The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

A place for all Creed discussion.
nagpo
On The Rail

Re: The Official SCOTT STAPP Thread

Post by nagpo »

austin. wrote:So excited to be front row. But, sad turnout. Don’t know what happened. Guess it’s because it’s a Tuesday. Specifically requested this Charlotte show and Stapp made it happen less than a week later.

Thank you Scott Stapp. Gonna enjoy the hell out of tonight 50 people or 50 thousand. Drove 3.5 hrs one way for this. Can’t wait.
This is the reason why I didn't go. Too busy. If it had been a friday, I'd been there no doubt.
austin. wrote:
Zero zoom. Sorry for bumping you a time or two rocking out Scott Stapp

Saw KISS in front of 25k? Staind at louder than life with over 50k. Alter bridge for 1k?
Stapp in front of a buck fifty. Human beings. Best frontman I’ve ever seen. That man is captivating. More so than Paul, Aaron Lewis, and Myles. My other favorites.

Scott Stapp is the MAN!
There is a reason why he's still able to keep a fanbase despite everything. He connects with the listeners on a very deep level. He was born with that skill, he's had it since the day 1. No training. That's why he's a great frontman.

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

Creed
Rio de Janeiro 11/23/2012
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019
Rio de Janeiro 11/17/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Thanks.
Those performances were great, and I especially enjoyed the acoustic arrangements.
Stapp is sounding really good, and his voice is crystal clear.
Since he can't seem the recapture the Creed sound on electric songs, I think he should really consider writing songs for an acoustic EP. It's long overdue, and that's the kind of setting where his current voice sounds the best IMHO.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Anyone still doubting “2019 Stapp” after that pro shot acoustic session above? Goosebumps man. That guy has no guitar for a prop or anything, just up there singing his heart out. Sad Tremonti won’t get back with him and play some music, both are extremely talented at their roles, and id pay good money to see those guys work together again. Seeing Stapp solo, I went to see Scott Stapp. He delivered to perfection. Wish mark and co was on that stage with him.

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

He's coming to Brazil in a couple of weeks. I'm going to catch two shows, really excited for that. Hope he plays a good amount of solo songs.
Creed
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

Tomorrow will be the first out of six shows of Stapp in Brazil...I'll be there in Fortaleza.

Also, yesterday he went to a morning show on the biggest brazilian TV, it was a bomb, great exposure..."Creed" fot the first place for a while on the Twitter trending topics, also "Scott Stapp" and "My Sacrifice" were close and between the first 5.

Here's the performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WH0N177LIQ

It was great!
Creed
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

George
Loyal Follower

Post by George »

Performance from the brazilian talk show "The Noite".
Creed
São Paulo 11/25/2012

Alter Bridge
Rock in Rio 09/22/2017

Scott Stapp
São Paulo 12/14/2016
Fortaleza 11/08/2019

SMKC
Recife 06/03/2019

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Playing an 18 year old song on national TV just a few months after dropping a new album doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
Plus, there are notes in there he can't reach anymore.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

chtimixeur wrote:Playing an 18 year old song on national TV just a few months after dropping a new album doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
Plus, there are notes in there he can't reach anymore.
You don't seem to understand.

He IS Creed. And that's what people want from him.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Now that I've read a 2005 interview where Mark said they had a verbal agreement that none of them would play Creed material without each other, it doesn't sit right with me anymore.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Lol, that's such a Stapp thing to do.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Guitar One Magazine, August 2005.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

if it really bothered him they wouldn't have reunited in 09. I think both have the right to play the songs since they both own them

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Huehue Tremonti was so salty back then. :D

It's also interesting that even Myles gave a statement about the Creed reunion rumours.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Chtimixeur, is the rest of the interview available somewhere? Would be an interesting read.

And also, it's funny that they were so salty in '05 and then patting each other's backs in '09 because money needed to be made.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

It was probably posted by Tortsen, so thanks to him.
By the way, their interviews from 2005 were all quite salty.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Funny thing about the "do you think you'll still be doing this in 10 years?" 10 years later would be 2015 which was the worst year of AB ever from a productivity standpoint. No shows, no live DVD, nothing to get excited about primarily for AB. I get why it was the case, but at least in 2018, we got the Royal Albert Hall DVD and that's more than enough for their year off. Also, I feel like their summers aren't really the most productive of all the seasons, so I can't see them on a 45 show summer tour playing outdoor venues.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Damn that interview is so fascinating. Either Brian, Mark and Flip are evil masterminds or Stapp really behaved like the biggest douche on earth. I believe that nowadays they regret talking so openly about the whole break up. Oh, and quite interesting to read that Brian was more or less kicked out by Stapp, I didn't know this before.

creed009
Loyal Follower

Post by creed009 »

Stapp claimed in his book that Mark forced Stapp to kick Marshall out of the band because Marshall had developed a bad drinking problem, and Mark didn’t want to put up with that anymore. That’s just what I remember reading in Stapp’s book.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

My turn to chime in! Lol

I really wish that interview wasn't brought up. Its from 14 years ago, and whether Mark and the guys still have those feelings towards Stapp or not, I know mudslinging is something they are far above from now. I have to say, as much as I love Stapp and Creed, every now and then I wish we had more insight as to what happened behind the scenes. What the guys say of Stapp here reminds me of a mixture of Scott Weiland and Geoff Tate. Just where he developed such an attitude that being around him became uncomfortable as he gradually stopped being the guy they started off with.

Stapp was incredibly nice to me when I met him. I have nothing bad to say of him, and what happened in Creed happened. Oh well. I haven't met the other three but based off what people say here, I know there is nothing but positive vibes there as well. Both sides released very good albums for their respective titles this year, and both are building upon the legacies they've established. Let's leave the past in the past, and appreciate what we have now. Scott Stapp is not the same man he was 5 years ago, much less 2005, hopefully the guys can all be bros again someday and we can get Creed one last time.