The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by Shortman45 »

True. I wonder if Scott reached out to Mark for a guest appearance on this solo album....that would be interesting!

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

What does it have to do with anything? It's not like bands on the same label see each other often and are friends. They happen to have a company that issues both of their albums, but IMHO, there's nothing more to it.
Mark made it clear a few years ago that his relationship with Stapp had become a business one, and since they don't have anything planned with Creed, I doubt he's interested in Stapp just as a friend.

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

Scott said that he spoke to Mark a couple of months ago, so I speculated about what they spoke about. Possibly about new music. I thought that was relevant. But anyway...

olof79
Rise Today

Post by olof79 »

Sounds like a bad Tremonti/modern Creed song.. forgettable.

RE: Purpose For Pain music video.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

chtimixeur wrote:What does it have to do with anything? It's not like bands on the same label see each other often and are friends. They happen to have a company that issues both of their albums, but IMHO, there's nothing more to it.
Mark made it clear a few years ago that his relationship with Stapp had become a business one, and since they don't have anything planned with Creed, I doubt he's interested in Stapp just as a friend.
I disagree, I think shortman is right. You're telling me that out of all the labels out there stapp gets the one that just happens to be the one that his former band mates are in; without having talked to them? I'd say it's very likely. Maybe not definite, but things happen behind the scenes. Only they, stapp and tremonti, know their relationship. Why would stapp lie about having talked to tremonti? The two still share business interests with the rights to the creed catalogue. They probably have to talk about that when it comes to rights or if a business wants to use their songs for commercials or whatever.

On the other hand I can understand why that label would perhaps act on their own and try and get stapp under the same wing as tremonti. Any label would LOVE to have Creed. They are one of the last great rock groups (in terms of sales and shows) and people still know of them and still want to hear their songs. It's possible too, that this was all the work of the label to contort that reunion into existence.

But then again have mark or stapp, within the last six months mention what they're going to do after AB6 and SbtS? Tremonti still says that he has creed songs lying about and that he still writes them. Stapp constantly says he wants to do creed. The face that they're under the same label now and, and from my understanding are relatively open after these upcoming records, and their words, makes another Creed reunion likely. And don't forget the money and the fans.

It will happen again. :headbang

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

nagpo wrote:Why would stapp lie about having talked to tremonti?
It wouldn't be the first time.
He always says they're in good terms and speaking, but when Mark is asked about him, he usually says they haven't talked in years. As far as we know, the last time they actually met was at a pool side of a hotel around 2015.

It looks to me like Stapp wants people to believe Creed is still an active band. Well, at least, he used to, and up until last year or so, when interviewers called him "the ex-Creed frontman", he would correct them and say the band is on hiatus.
But then again have mark or stapp, within the last six months mention what they're going to do after AB6 and SbtS?
AB, Tremonti, AB, Tremonti, AB, Tremonti...
That's what the next years look like to me. Nowadays, Mark seems to absolutely love doing his solo thing, and I doubt he would trade one album/tour cycle to do Creed instead. I hope I'm wrong, but IMHO, it's impossible to juggle 3 bands at a time and give each of them the proper focus and amount of time.

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

Mark priority at the moment is his solo and AB6. Mark will only work with Scott again if both of them are in positive term with one another i.e. comfortable being around one another. That being said Mark has an album worth of Creed songs that is waiting to be released. On top of that Mark said in a recent interview his greatest fear is laying on his death bed with songs that he has yet to release. So I am fairly confident we will have Creed V sooner than later.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

If they were ever to reunite and work on Creed V, I hope they would ditch those songs and work on some new stuff. The small bits we heard sounded terrible to me, and the couple of songs they rehearsed were average at best. More Than This was a step in the right direction, but it was no Higher or My Sacrifice.
I don't want to hear another ALter Bridge B-Sides album like Full Circle, and if they want to release something again, they should do it the old way, meaning Scott+Mark and no else in the writing room. I also hope E-rock won't be a part of the band anymore: IMHO, he never fit, and back when they wrote great stuff, Creed was a four-piece band, and it should remain that way.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

E-Rock never actually contributed anything to Creed. He was just the touring guitarist.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

chtimixeur wrote:If they were ever to reunite and work on Creed V, I hope they would ditch those songs and work on some new stuff. The small bits we heard sounded terrible to me, and the couple of songs they rehearsed were average at best. More Than This was a step in the right direction, but it was no Higher or My Sacrifice.
I don't want to hear another ALter Bridge B-Sides album like Full Circle, and if they want to release something again, they should do it the old way, meaning Scott+Mark and no else in the writing room. I also hope E-rock won't be a part of the band anymore: IMHO, he never fit, and back when they wrote great stuff, Creed was a four-piece band, and it should remain that way.
I thought the rehearsals and demos sounded great. Sounded a lot like Weathered. The were playing a lot of MoP/HV dedicated shows to get into the feel of old creed while writing for creed 5. I hope they do the same next time.

About Erock - I don't see why he would be needed. Creed functioned live before him. Why do we need him now? And the writing process should always just be the original four guys. Do not make erock part of the band. And bring Kurzweg back. please.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I highly doubt Mark would want to do another Creed tour without his buddy E-rock.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

well if he must be there I wont write the band off lol. Just don't make him a member. Just backing touring guitarist. But this is all almost a moot point.

Any rumors on when the record is coming out? Retail/website listings? New interviews?

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

There was this interview a few days ago:
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/scott- ... -who-i-am/

Yannis didn't write any songs for the album, which will be released in July.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

That's kind of disappointing because I know Yannis wanted to write some music. It also doesn't seem like there is any creed talks happening behind the scenes going by stapps answer. Oh well, at least we have a July release! That's one of my favorite months ;)

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Here's an half hour video from Klaq radio:
https://www.facebook.com/ScottStapp/vid ... 088912833/

Setlist:
1. Purpose For Pain
2. Name
3. My Sacrifice

Some interesting questions from fans from the 24th minute on. He says the ideas for his Between Lust and Love album were spread out on Full Circle, Proof of Life and Art of Anarchy. There are two that are still unreleased (Original Sin, Crazy in Love), but they will be in the future.

Scott also played Higher with Hootie & the Blowfish, and the guitar player totally butchered the song!
Aaron Lewis, who mocked Scott a few years ago, looked happy at the end on the left side of the stage...

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

Some interesting questions from fans from the 24th minute on. He says the ideas for his Between Lust and Love album were spread out on Full Circle, Proof of Life and Art of Anarchy. There are two that are still unreleased (Original Sin, Crazy in Love), but they will be in the future.
That is not very accurate. He still got Crazy, Song of Empathy, el diablo, waiting for love, on this side, etc. In the preview years ago Scott said he had 21 songs for Between Lust and Love. Damn! Listening back to the preview makes me think what a massive rock album it would be.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Cool photo from his Instagram.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Does he own all six of those iPhones?

Dimitris
Brand New Start

Post by Dimitris »

Hello everyone I guess I’m an “old new member” for this forum ,it’s been years since I was here.Anyway I’m glad I see some positivity in the Comments for Scott new music and I’m pretty impressed my self from the song Name ,i always keep saying Scott need to go heavy and this song just made me revisit my thoughts and believe now he just need to follow the classic old school style and a bit country sound with meaningful lyrics and slow tempo songs

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Did he do a loudwire interview last night?