The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by Timotheus »

Or he really releases it in october/november and can tour when AB's touring. AB will be touring in 2014 too, so I don't really see the problem.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I wonder if he's going to try different genres of music. Would be interesting to hear.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Scott on Twitter tonight:
Scott Stapp wrote:Great vibe in studio today. Love it when a feeling inside becomes an epic song in 5 minutes, I'm like wow, look up 2heaven &say thank you G!
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

He seems to be collaborating with quite a few people on this new record. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint

Decay

Post by Decay »

Via Scott: Tracking some vocals with Blair

Decay

Post by Decay »

So, is Stapp recording a new album? A double album that he was talking about a while ago...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I think Windup kind of scratched the double album a while ago. Seems like he's getting ready for some sort of album though.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Just looking at Scott he looks a lot healther and in a lot better shape than he did even a year or two ago.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Decay wrote:So, is Stapp recording a new album?
I would certainly think so. Seems like a lot of time in the studio if he's not doing an album. In other words, it doesn't sound like he's recording one or two songs or an EP, or guesting on someone else's album. It'd be nice to hear something official from SS though

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I asked Michael on twitter for a straight up answer on Creed, he said "Creed are still a band and are on a hiatus"
So, Creed will be back together playing at some point
:D

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Well, yeah. They are just doing other projects right now and are going to regroup after said projects are completed.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I was on the other Creed forum, and at first I thought conspiracy, but has anyone watch the like, latter half of the 2012 tour and noticed that Mark and Stapp have zero interest in even acknowledging the other person is there? Stapp walks to Marks side, Mark turns and goes to Brians side. I've watched quite a few videos, and in the latter half of the tour (mostly South America and Co) they don't even look at each other. Stapp is left to do his own thing with no band interaction... :shrug

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

That's what happens when you don't sit in a room in order to confront the problems. Avoiding personal issues is never a good situation when you have to be on stage together. One day, they'll have to man up and have some real talk.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Twitter update - almost finished with the album:
@ScottStapp wrote: Headed back 2 Los Angeles to finish the record \m/ http://twitpic.com/cozwr5

Why is he walking outside with a guitar like a homeless guy?

Also, who is Cara? Here's another tweet:
@ScottStapp wrote: With Cara. Writing. Question of the day: is that snow outside?
Link to photo of Stapp & Cara (don't know how to embed Instagram pics) - http://instagram.com/p/ZEPc_mFIcv

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

MidnightToker wrote: Why is he walking outside with a guitar like a homeless guy?
He's at the airport...some people carry luggage. :lol

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Please don't tell me it's Kara Dioguardi from American Idol.
She's a famous pop songwriter.
It looks a bit like her :

She has worked with :
Christina Aguilera, Backstreet Boys, Natasha Bedingfield, Bo Bice, Kelly Clarkson, Céline Dion, Hilary Duff, Paris Hilton, Vanessa Hudgens, Jewel, Jonas Brothers, Avril Lavigne, Lindsay Lohan, Demi Lovato, Ricky Martin, Kelly Osbourne, The Pussycat Dolls, Nicole Scherzinger, Ashlee Simpson, Jessica Simpson, Britney Spears... :facepalm

If that is really her, Scott is going to disappoint his rock fans BIG TIME.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

It is Kara Dioguardi. There was another pic earlier of Scott's with her. Its surprising for sure. Stapp wanted to know what his fans wanted from the next album, and I think a lot of them hinted at MOP, HC era sound. Whats funny is Stapp seems to be getting the other side of the story to him. Well, whatever it is, I'll only wait and hear whats this all about. I wouldn't actually mind his unreleased solo material that he previewed for us a while back. I wonder whats keeping him from re-recording those demos and releasing them. It had a lotta songs with great potential. Zelick and Bodnar were aight too and Zelick specially was a killer bassy live. Scott's version of "Pray For Sunrise" with them was epic in my opinion and he completely ruined the song recording it the way he did for his book. If thats the direction he is going for, Stapp's completely lost. Stapp and Tremonti are kinda loosing there musical unique identities imo. Specially Stapp. I just don't understand what is influencing his musical directions to stray into genres that he is not great at. He was a hardrocker, and he was pretty damn good at it regardless of what a lotta people have had to say. I wish he really looks back and picks up from where he exactly went down at.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Indeed you are right, there is another picture

I guess Stapp wants the success he once had, and since rock is dead, he's going pop/rock.
Remember, he said once he had worked a bit with Desmond Child (who wrote a lof of Bon Jovi songs) and that he had learned A LOT from him.
Phil X, who worked with Stapp a couple of months ago, is the guitar player who filled in for Richie Sambora just recently during the Bon jovi tour. He also worked with Daughtry on his debut album.

Stapp's also working with this guy called Toby Gad, who wrote hits for Beyoncé, One Direction, Alicia Keys, Brandy, Natasha Bedingfield, Fergie, American Idol Finalists Kelly Clarkson, Kris Allen Jessica Sanchez, Demi Lovato, Allison Iraheta, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez...

So anyone can tell Stapp wants to have Daughtry/Bon Jobi's success. He wants hit singles and it doesn't matter whether his old school Creed fans like the songs or not. It's time for a change, and as a result, he's hiring people who can make him achieve that goal, even though he may lose what made him unique in the process.

I guess he's realistic about Creed's future. He knows he can't replicate Creed's sound without Mark, so he's moving on. And so is Mark with his solo project and Alter Bridge (I am convinced the solo project was created so that he wouldn't have to rely on Creed when Myles was working with Slash).

As sad as it is for Creed fans, maybe that's a good thing they are finally doing something that fulfills them artistically and/or financially : Stapp wants to be a rock star and have the lifestyle that comes with it, whereas Mark just wants to show his skills and play heavy stuff.
Creed has its time, it was great, but the last 3 or 4 years showed us one thing : the band we all loved will never ever come close to its former greatness. Their 2 creative forces can't stand each other, which makes me come to the conclusion they are done for good.

PS : you are right when you say Stapp is completely lost. It's been obvious to me for the past 5 or 6 years, and when i heard the way he sang on recent songs (demos, Pray for Sunrise, unreleased songs he gave to the fans), I could only shake my head and wonder what was going on. The dude seems to have no idea how to sing properly, and what do to with his career. Artistically, this pop move seems a bit desperate, and you can already tell Creed and Alter Bridge fans will bash him when this album released.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

She worked with Halestorm for at least one song too.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

chtimixeur wrote: Image

He said once he had worked a bit with Desmond Child (who wrote a lof of Bon Jovi songs) and that he had learned A LOT from him.

Phil X, who worked with Stapp a couple of months ago, is the guitar player who filled in for Richie Sambora just recently during the Bon jovi tour. He also worked with Daughtry on his debut album.

Stapp's also working with this guy called Toby Gad, who wrote hits for Beyoncé, One Direction, Alicia Keys, Brandy, Natasha Bedingfield, Fergie, American Idol Finalists Kelly Clarkson, Kris Allen Jessica Sanchez, Demi Lovato, Allison Iraheta, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez...
This is very interesting, indeed. Those 4 people -- Kara, Desmond, Phil and Toby -- all make it very clear that Stapp wants to be on top of the charts again. I'm not all that familiar with Kara, Toby and Phil's work, but I do know that Desmond wrote some of the biggest hits for Bon Jovi (Living On A Prayer, You Give Love A Bad Name, etc.) and some of the bigger ones for Aerosmith's late 80s/early 90s comeback -- Amazing, Angel, etc.

I'll be interested to hear this new material. It sounds like Stapp is willing to do whatever it takes to have mainstream success again.