're gonna get is a short tour like the 2009 and 2010 ones.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

chtimixeur wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:45 pm Shoudn't we talk about this in a Creed thread?
I'm glad to read Mark is now thinking positively about Creed, but it seems all we're gonna get is a short tour like the 2009 and 2010 ones.
I'm lazy so all I do is click on active topics and jump in head first :lol

Devil Inside You
Isolated

I've long accepted Creed's inactivity. I like Stapp's solo career and Marching in Time is my favorite Tremonti solo album thus far.

I think I'd rather see Stapp work with Carl Bell of Fuel when it comes to future songwriting or a potential band. Tremonti absolutely needs that spark he had from My Own Prison to One Day Remains before he thinks about new Creed material anyway.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Not gonna bother worrying about it anymore. Mark can make a big book of excuses why no Creed now, but the only true answer is he isn’t low enough on money to need Creed again. Yet.

It’ll happen within a decade. Opening for Chris Daughtery 3rd band on the bill won’t pay the bills forever.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Funny thing. It's 9 years since the last time Creed toured. You think if the money well would run out, it would have been now and I would like to think Mark is smart enough to put himself in a position to not have to do Creed only for the money.

If Creed comes back, it may be for the right reasons for him that's non-monetary. If that happens, I would just see Mark as a guy in another band where I may or not buy a ticket at my local amphitheater unless it's a cheap price on the day of as oppose to if AB or Tremonti on any bill comes nearby in the SoCal area, it's a first day purchase.

Also, if you think Tremonti being the 3rd band behind Daughtry and Sevendust is a failure, Pop Evil has had their fair share of radio success, and they were the 3rd band behind Skillet and Sevendust in 2019 and they played a venue in LA smaller than the one that the Daughtry will be playing in.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

I wish Stapp was getting big gigs like Mark has. Being on a tour with Daughtry in any slot is not a bad thing at all. If anything it shows how far Tremonti's solo band has come.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Sure. I could see Stapp, if the opportunity presents itself, being on an opening slot for a band like Skillet and the likes and it would work ok.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Were Mark and Stapp possibly friends in the early days of Creed (‘97-‘04) ?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Sure, they could possibly be friends back then. A lot of people in life can be friends for a long time before the relationship just drifts away for various reasons until it becomes more of "hey, how are you doing?" meetup every now and then.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Devil Inside You wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:30 pm I wish Stapp was getting big gigs like Mark has. Being on a tour with Daughtry in any slot is not a bad thing at all. If anything it shows how far Tremonti's solo band has come.
Sorry, but being third on the bill of a Daughtry tour is not a big gig by any means.
I don't see what's the appeal of a 25-30 minute show that late in his career.
Daughtry peaked 10 years ago, and he was never that big of a deal.

alterbridge86
Brand New Start

Post by alterbridge86 »

Well this should be interesting

https://twitter.com/ScottStapp/status/1 ... 33222?s=20

Doesn't say in the post but I just pre-added it to my apple music account, says release is 10/7.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I just checked one of their songs.
It's dubstep, right?

See, I'm all for collaborations, but it's just too much of a stretch for me.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

It could be a stretch or it could be something for me to get into. Lzzy Hale of Halestorm collaborated with Lindsey Stirling (the violinist who also incorporates electronic elements in her songs) on a song called Shatter Me. I liked it enough and somehow, I ended up seeing Lindsey Stirling four times in the last three years on a cheap ticket and she delivered great performances in those times.

Let's see how this collab works out. I wish the best for Stapp.