The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
nagpo
On The Rail

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by nagpo »

Mr. Slash wrote:Mannequin challenge? wtf.
seems like some new stupid fad...

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

He played an acoustic version of Don't Stop Dancing a few days ago :

Now, that's a rarity !

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

i'm convinced now that i can sing creed songs better than scott stapp - at least technically. he seems to be unable to hit notes and pitches he used to be able to.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

nagpo wrote:i'm convinced now that i can sing creed songs better than scott stapp - at least technically. he seems to be unable to hit notes and pitches he used to be able to.
Vids or it didn't happen.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Kind of a tough video to watch but stapp did well. I hope he's right about rock returning eventually.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

Shortman45 wrote:
can someone translate to english

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

I don't speak Portuguese, Hahaha. I like how Scott played it out like he knew what the guy was saying.

I mainly linked it for the two songs he plays.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Shortman45 wrote:I don't speak Portuguese, Hahaha. I like how Scott played it out like he knew what the guy was saying.

I mainly linked it for the two songs he plays.
They probably had a translator doing it through a mic in his ear or it was all scripted which is not unusual for late night talk shows.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Stapp played Don't Stop Dancing again, but this time, the Brazilian crowd was crazy about it.

Just listen to them cheering and singing every word.
The girls even do the female vocals at the end of the song. Scott must have been impressed, since he applauded the crowd at the end.
That's one of the most entertaining Stapp videos I've watched in years.

I can't believe this song was my least favourite Creed song for years. Now, I'm absolutely loving it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

damn that was great. made me emotional. Someone send this vid to mark, if there was ever a video to make him want to do creed again this is it.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

nagpo wrote:damn that was great. made me emotional. Someone send this vid to mark, if there was ever a video to make him want to do creed again this is it.
gave me goosebumps, makes me think of my grandpa and my dad, it's 10 years since I lost them in 2017

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

They also played Inside Us All at that Sao Paulo show !!!

Look at the crowd applauding after the first chorus.
I know a lot of fans keep saying Stapp's band isn't any good, but I think they're doing a good job. Not great. But it's easily the band solo band he's ever had, and Yannis is getting closer and closer to the original Creed sound. He just needs a little more attack/aggression when he plays the riffs.

The downside is he's not playing any solo stuff anymore :
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/scott-sta ... b3fe7.html : 15/16 are Creed songs
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/scott-sta ... bc1e0.html : all 15 songs are Creed ones

Here is a video of Say I from the Argentinian show

It's not the best sounding video you'll ever see, but you can hear the clarity in Stapp's voice after he stopped smoking. He still has pitch issues, but he wouldn't have been able to sing like this 2 or 3 years ago.
I'm also enjoying the subtile ambient guitar arrangements during the verses. It suits the song well.

@TremontiFan4Life : sorry to hear about your dad and grandad. Losing 2 close relatives in a year must have been tragic.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

chtimixeur wrote:
@TremontiFan4Life : sorry to hear about your dad and grandad. Losing 2 close relatives in a year must have been tragic.
It definitely was,

I'll try to keep this story short but I actually lost my granddad and my dad within a six week period, my granddad had been diagnosed with leukemia in February 2007 and been given three months to live, my father and I did not know the number of months at that time, so in a way we were expecting it to happen to my grandfather but we were still in shock over the entire situation as you can imagine. With my dad it was sudden and unexpected, he had been diabetic since the age of 11 years old and throughout his life had many problems kidney failure heart disease the list goes on. Anyway I remember it like it was yesterday, on the afternoon that we found out that my grandfather had leukemia I was listening to music and all of a sudden Don't Stop Dancing came on. My dad and I were alone in the house because my grandfather had went to the doctor with the rest of the family, he was standing behind me and he just put his arms around me and we both started crying.

Had to stop about two minutes later when we heard the garage open and we didn't want anyone to know that we were.

I know the lyrics to the song are more focused on children but to me if you listen to the whole thing and don't pay too much attention to the chorus the song really it's an emotional chord because we really did feel like things were unfair

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

It's crazy how some songs instantly lead us back to some dark or happy moments of our life. You're listening to one tune, and boom, you're remembering things from 10 or 20 years ago that had not crossed your mind in ages, and it feels like it just happened.
In your situation, I know I'd have a hard time listening to Don't Stop Dancing.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

What made it have that affect was the performance as well. The fact that he played it so stripped down really gave it a new feeling like it was a very intimate performance, which it was of course and it shows that he still has what made him famous he just has to find the right group of guys to help him tap into that and I think with his current solo band this time around they may be the people to help them do that.

Had he not blocked me on twitter years ago I definitely would tell him how proud I am of him and how much that song means to me

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Here is another video of that Don't Stop Dancing performance.

So many smartphones...

Are You Ready

The guitar tone almost has a Pantera feel.

My Sacrifice

The band seems to have some genuine fun on stage.

GeorgeBR
Brand New Start

Post by GeorgeBR »

Hey guys,

I was at the Sao Paulo show and it rocked really hard. What a night. He and the band were incredible. I feel fortunate that I had the opportunity to see him perform in a small venue and it was an outstanding experience. I was right in front of Yiannis and the guy is a monster, what a guitar player and performer. I think they're the best band Scott has ever had and I hope he keeps them close so when he comes back from Art Of Anarchy he gets that good bunch of guys/musicians with him.

I attended to two Creed shows in Brazil back in 2012 and I can say, that show from last week was better. I don't know how I feel about that being a fact but it was a complete agreement even for Mark Tremonti's fans over the audience. There were chemistry, great sounding, great guitar tones, great interaction, it was really good, what a show. He got great review from the media that were there too.

Also I got to meet him before the show. It was a great moment for me. He was very nice, signed my My Own Prison and talked a litle bit about the show.

I took a few videos:

Inside Us All

Torn

Bullets

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Well considering what was going on in Creed at the time, it probably wasn't very hard for them to top the Creed show.