The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by TenaciousBe »

Well, by "badass," I didn't mean growly and angry, just... really good. I don't know if anything Stapp has done solo has come anywhere near the realm of Creed.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Who I am

Shortman45
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Shortman45 »

WTLF
https://www.facebook.com/dangocellanemp ... 844716609/
Scott is sounding great here. I’d be interested to hear his album. Art of Anarchy had some good tracks

If he just wrapped recording - when do you guys think the first single will come out?

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

He's sounding great indeed. Even on his best days over the last 3 years, he's usually had pitch issues while singing this chorus.
Just imagine how good a Creed record would sound nowadays with that voice...

Onto the next solo album:
Back at in LA with my boy @exiesscott today working on mixes and doing some final vocal punches. It’s slammin’ in here. Can’t wait to share the new music with you!!
Killer couple days in LA at the studio writing and recording with my boy @kthrash #riffmaster #kevinthrasher #newmusic
I've never heard of those dudes.
But that last picture looks like it was taken at the end of the 90's. How weird.

About the next single. Well, I think the album will be released in early November. So we should hear a single in early September.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

New Stapp pics in twitter in cabo. He's pretty fit. no homo/

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

He's in great physical shape and he stopped smoking.
It's no wonder his voice is almost back to what it used to be.
If you treat your body right, you'll get results.

rockmusic4ever
Brand New Start

Post by rockmusic4ever »

Short interview. Stapp says his new album will drop within the 1st quarter of next year.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5829281864001/

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

was just about to post that! i was hoping this year but oh well. He seems to be in a great headspace. Unfortunately still playing creed.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

The one thing I noticed is that his speaking voice seems really different, either higher or clearer, I can't quite put my finger on it but he definitely sounds like he did in his younger days at least as far as talking is concerned. He also looks to be in great physical shape. I do agree that it's unfortunate that he is still relying on Creed. I think it's starting to hurt him because that music is only getting older therefore his fan base is only getting older I wish he would still keep the Creed music in his set, but I wish he would use it more as salt and pepper and save his solo original music as the main course. At some point he has to build a new audience if he wants to have any real lasting career on his own, otherwise the nostalgia of the Creed songs will eventually fade away. Honestly he deserves much more than being known as just a nostalgia act. I don't even know how it's possible for him to pay back the money it costs for him to make new albums, going around playing mostly Creed songs with his solo band doesn't really pay that much does it?

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

so whatever happened with the AoA lawsuit?

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Latest Stapp solo show

https://www.youtube.com/user/tbone22233 ... _polymer=1

I haven't had a chance to watch them yet

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

nagpo wrote:Latest Stapp solo show

I'm really not trying to be negative but I just watched the first part of Overcome and I'm shocked. It's not that Scott sounds bad he actually sounds pretty good, but the band holy shit they sound bad, at least on that song. To my ears that sounds nothing like the original, sounds like a horrible cover version

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

TremontiFan4Life wrote:
nagpo wrote:Latest Stapp solo show

I'm really not trying to be negative but I just watched the first part of Overcome and I'm shocked. It's not that Scott sounds bad he actually sounds pretty good, but the band holy shit they sound bad, at least on that song. To my ears that sounds nothing like the original, sounds like a horrible cover version
Sounds like the guitar is out of tune. And yea, they don't really sound tight.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I just listened to a few vids and really enjoyed it. He said the first bits of new music will be out in feb and the record in may maybe.

number1
Bought The CDs

Post by number1 »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... W9LKPwHzyw

Scott doing U2 cover of I still haven't found what I'm looking for. Not bad considering that song has plenty of high notes.

rockmusic4ever
Brand New Start

Post by rockmusic4ever »

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

anguyen92 wrote:Well, this is interesting. Stapp is now with Napalm Records. Same label as AB, Tremonti, and Myles.

http://loudwire.com/creed-scott-stapp-s ... m-records/
Saw this earlier on Facebook. I saw some speculation that maybe the label will push them to do another Creed reunion since everyone's under the same roof again? Just seems odd that Stapp would join the same label. I wonder if the other guys had anything to do with that, or if he's just trying to tag along with the cool kids, or...?
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

TenaciousBe wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:Well, this is interesting. Stapp is now with Napalm Records. Same label as AB, Tremonti, and Myles.

http://loudwire.com/creed-scott-stapp-s ... m-records/
Saw this earlier on Facebook. I saw some speculation that maybe the label will push them to do another Creed reunion since everyone's under the same roof again? Just seems odd that Stapp would join the same label. I wonder if the other guys had anything to do with that, or if he's just trying to tag along with the cool kids, or...?
That part seems a bit baseless since Napalm wanted AB (and not the other way around) during the time they were free agents in early 2016. A Creed reunion is not happening via external pressure. Now why did Stapp sign with Napalm? That part we honestly do not know. Whether it comes down to Mark/Flip/Brian saying that they are a good label to sign with or whether or not Napalm actually wanted Stapp as a solo artist (and given that they both signed Myles and the Tremonti band knowing that Napalm will not see the metrics that those solo bands will bring in comparison to AB). Who knows. I hope for the best for Stapp and for AB as separate entities.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

This is great news! From what I understand, Napalm has been good to myles, tremonti and AB and hopefully they will be good to him as well. Nobody knows how he came to them, we could all speculate, but this does mean that the will be closer to his former band mates and I'm sure Napalm wouldn't dislike the idea of having a band like Creed under their list...

BWAHAHAHAH this is like one of my fantasies to get the band back together. Anyways, can't wait to hear the single next month, which is when I'm assuming it'll come out. Album will probably drop in may or june. I just hope it's better than Proof Of Life