The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by Shortman45 »

Don't they have the same manager? That would make it easy for them all to be signed to the same label.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to hear the album. I liked some of the Art of Anarchy songs, so hopefully he has his head screwed on.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Stapp and AB does not the same management.

Clients:
Alter Bridge
Myles Kennedy
Man The Mighty
Sevendust
Tremonti (Touring)

https://www.janusmusicmgmt.com/contact

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Stapp is with spectacle entertainment group according to this site

http://werockwebzine.co.uk/scott-stapp- ... lm-records

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

I stand corrected. I don't keep up to date with their management over the years. But I remember they had the same manager - Paul Geary, at one point. Nevermind.
Anyway, this makes it interesting that he signed with Napalm.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Although, is Creed (if they ever do reunite again) still under contract to Wind-Up? Or was Full Circle enough to fulfill their contract?

Either way, there's also a teaser of new Stapp music coming this year.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Love how that teaser cut right before the vocals :lol

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Hm, the instrumental sounds kinda generic.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

It's only 30 seconds... And, honestly, my expectations for a stapp record are lower than an Alter Bridge record when it comes to being generic or innovative. Stapp doesn't play an instrument, he doesn't write music as far as I know. He comes up with the vocal melody and lyrics and such, but when it comes to the music, I think it's done by the producer and band and sometimes stapp will buy music from others. That New Day song on his previous solo record wasn't his at all, he straight up bought it and rerecorded it. There is nothing wrong with this, many solo acts do this.

Proof of Life was very generic imo, so that's the bar I'm setting this next record at in terms of comparison. If it's better than that record I'll be happy. I don't really expect it to be better than AoA because those guys wrote some of their own music and got music from other very talented guys. I don't really know all of who is contributing to this record. All we know is that this record will probably be heavier than the last solo record.

Maybe it will be generic, but as long as it has some of the typical Stapp stylings, such as powerful lyrics and a catchy chorus to sing along too, i'll be happy.

Personally, I wish stapp could've continued working with bumblefoot and voyer, as I don't think they had a issue with stapp. I only remember the Votta brothers suing him. And even that I have no clue how it turned out. I think the AoA sound suited stapp and I think continuing with those two would've been good.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Stapp does play guitar (which is to be seen in the famous Olympics 2002 set and in one of the studio videos when they were writing Creed V with Tremonti, he also did an acoustic set a couple years ago with Erock backing him up) but I don't believe he comes up with full songs as such. This clip sounds kinda cool with those strings/keys in the background but the riff is as always pretty generic.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

I honestly don't know what to think about that little teaser I agree that it sounds kind of generic. The last song that Scott recorded that I thought really kicked major ass was Pray for Sunrise, I don't think that was any kind of coincidence because if I remember correctly it was produced by John Kerswig (hopefully I spelled his name right) that was the last song to me that he put out that sounded truly original musically. For me I don't know how to say it's not like I think the music is bad but it just doesn't stand out it doesn't make me go holy crap who's that, it just kinda sounds like generic rock music that you would hear in the background in a movie at a bar or something.

Here's what I see as pretty sad. I think for Scott the other guys in Creed made him better. I really do think, and I'm honestly not trying to talk bad about the guy just for the sake of it, but I do think that he needs them more than they need him. While it is true that I do feel like Alter Bridge have kind of fallen off a little bit with The Last Hero, for me personally everything up until that point was a home run, I think that Fortress was the true follow-up to Blackbird, I still can't stop listening to that damn thing the entire Fortress album has such a groove in it, if I ever won the lottery I give them like $50,000 to play that album live in its entirety.

Back to the point though I do want Scott to do well. The Art of Anarchy album I thought was absolutely awesome. When I heard the first single off of that record I thought to myself he has finally found a true band again because I loved almost every song on that album and it's an absolute shame that things went the way they did because if he would've put the work in it really could've turned into something. Unfortunately, and this is only my opinion but I think he doesn't really want to have to "start over" at this point in his life in much the same way that Alter Bridge did in the very beginning, for all the success that they once had they basically made the decision to start off as if they were a completely brand-new band and it did take them a long time but now they have a respectable reputation, that is what he should've done with Art of Anarchy.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Well, with the AoA situation it hard to tell what really happened. Maybe when Stapp starts going on the press run for his next record he'll get asked about it. There are two sides to every story, as they say, so without knowing the contract stapp signed it's hard to know if he fulfilled his role as agreed or didn't.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

nagpo wrote:Well, with the AoA situation it hard to tell what really happened. Maybe when Stapp starts going on the press run for his next record he'll get asked about it. There are two sides to every story, as they say, so without knowing the contract stapp signed it's hard to know if he fulfilled his role as agreed or didn't.
This is true

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I wish the Art of Anarchy gig had worked out. They had a look, a pretty good rock band sound, and I think The Madness was the “best” song to come from/with Stapp since Overcome/ATF

Hope the record is heavy. Stapp crying out to God and his wife every song does kind of get repetitive

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

austin. wrote: Hope the record is heavy. Stapp crying out to God and his wife every song does kind of get repetitive
I see where you're coming from - in the creed days stapp wrote on a variety of subjects. He used christian imagery as an allegory to handle complex issues. But in some of his recent outings his lyrical writing has been more about his wife and such. But I guess you just write what you know. He's in a different place in his life and his lyrics represent that.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

He cut his hair. Looks like Elvis :eek

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

nagpo wrote:This is great news! From what I understand, Napalm has been good to myles, tremonti and AB and hopefully they will be good to him as well. Nobody knows how he came to them, we could all speculate, but this does mean that the will be closer to his former band mates and I'm sure Napalm wouldn't dislike the idea of having a band like Creed under their list...

BWAHAHAHAH this is like one of my fantasies to get the band back together. Anyways, can't wait to hear the single next month, which is when I'm assuming it'll come out. Album will probably drop in may or june. I just hope it's better than Proof Of Life
Man I really enjoyed Proof of Life. :(
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

You don't have to feel bad about that. Taste is subjective to an extent. Enjoy what you enjoy.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

I think the teaser sounds better than any of the music that was on Proof of Life. I liked Proof of Life quite a lot, but I thought the music on there was incredibly bland but for some reason I think this sounds much better.
Thanks Andy!

alterbridge86
Brand New Start

Post by alterbridge86 »

New teaser posted today, with a slightly longer version of the same tune, plus a date this time...tomorrow (3.20.19). Guessing single release??

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Cool, it sounds good. Yeah single release. Nothing else it could be